Opus Affair celebrates its fourth birthday in May and we're marking the occasion by announcing our biggest project yet. A project so big, we could only imagine calling it...
From the first days of Opus Affair, we've wanted to throw a huge party to unite all of the young professional arts programs in Boston. Now that we're turning four years old, the time has finally come.
Opus Affair and Eastern Standard are throwing a city-wide arts cocktail party like Boston has never seen. We’re celebrating arts organizations that make our city a better place for young artists and for young professionals who love the arts—and we're throwing our biggest party ever to do it!
On Sunday, July 15th, from 1-5pm, Eastern Standard will transform in its entirety into a 1920s, Gatsby-style lawn party, complete with live music, thematic party games, and plenty of surprises: play croquet on the patio, pose for photos in the art gallery, watch some silent short films while sipping cocktails...it goes on from there.
How do I get tickets?
Tickets go on sale to the general public on June 4th, but Kickstarter donors can get them now. Pledge $75 (or more) and a ticket is yours. Take a look at the reward categories to right for the specific rewards at each donation tier.
What if I don't know if I'll be in town on July 15 yet?
That's ok, you can select a reward tier that includes SALON tickets and/or A-LIST membership—they aren't tied to one specific date. You can also donate at a lower level and increase your pledge at a later time between now and June 3rd.
Why a Kickstarter?
We could start selling tickets tomorrow, like any other event, but we wanted to launch this project with a little more gusto. We want to be all in for this one. Our Kickstarter will raise funds for the thematic elements of the party: games, musicians, design, and event planning staff time. Our supporters on Kickstarter will get tickets before we open up sales to the general public on June 4th.
What arts organizations are involved?
We're excited to feature the following organizations who are making Boston a better place to be a young artist or art fan:
- Boston Ballet (Young Partners)
- Handel and Haydn Society (H2)
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (Young Patrons)
- Museum of Fine Arts (Museum Council)
- Huntington Theatre (35 Below)
What about my favorite arts organization?
If you think there's another arts organization that's reaching out to young professionals in Boston, then let us know in the comments when you donate. To make sure your favorite organization gets featured, take a look at our reward levels and claim a spot on the host committee or dedicate a game to them.
What kind of games and activities are you going to have?
We don't want to give away all of the surprises yet. You can count on some fun, straight-forward things like croquet or ring toss...but we've got some other secrets up our sleeves, too. Based on our recent obsession with helping other causes through our Punch Bowl Fund and organizing chamber music salons...you can take some solid guesses.
What are the rewards?
- SALON CONCERT: Live music, food, and drink...the essentials in life. Opus Affair organize 4-8 of these concerts per year. Everyone loves a house party with a string quartet, right?
- A-LIST: Early access to ticket sales or limited edition discounts, give-aways, or other offers that come through Opus Affair. Guaranteed invitation to several A-list-only salon concerts and other private events. In short...there is no fear of missing out on anything. If Opus Affair is involved, you'll be in the know.
- THE BIG PARTY TICKETS: Tickets to The Big Party go on sale to the general public on June 4th, but donors to our Kickstarter campaign can get tickets before everyone else. Donate at the $75 level or higher and you can get tickets to the main event. Admission includes food, drink, games, music, etc.
- JOIN THE HOST COMMITTEE: Join the elite cadre of party aficionados who will help craft the details of the event. You'll know everything there is to know about the party—and have a voice in shaping it.
- DEDICATE A GAME/ACTIVITY STATION: We'll have game and activity stations spread all around Eastern Standard during The Big Party. You can have one dedicated to your company or your favorite organization (like Acme Widget Croquet Course or The Littlest Ballet Company Prize Wheel). You can determine the game itself or seek the aide of our trained professionals.
And most importantly, you all get the warm-fuzzy feeling of knowing you're supporting the continued growth of Opus Affair in our effort to connect fantastic arts happenings throughout the city.
For other sponsorship opportunities not included in the above rewards, contact email@example.com.
What's Opus Affair?
Have you really read this far without knowing what Opus Affair is? Impressive. We're a community of young professionals interested in the arts in Boston, composed of artists of all sorts, behind-the-scenes arts pros, and art fans. We throw cocktail parties, raise money for arts organizations, connect artists with other artists and art fans, produce concerts, and do everything we can to keep Boston vibrant for art fans in their 20s and 30s. All of that, plus we're a 501(c)3 non-profit. Read all about us at www.opusaffair.org.
Why Eastern Standard?
We couldn't imagine a better partner for this event than Eastern Standard Kitchen and Drinks. Not only is ES the birthplace of Opus Affair, but they approach their craft cocktails with the same balance of historical reverence and contemporary creativity that many of us apply to music, dance, theater, and visual arts. It also doesn't hurt that many of their staff have secret lives as musicians, artists, and arts supporters. And did I mention they know how to throw a killer theme party? If you don't already know them, learn more here: www.easternstandardboston.com (then get up from your computer and go there for a drink).
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)