Greater Than Games is raising money to make Shattered Timelines, the third expansion to our award-winning cooperative comic-book themed card game, Sentinels of the Multiverse! We've had most of the characters and decks from this expansion in mind from the very beginning, and we are thrilled to finally be bringing them to the game! Like our earlier expansions, Shattered Timelines will include 4 new villains, 2 new heroes, and 2 new environments. In addition, if we overfund, we have some exciting stretch rewards planned (more about that below).
A la Carte Items
The rewards we've posted for this project cover most of the common bundles we anticipate people wanting. However, people are free to mix and match all sorts of items with their pledge, or add other items. Below we have the "a la carte" prices for all of the items that we sell which you can add to your pledge. Please note that the out of print promo cards (Wraith, Fanatic, Ra, Omnitron and Baron Blade) are NOT available a la carte. If you are interested in any of these promo cards, please pledge at one of the three reward tiers that include them (ADDITIONAL ALLIES, MAXIMUM COMPLETION, and EVERYTHING EVER).
You can add extra copies of each of the Stretch Reward items, too!
Funding and Stretch Rewards
Our project goal is $20K. For that amount, we will be able to do a limited print run of Shattered Timelines and ship it out to all of our Kickstarter backers. As we have done in the past, we will also print up 3 art prints from this new expansion and send them to all backers by way of thanks. However, if we overfund, that will allow us to print a full print run of the game and make it available in stores like our other games. Because we'd really love to do so, we have come up with some thrilling stretch rewards for you! If we reach the specified amount, all backers will be sent the associated reward at no extra charge.
NOTE: The Vengeance Mega-Expansion is *not* free; it is a $40 a la carte add-on. All other stretch rewards will still be free to all backers.
- 20k - Funded! Good job, everyone!
- 30k - A promo hero character card: Dark Visionary!
- 40k - A pack of *six* hero character cards! The Freedom Six!
- 50k - Shattered Timelines Oversized Villain Cards!
- 60k - Promo Villain: The Assistant!
- 70k - Promo Tokens: Including new Start/End of Turn Tokens!*
- 80k - Promo Environment: Silver Gulch, 1883!
- 90k - Super Secret Reprinting of Oversized Cards that had Typos!
- 100k - Promo Hero: The Scholar
- 125k - Promo hero character card: The Eternal Haka!
- 150k - Vengeance Expansion and America's Greatest Legacy!
- 175k - Promo Environment: The Final Wasteland!
*The Promo Token Pack will consist of 2 sheets of tokens (the same size as are found in Enhanced Edition). One sheet will be more round HP tokens (1's, 5's and 10's), and the other will be more rectangular status tokens, including more Damage Dealt +/-, Damage Taken +/- and fifteen of the new "Start of Turn"/"End of Turn" effect tokens.
International shipping is the bane of our existence here at Greater Than Games. Pretty much everything about it fills us with sorrow, with the notable exception of getting our games into gamers' hands! For our last Kickstarter campaign, we charged an extra $25 per pledge for international backers, an amount that we felt was pretty ridiculous but necessary to cover our shipping expenses. Well, it turned out that, while it might have been ridiculous, it came nowhere near to covering the cost of international shipping. In fact, we wound up spending a lot more money to ship out the international rewards than the domestic rewards, in spite of the fact that international backers were only about 10% of our backers. A LOT more...
From a purely accounting perspective, it is foolish for us to continue to offer rewards to international backers. Financially speaking, we would be better off setting a game on fire than sending it overseas. However, we absolutely love our international fans, and it would make us (and probably you guys as well) extremely sad if we limited backer rewards to US addresses. To that end, we have several things that we are going to try with this Kickstarter campaign:
- North American backers outside the United States (mostly Canada and Mexico) will need to add $15 to their pledges to cover shipping.
- Other International backers (anyone outside of North America) will need to add $40 to their pledges to cover shipping.
- We have heard that some people have had luck using package forwarders with Kickstarter, such as myus.com. We have never used such a thing and have no idea how legit it is, but it may well allow our international fans to save some money on shipping, so we figured we'd mention it.
- NEW OPTION! For no additional cost, you can pick up your games and rewards at either PAX Austrailia 2013 or Essen 2013. We are not doing convention pickup for any other show, as it is more costly and a significant hassle, however, we are willing to do so for those two shows in order to help offset the steep international shipping costs.
These new international shipping fees, even though we recognize that they are pretty ridiculous, will by no means cover all of the international shipping + customs charges from international backers, but we hope that they will at least allow us to not lose money on international rewards. We shall see - sorry for any inconvenience.
Risks and challenges
Historically, we have been bad at anticipating the costs associated with producing the products we are funding with Kickstarter. Fortunately for us, we have super amazing fans and our past projects have overfunded, so we have been able to cover those costs. With this campaign, however, we are attempting to be much more careful, including planning out our stretch rewards from the get-go so that we can work those production costs into our budget. We have also altered our international shipping fees again, as we discussed above.
Another perennial issue that we have faced has been with the printer, both in terms of extra, unanticipated production time, and in terms of quality control issues with production. We are actively working with our printer this time around to improve the quality control processes in their factory, and have also built into our production schedule a lot more time so that we have some wiggle room in case there are more typhoons or other unanticipated shipping delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)