About this project
*UPDATE* I have added a second run of the sold out hip bags. Second run will ship in April.
Hi! I'm Bruno Medeiros owner and maker at Headknife Leather Goods. Headknife is a one-man operation running out of my home studio in San Jose, California. All products are handmade, by me, using American sourced leather and hardware.
I've always thought leather was cool, but it wasn't until I came across some amazing leather masks at an art fair that I wanted to try working with it myself. I never did get into making masks, but I did start making practical items for my family and friends. Eventually friends of friends and strangers starting seeing the goods and asked where they could get their own.
I want to offer the highest quality product that I can, and that means using the highest quality materials. In order to buy the types of leathers I want to use in Headknife's product I need to meet minimum quantity requirements from the tanneries. With the funds from Kickstarter I'll be able to do a couple of things:
- First and foremost, I'll be able to order a custom run of leather from Horween Leather Company in Chicago for several types of leather in different colors and thicknesses. This order should supply me with enough leather for about 6 months.
- Any money remaining will go towards a foot press (which will allow me to quickly and accurately punch holes, place rivets, etc) and various cutting dies to ensure consistent quality in the goods I'm producing.
Handwritten Thanks + Patch
Slim Single and Double-Wrap Bracelet
Key Carry Lanyard
Boneca Hip Bag
Thanks to everyone to who dedicated their time, energy and good mojo towards helping me get this up and running!
Special thanks to:
- Mikul Eriksson and crew for helping me make an awesome video.
- Matt, Kristina, Tasha, Filipe, and a bunch of other folks for user testing the goods for months.
- Chris and Kristyn for letting me take pictures of them for this project.
- Belinda for her support, encouragement and putting up with me when I just want to talk about leather stuff while we're having dinner.
- AND YOU, THE KICKSTARTER BACKERS WHO MAKE THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!
Support this project
- (30 days)