About this project
What we're doing:
We've been creating and collecting 'flexible' recipes that can be made two ways-- for a vegetarian or a carnivore. Now we're in the testing phase. Each of our recipes goes through a rigorous 4-5 rounds of testing with our volunteer Test Chefs, who help refine and perfect each recipe.
Meanwhile, our rockstar designer, Ash, is working on the layout to ensure that the recipes are fun and easy to read.
Things are moving fast, and we plan on publishing by the summer.
Why we need your money:
We don't mind putting sweat equity into this book, but we don't have funds to run our first print batch. Our labor is cheap (actually, it's free), but printing is expensive!
More about our recipes:
- Flexible to please both carnivores and vegetarians.
- Unexpected and unique, combining multiple flavors to maximize palatableness.
- From around the world, but with California flair.
- Accessible and straight-forward.
- Crab or Zucchini Lettuce Wraps with Pear, Avocado and Lemon Terragon Dressing
- Pan-Fried Chickpea, Sweet Yellow Onion and Pomegranate Salad With or Without Duck Confit
- Truffled Taleggio and Mushroom Pizza With or Without Bacon
- Garlic Soba with Spinach and Tofu of Beef
- Polenta and Red Pepper Ragoût with Chicken or Seitan
- White Bean & Spinach Soup With or Without Chicken Sausage
What is a flexitarian?
A flexitarian is a semi-vegetarian diet focusing on vegetarian food with occasional meat consumption. It is a modern compromise for having a healthy, plant-centric diet, without fully eliminating or denying meat consumption.
Who are we?
A group of volunteers including a meat-loving chef, a vegan chef, a raw-food chef, a designer, a writer, and an intern. We're all volunteering our time for this project, and donating 100% of the proceeds to two non-profits (Slow Food USA and Yoga Bear)
Support this project
- (88 days)