inlight - sensor LED lamp
inlight - sensor LED lamp
Motion-sensing technology with a 120-degree sensor, coupled together with a light-sensing function and an automatic switch.
Motion-sensing technology with a 120-degree sensor, coupled together with a light-sensing function and an automatic switch. Read more
About this project
Gone are the days of searching endlessly to find something. The new inlight is the “refrigerator light” for everywhere. It automatically turns on when you need it and off when you don’t. It detects the surrounding and “knows” when it’s dark or bright. You can charge it with a mini USB and it will "switch" more than 700 times unil you need to recharge it.
We have been improving the inlight for the past 3 years. Our goal was to create a bright, warm, long lasting light, that turns on automatically. We also wanted to the product to be sturdy and mountable. We explored mounting the inlight on rings, strings, and hooks, but we finally settled on a magnetic connection. The inlight comes with a metal coins which can be glued on wood, glas and any other non metal surface.
- We designed a completely new switch that motion and scans the surrounding light. The light remains deactivated if it detects light, and it turns on automatically when darkness is detected. The inlight fully operates without any switches cables, strings, touching, or pulling.
- We don’t like to open cases and change batteries – that’s why the inlight is easy to recharge – a mini USB will do. There are no batteries to change, which means the case never needs to be opened.
- The new inlight is a bright but warm lamp. The 4 ultra-bright LEDs will shine even in the deepest, darkest corners. We also used a warm light temperature of 2700 kelvin, so you don’t get smashed.
- We built the Inlight small enough to fit in tiny spaces but also large enough to reflect enough create bright, clear, adequate lighting. The LEDs need use very little energy, and the Inlight is long lasting. A thirty minute charge can power the Inlight for up to 700 flips of the switch.
The inlight will be delivered in a - special kickstarter edition - box.
Your generous funding will help us fill orders and fully realize our business concept. It will assist us with the cost of further development, manufacturing, and production. More importantly, you get the chance to be one of the first users of the Inlight. We will also use your funding to test our concept. We are committed to continuous improvement because we always want to give our customers the best possible product.
We ship worldwide for 6€. In most cases we use the national mailsystem. It takes usually 5 to 7 days for a box to be delivered to your house. In some cases it will take a little longer. We will inform you about this. We pack our goods carefully in a showcase - and chart board box. The size of a single inlight delivery box is 12x12x5 cm.
Q: How does the inlight turn on?
A: The inlight has a built in motion detector and a light sensor. When it’s dark enough and something moves (like a drawer, a door, or a child that walks by) the inlight will turn on.
Q: Will the inlight stay on when I close my drawer?
A: The inlight has a built in timer, which turns the light off after 30 seconds.
Q: What if I want the light to stay on longer, for example as a reading light?
A: You can switch the inlight to „permanent .“ In this case the inlight will stay on for about 6 hours. After this, you have to recharge it.
Q: How long do I need to charge the inlight?
A: It depends on whether you use your computer or a power outlet. Usually it takes about 90 minutes until the inlight is fully charged.
Q: How do I know if the inlight is fully charged?
A: A green light will shine after the inlight is fully charged. A red light will stay on, as long as the inlight needs to be charged.
Q: Can I leave the light on, while I charge it?
A: The inlight needs to be turned off, while it’s being charged.
Q: I have a wooden closet, how can I mount the inlight with the magnet?
A: The inlight will be delivered with a small metal coin on a self adhesive tape. You can glue the coin anywhere and stick the Inlight on the coin with the magnet.
Q:Can I use the inlight for a nightlight?
A: The inlight turns on when it‘s dark around and something is moving. It doesn’t need to be a drawer or a closet. It also works if you walk by.
Q: Will the inlight be bright enough to light up a whole room?
A: The inlight is bright, but it was designed to shine in smaller spaces. If the room isn’t very small, the inlight is not bright enough
Q: What about a camping in- light?
A: The inlight is mainly designed to use indoor (Hence, the name in-light). The inlight shouldn’t get wet, so if you want to use it while outdoors and camping – be careful that it doesn’t get to wet.
The inlight wouldn’t have been possible without the work of the dedicated team of people that have helped me along the way. I started this project many years ago, so I’m very knowledgeable about my product. You can ask me about the colors, the pictures and even about the pen in the movie.
For delivery and manufacturing, I rely on the expertise of Nicole Chan. She has been on my side for over 10 years. My wife, Laura, oversees deliveries. She is the best administrator I know. Fabian and Clemens are responsible for pictures and videos. We have worked on several projects together, and look forward to many more to come. Thanks to the hard work of my amazing team, I am free to do creative work.
Risks and challenges
1. About Us: We are a design firm, based in Vienna, Austria. We have been on the market for over 20 years and have created unique items, including the Info Screens for the International Airport.
2. The product: The first Inlight was introduced 2005. It had a different switch and only one LED lamp. Since then, we’ve improved the product based on feedback from our customers. We designed many different shapes and tried plenty of different functions. We believe that we have created a durable, quality product, and we are still constantly looking for ways to enhance it even more.
3. Testing: We tested many prototypes and guarantee a well working item. The product has been through all the required tests for electronics and is certified.
4. Manufacturing: We have a reliable partnership with a trustworthy manufacturer who has produced electronics for the last 20 years. The factory has all certificates and meets the international required standards. Their experience helped us very much during the design process.
5. Shipment: We ship for 6€ worldwide. We have partners in the USA, Germany, Asia and Ireland who are physically shipping our inlight.
6. Remaining risks are:
• Buying raw material and packaging from suppliers which might be delivered too late or will not fulfill our desired quality standards
• Delay of the production process by overutilization due to high demand or machine failure
• Delay in anodizing at out fulfillment partner
• Shipping itself
Support this project
- (30 days)