Wow! We are funded already, and then some!
We have added a number of stretch rewards to the Kickstarter campaign, and some have already been achieved. This handy graph shows our progress:
Stretch Rewards Currently Available
Thanks to all of the awesome backers on this project, everyone who pledges at least $20 will get a bunch of cool free stuff once the campaign is over. To date, this list includes:
- Ra: Horus of Two Horizons promo hero character card
- Redeemer Fanatic promo hero character card
- alternate Omnitron promo villain character cards
- alternate Baron Blade promo villain character cards
- 3 Infernal Relics art prints
- 3 Enhanced Edition art prints
- Freedom Four Annual #1 pdf comic book
- Ambuscade Villain Deck mini expansion (27 cards)
- Oversized Cards for all the Villains!
Coming up, we have some other cool free stuff that people might get (if we get enough pledges):
- $120k - a free promo environment!
- $150k - a super secret stretch reward!
In addition, anyone can add money to their base pledge amount for some other cool stuff:
- $5 - Unity hero deck mini expansion (41 cards)
- $10 - Upgrade of the core game
- $15 - out of print Promo Cards (Young Legacy and Rook City Wraith)
- $20 - Rook City Tshirt
- $45 - become a SotM playtester
- $50 - Vinyl Playmat
Hopefully that helps clear things up!
Concise Summary of this Campaign for Those in a Hurry
Greater Than Games is raising money to release a second expansion to our award-winning cooperative comic-book themed card game, Sentinels of the Multiverse, called Infernal Relics! This time around, we co-designed it with Richard Launius, designer of Arkham Horror, Elder Sign, Defenders of the Realm, and other great board games!
We are also releasing an Enhanced Edition of Sentinels of the Multiverse, with updates and improvements which solve 99% of the issues people had with the original game, including:
- A larger box with space to store all of the core game PLUS *BOTH* expansions
- Counter tokens for keeping track of HP and damage modifiers
- Villains balanced for the number of heroes in the game using the (H) mechanic (as implemented in the Rook City expansion)
- Unique art for all of the environment cards
- Thicker cardstock for all of the cards
- And more!!
We have performed more complex calculations on international shipping since our last Kickstarter (when international shipping cost us a ton more than we expected). For any Canadian backers, we ask that you add $10 to your pledge, and for any backers from neither the US nor Canada, we ask that you add $25. Sorry about the high prices - it costs an arm and a leg and also other body parts that we'd rather keep to ship overseas! Believe us, we are as grumpy about it as you are :(
Why an Enhanced Edition AND another expansion?
Since Sentinels of the Multiverse was launched last August at Gen Con, we have enjoyed a fantastic reception in the board gaming community. The core game was listed #1 on Tom Vasel's list of "Top 30 games to look out for from Gen Con 2011", and awarded Game of the Year by Drew "GeekInsight" Massey at Giant Fire Breathing Robot. As a consequence, the core game is entirely sold out! We also released our first expansion, Rook City, this spring after a successful Kickstarter last fall, and it too has been well received.
We were able to get a much higher quality box and card stock for Rook City than we had in the initial Sentinels of the Multiverse print run. Since it is time to reprint the core game anyway, we are taking this opportunity to bring the production quality up to the level all Sentinels fans deserve, including improvements listed above.
We are also excited to continue expanding the universe of Sentinels Comics, and even after Rook City we have heard from many fans that they are eager for more. For Sentinels of the Multiverse: Infernal Relics, we were lucky enough to be able to work with one of the pioneers of the American cooperative board gaming industry, Richard Launius, who designed Arkham Horror in the 1980s and continues to be a force in the board gaming industry to this day. We feel that, with his help, we were able to grow the Sentinels universe in a truly exciting way, both in terms of game play and story.