Gyro Caddy - The Coffee Cup Holder for Travelers (Canceled)
Gyro Caddy - The Coffee Cup Holder for Travelers (Canceled)
Travel hands-free with Gyro Caddy, the easy-to-use cup-holder that hooks on to your carry-on luggage and keeps your drink upright.
Travel hands-free with Gyro Caddy, the easy-to-use cup-holder that hooks on to your carry-on luggage and keeps your drink upright. Read more
If you’re like us, you’ve probably tried to pull your luggage, and hold on to your coffee, phone, boarding pass, or magazine while you’re rushing through the airport — all without dropping or spilling anything!
As frequent travelers, we have seen and experienced this scenario all too often, and knew there had to be a solution. After many months of brainstorming, prototyping and refining, we have come up with the perfect solution - Gyro Caddy.
Gyro Caddy allows you to travel hands-free with your coffee or drink while traveling!
Gyro Caddy is simple and easy to use!
Keep it in the front pocket of your carry-on luggage and take it out when you have a drink that needs carrying.
Unhook Gyro Caddy, wrap it around your luggage’s handle, and hook Gyro Caddy back on.
Put your drink inside and you’re ready to go!
We have tested Gyro Caddy with cups in various sizes from multiple vendors. We’re confident that your coffee or drink will stay secure even while you’re moving from one end of the terminal to the other!
We've created an optional clip (included with each Gyro Caddy) that allows you to attach it to your upright airline tray table once you get to your seat.
We're even hard at work on additional clips that will allow you to clip Gyro Caddy to bicycles, strollers, cars, and more! Once we reach our initial funding goal of $35,000, we will be able to release additional information.
"About a month ago, I was late for a flight. That didn’t stop me, though, from making a stop at Starbucks before I reached my gate. However, as I ran to make my plane, coffee cup in hand, I ended up with said Starbucks all over my shirt. I vowed never to run with hot coffee in my hand again — then I learned about Gyro Caddy."
- Jessica F (via USA Today's Road Warrior Voices)
"My friend Gregory Berg and his family have a dream. It's a dream where coffee and carry-on luggage live in spill-free harmony. You can support their dream and have safe transport for your caffeine - the most precious cargo of all. Check it out!"
- Mary K (via Facebook)
"How many times do you bring a drink on the plane and then try and shove it in the pouch in front of you because you have to leave the tray table up? All the time!"
- Jane R (via Facebook)
"The Gyro Caddy hooks onto your rolling luggage and then you don't have to worry about spilling your drink or, if you are like me, setting it down some where and forgetting about it."
- Annie F (via Facebook)
Check out Gyro Caddy in Road Warrior Voices, a subset of USA Today, and click here or the image below to read the article in full:
Stay connected with Gyro Caddy online:
The basic designs for Gyro Caddy were created with a computer CAD model.
The designs were then tested by making a number of variations on '3D printers'.
After researching production options, we believe all of the Gyro Caddy parts may be made of injected mold plastic. And depending on the manufacturer's mold size, only a few molds may be required.
Once the molds are made, thousands of parts can be produced. If successful, our Kickstarter campaign will help fund this process.
Estimated Production Timeline:
August/September: Crowdfund on Kickstarter
September: Receive Kickstarter funds
October/November: Production begins
November/December: We start shipping Gyro Caddy to you - making it a perfect holiday gift!
Shipping costs will be calculated at checkout
Our team has been hard at work testing and perfecting Gyro Caddy and we are looking forward to finally bringing it to market! Your support will help us:
- Meet minimum requirements needed to place orders with our manufacturers.
- Fund the production of the die, which is necessary to produce large quantities.
- Protect Gyro Caddy patents and trademarks that set Gyro Caddy apart from the rest.
- Develop improvements and additional accessories that will make Gyro Caddy even more versatile and useful.
- Launch a brand-new company that is dedicated to providing easy-to-use, innovative products that make your life easier!
Why should you support Gyro Caddy on Kickstarter today?
- You’ll be the first to own Gyro Caddy! Gyro Caddy has never been seen anywhere else. Be one of the first in the world to travel hands-free with ease!
- You’ll save money! Our early bird pricing is exclusive to Kickstarter only.
- You’ll be a part of our Founders Club! We’re looking forward to building a community of smart, savvy, travelers who love coffee and convenience. We’ll share exclusive updates with our Kickstarter backers, as well as make specials and offers available only to you!
- You’ll make a difference! We’re creating a brand-new company, and we can only do it with your help! If we're successful, we'll have the resources to launch a fully-functioning online store, and distribute Gyro Caddy at home in the United States and abroad.
Don Berg, Inventor & Founder: Gyro Caddy is the brainchild of Don Berg. While traveling, he realized it was extremely difficult to carry his coffee, something to eat, and a recently-purchased magazine all while rushing through the airport or boarding the plane. After noticing that many other travelers had this same problem — one woman even spilled her coffee on the floor — it became obvious that a solution was necessary.
Don began working on the invention and recruited his family to help him make Gyro Caddy a reality. It is truly a family affair.
Other members of the Gyro Caddy team include:
Gregory Berg - Media and Marketing
Ryan Berg - Creative Director
Kristin (Berg) Roland - model
Justine Dolorfino - Online Marketing Manager
Peter McConnell, Joe Moreno and Marc Chew - advisors
Risks and challenges
When manufacturing products that require injection molds, slight delays are possible, which could affect the start of production.
To overcome this challenge, we will be open and honest, and communicate all delays to our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)