More Shipping Progress Details
As of today, we have shipped out approximately 80% of US orders, 75% of Canadian orders, and 90% of Australian orders. We just got word that the final four containers are scheduled to arrive at our warehouse starting on Monday, at which point we will ship out all of the rest of the orders. We anticipate that process taking about two more weeks once we receive the containers. A few more detailed notes about this process:
1) Signed orders have not yet gone out. However, they will begin going out tomorrow and should all be sent by the end of next week. We apologize for how long this has taken; there are a *ton* of products in each ship out, and we definitely underestimated how long it would take us to sign everything. That is entirely our fault, and we feel very bad about it. We will never offer a "signed" level on a Kickstarter again; it is just too much trouble to be worth it.
2) Canadian orders have gone out, but their labels will not become active in the FedEx Canada system until next week. The way our shipping process to Canada works is that we first freight the parcels to Toronto, at which point the pallets are broken down and the individual labels are scanned. The labels don't become active until that happens in Toronto.
3) Replacement parts for damaged or missing items will be sent out as soon as the main Kickstarter fulfillment process has ended. We anticipate that process taking a month or so on its own. I will post another update when that process begins, and then another when it ends. If you have sent an email about an issue to email@example.com, you might not hear a response due to the volume of emails we are going through. However, you will still get your replacements! If you still haven't heard back or gotten stuff after I post the "All Replacements Have Been Sent" email in late September, then definitely email us again and you'll hear back :)
4) For people with address updates, it is too late to change your delivery address. If you emailed us before July 21st, as mentioned in Update #62, and we didn't update your address, that is our error and we will definitely re-ship your items! If you did not update your address before that deadline, we are happy to re-ship your order after main Kickstarter fulfillment has ended, but we will first have to charge you shipping for the new shipment.
5) The fulfillment order of this Kickstarter has been a source of concern for some backers. I tried to explain it as accurately as possible before we started receiving, but I clearly didn't do as good of a job as I could have, so here goes!
The campaign is not being fulfilled in literally, exactly backer number order. This is because attempting to do so would require us to switch the type of order we are packing almost constantly, and would make the ship out take, realistically, around 3 or 4 times as long as it is now taking.
Instead, what we are doing is shipping out groupings of identical orders together all at once. We are doing this as various piles of identical orders arrive in cargo containers from the factory. However, WITHIN each of these piles of identical orders, we are sorting by backer number.
As we go through this process, we are beholden to the order in which the containers show up at our warehouse. This is affected both by the order in which the factory sent out containers (which we had some control over, but which was not done exactly as we intended), as well as the order in which the trucking company delivers the containers from the rail yard to our loading dock.
I hope that helps explain a bit more the order in which we are doing things! The short version is that we are shipping things out in the most efficient way possible, and any time there is a situation where the order of a given group of backers does not affect efficiency, we are sorting by backer number.
The end is in sight for this project! Thank you for bearing with us through this painfully time consuming process!