About this project
- Become a Follower Of The Pandorics by checking out our website.
- SHARE this project with the links above (directly below the video)
- You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
The $200 level includes the custom made clamshell case
For the $50 level a set of origami Pandorics have been added
At the $150 level receive the DVD
Portfolio of the Damned, a compilation of the Pandorics animated in 3D
A beautiful addition to the Magnum Opus with animated menus.
The mystery of the Pandorics unfolding before your eyes.
And a handsome DVD case with an insert of the Toy Maker.
Something special! $150 Act 1 will be rewarded as the Foil Version!
We were saving this little gem to spring on everyone towards the end when we reach our target goal as an added bonus. From the amount of mail and your enthusiasm, we have decided to unlock this earlier.
Being our first kickstarter we did not take into account how to add this bonus when unlocked. We'll do better next time,.
We have added this new bonus below in the "Backer Incentives" area where you can see the new upgrades starting at $150 and up.
Thank you all for your continued support.
A Pandoric is a beautifully intricate puzzle constructed from Gopher wood, Bastard Gold, Brass, Silver, Copper. and Alchemy. The meaning of a Pandoric is lost in translation from it's original Babylonian, and can mean; prison, lock, key, or all depending on it's use in context.
When solved, they open a gateway. The contemporary definition of a Pandoric is used to describe a puzzle that uses human interaction as part of the solution to open an gateway between this world and the next. Sometimes to Heaven. Sometimes Hell. Sometimes there are worse alternatives...
There have been countless Toy Maker's throughout the dark and secret history of mankind that goes on all around us everyday. One of the most infamous Toy Maker's was Philippe August René LeMarchand, A very elusive figure who lived in eighteen century Paris and rose to great heights among the aristocracy for his Pandoric puzzle boxes.
The accounts of his life vary depending on who is writing the history. He is rumored to have been working for both Heaven and Hell, walking a fine line and being adept at playing one side against the other to restore the unholy balance that shelters man in the middle. LeMarchand is part of a very long lineage of Toy Maker's who have populated the world with Pandorics for reasons only known to them.
Everything has it's reason in the grand scheme of things and the machinations and inspirations of the Toy Maker's are a complex tale to tell...
My creation of the name Pandorics, research and development has amassed a staggeringly large body of artwork, stories, sculptures, digital, printed material, and animations...
Always wanting to take it to the next level I compiled the current work into an Art/Technical manual and split it into three "Acts"
Why three? Because one complete volume would be over three inches thick and weight about five pounds.
Dividing it into to three acts gave room to really showcase the artwork for 18 Pandorics in each Act without detracting from or overcrowding it with information. The book reads like a very old world codex that begs to be deciphered with all the mysteries that are hidden in plane site.
There are 18 Pandorics in this Act:
- The Jeremiad Enigma
- The Mason’s Keystone
- The Elysian Tetra Morph
- The Pandemonium Arrangement
- The Maleficus Consecutia
- Euophoria’s Pathway
- The Sanguine Apotheosis
- The Orpheus Contract
- The Promethus Trap
- Permutations of the Labyrinth
- Ezekiel’s Vision
- The Killer Instinct
- The Hateful Sequence
- The Necromancer’s Avatar
- The Awakening Virgin
- Lemur’s Agonizing Touch
- The Perplexed Scholar
- Prayer’s of Gehenna
Each Pandoric is laid out with:
- A title page that has a stylized tab inscribed with a glyph
- A double art page showing one of the panels in solved and unsolved states
- Vellum overlays for those pages with schematic diagrams
- A double art page showing all six panels of the Pandoric
- Vellum overlays for these with details of each panel
- And at the end of each Pandoric is the "Guardian" who answers the summons to the solved equation
Each foiled art panel for has been resized to 3 inches for more clarity and detail. There are vellum overlays to protect and keep the art and diagrams separate so the work remains a thing of beauty. There are hidden clues, often in plain sight fill this book…
- The cover is a cast metallic resin designed like a wax seal impression. It is then treated with a chemical patina instead of paint and sealed with lacquer to protect it. This gives it an ancient rustic feel, and using resin makes it extremely durable.
- The book has Satin ties finished with end clasps to tie and keep it from prying eyes.
- The spine is hot foil stamped with the title.
- Each edition is signed & numbered by the author.
- The pages are printed on a toothed yellow Parchment paper.
- Heavy Vellum is used for overlays. This is a unique feature adding to the books finish. When the vellum is placed over the foils, the reaction makes them "light up" making the work truly "illuminated".
- The book is hand stitched rather than glued.
- The inside cover of the book is finished with marbleized Skeleton end papers. The inner edges near the stitching are scalloped along the edges. And the corners on each inner cover are notched with decorative miters.
- A full size portrait of the Toy Maker, Philippe LeMarchand.
- Each title page includes a velvet tab inscribed with a glyph.
When I decided to create this book, I took the time and learned techniques how to physically make a book. This was fun, time consuming, and labor intensive. The time required to produce just one is exhausting.
This kickstart will fund specific aspects of production that require a skill level I cannot match.
This will greatly improve it starting with the title foil stamped on the spine. The project cost breaks down to covers, binding, parchment, vellum, resins, various materials, and high end foils that illuminate each edition.
Professional binding will strengthen the interior, improve the lifespan, and give clean consistency. The foils are increased to three inches square for each panel. This really brings out the details in each design.
The books are still hand assembled and finished. They have an interior page that is signed and numbered by the author. Every detail has been refined and polished.
Now I want to raise the bar even more. And this is the perfect way to start the line making this a "collectable for the collector" and a benchmark item of quality.
This will be the first of many, many wondrous projects to be offered by the Followers of the Pandorics.
Pandoric reproductions, books, sculptures, etc...(featured below are cad renders of upcoming work)
In tme, with enough support we hope to be able to produce movable Pandorics Puzzles. All that is required is your interest and a little bit of technology to produce these.
We want to produce this book at the level it deserves, and have it become the standard of excellence we adhere to.
So get involved, show us your support, spread the word...as we are fond of saying, "find us, friend us, follow us."
February 25th, we have reached 38% funding with just under 5 weeks to go.
February 29th, we are at 57% funding. With 29 days to go we have unlocked a bonus that we were holding off until the end.
For a backing of $150 you can now get the Foiled Version of Act 1!!!
We have a nice assortment of extras that the closer we come to reaching our goals and surpassing them will be announced.
Once we pass our goal, extra kickstarter content will be made available.
Risks and challenges
The book is complete and needs backing to launch the first of many cool toys and collectables. To date, financing for limited runs have been out of pocket. This is a great opportunity to produce the entire run, get people excited, involved, and get some press if we do this right. It's a chance for people to own a really rare piece of art while the company gets established. We have ridiculously high standards and when faced with quantity versus quality...do it right or not at all.
We reach our goal...Act 1 becomes available at a level we haven't been able to achieved yet.
We don't reach our goal...it will delay the production of this and the other two Acts.
Support this project
- (45 days)