About this project
What is Trigger Happy?
Trigger Happy is a patent-pending camera remote to control your DSLR or high-end point-and-shoot camera with an iOS or Android device.
Trigger Happy consists of:
- Trigger Happy Unit - A cable with a very small, embedded signal processor that connects your camera to your phone.
- Trigger Happy App - For your smart phone.
See our website for supported devices.
Where can I buy Trigger Happy?
Trigger Happy is available from our website. Buy your Trigger Happy camera remote here. Our Kickstarter backers will receive Trigger Happy before any other customers.
A HUGE thank you to all of our Kickstarter backers! We're shocked by the overwhelming response and thrilled to have the funding we need to create an outstanding product.
"This is awesome, off to order one." - Robert Scoble, Scobleizer.com
"TriggerHappy is brilliant! Remote tether for your dSLR to iPhone/Android! Bought mine. :)" - Don MacAskill, CEO of SmugMug, Inc.
"Canon people should go nuts because they don't really have a great interval timing solution. And it is an easier menu than the Nikon interval timer I already use with a few extra features." - Scott Jarvie, JarvieDigital
Receive TriggerHappy with a pledge of $50 or more.
You get the TriggerHappy Unit that connects your smart phone to your camera and access to the TriggerHappy App in the Apple App Store and Android Market.
The TriggerHappy App includes:
- Simple camera trigger
- Bulb functionality for long exposures.
- Time-lapse mode. A complete intervalometer. Shoot time lapses with HDR and bramping too. See below.
- HDR mode. Bracketing is varied by changing the shutter speed.
- Bramping aka bulb ramping can be used when shooting time-lapses from day to night, etc. It works by changing the exposure over time provide smooth transitions for varying light.
Learn more about these features and more here.
Information about supported cameras and smart phones is provided here.
Who are we?
The TriggerHappy Team from left to right
Kevin Harrington - The chief geek. His Software Engineering background helps to bring you the TriggerHappy application that runs on iOS and Android devices. Whatever you want in a camera remote, he'll make it happen.
Luke Duffield - Our Mechanical Engineer who ensures that the TriggerHappy Unit is a tough device that will connect with your camera. Luke dedicates his time to overseeing the TriggerHappy manufacturing.
Brett Gottula - The Electrical Engineering genius who has mastered the communication between phones and cameras with the circuit embedded in the TriggerHappy Unit.
Have questions? We have answers.
Support this project
- (60 days)