The gloomy walls of Velgate Prison have throughout the centuries housed miscreants and thugs, footpads and killers. Most believe that giants constructed the massive walls, fitting together stones no mere man could move. Since then, Velgate has served its purpose in grim and merciless silence, having little contact with the world beyond the desolate valley in which it sits. To this day, criminals are sentenced to dreary tenures here; so far, no one has escaped . . .
The Exfiltrators is a 36-page prison-break scenario in which the player characters enter an infamous tower of incarceration (either as unwilling inmates or as willing spies) and extract an innocent prisoner. But just who is innocent and who is guilty? Inside Velgate prison, no one can be sure.
- The narrative is non-linear; the PCs have complete freedom in the direction of their investigation.
- The plot contains puzzles to solve and NPCs to be persuaded, in addition to the usual challenges of sinew and might.
- At the gamemaster's option, the story can extend into the Outer Planes and transport the PCs to an off-world adventure.
The Exfiltrators is an adventure module for experienced gamemasters.
The writing, interior art, and layout are 100% complete. All that remains is to add the maps to the back of the book, commission the cover art, and package the book as a print-ready PDF.
Here's a great example of some original, old-school art:
The Exfiltrators is fully compatible with First Edition and Second Edition, and it's easily converted to Swords & Wizardry, OSRIC, and most other OSR rules sets. Here's a sample stat block:
1. Cover art from OSR artist Eugene Jaworski: http://eugenejaworski.wixsite.com/gallery
2. Cartography (converting hand-rendered maps to professional drawings)
3. Title design and PDF packaging by graphic designer Carl Hulsey: http://cargocollective.com/carlhulsey
If the project reaches $1000 in funding, all backers receive a free PDF copy of the 168-page Western RPG Print the Legend. Learn more at http://www.print-the-legend.com
Risks and challenges
THE EXFILTRATORS is a playtested and polished adventure scenario. The writing, editing, and interior art are already 100% complete, so there is no risk that it won’t get finished. It’s already done! We’ve set our pricing goal to provide for cover art, cartography, and a professional who will make the files print-ready, and also to cover the percentage claimed by Kickstarter. This means that if we meet our funding goal, you’ll receive your game very quickly, as almost all of the work is complete.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)