This project's funding goal was not reached on September 19, 2013.
About this project
Read what others are saying...
"I'm digging this case -YouTube Review" - Larry GreenBerg
"If you’ve been looking for a case with an innovative holster element this might be the one for you" - Run Around Tech
"This holster and bumper case seems like a snap to use. Even backflips won't send your iPhone flying" - CNET
"iPhone Quick-Draw Holster Features Best Kickstarter Video Ever" - Cult of Mac
"The strong magnetic connection between the bumper case and holster makes GearLeash perfect for an active lifestyle" - Consumer Electronics Net
"Innovative iPhone Bumper Case and Holster Ideal for Active Lifestyles" - WatchList News
"The GSi case features a bumper case to protect the iPhone against bumps and scratches as well as a holster that enables you to store the case outside your pocket for quick, easy, and safe access" - JohVirata
"Technological progress is moving very quickly and the GearLeash is not lagging behind a single step" - Aleksandr
GSi: Highly Secure with Quick Access!
What is it?
How it Works
GearLeash has developed an all new bumper case and quick access holster for iPhones. Currently, the device is patent-pending, and supports the iPhone 4, 4S and 5, but will also support other smart devices in the near future. How does GearLeash work? Its the combination of a well engineered, ergonomic design that utilizes neodymium magnets embedded into the holster that snap the bumper case in place, and hold it securely.
The GSi is highly secure -preventing theft, yet with just a simple downward twist of the wrist, the user’s iPhone is removed from the holster and ready for use.
Our patent-pending systems consist of a technically advanced hybrid (metal and polycarbonate) bumper case and quick access holster. GearLeash's design provides secure retention of your iPhone with quick and easy access.
All components are meticulously designed and produced with high-grade materials which compliment the impeccable quality of Apple's iPhone.
Delivered to a Waist Near You
Your contribution will fund:
- Production tooling costs and large material order of the GSi-4 and GSi-5
- Final mold cost and tooling for GSi-5
With your support, we are targeting to start shipping the GSi-4 and GSi-5 in October 2013!
...is a CNC machined frame made from strong steel alloy plated with a high performance finish, combined with a high impact injection molded polymer. Both materials are joined by a unique hinge design and securely fastened around the iPhone by two stainless steel screws. The polymer is primarily designed to prevent any loss in signal caused by an "ALL" metal case. The Bumper Case has been precisely fine-tuned to securely fit your iPhone using advanced TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) cushioning material on the inside of the Bumper Case. The Bumper Case provides large openings to accommodate aftermarket peripherals and audio connectors. Ultimately, it provides a rugged, yet appealing layer of protection for your iPhone!
...is an innovative injection molded design made from a high performance plastic. Rare earth, coated magnets embedded into the holster secure the Bumper Case, yet provide quick access of your iPhone. The Holster clip has been designed to ergonomically fit your mid-section and a custom ratcheting clip provides comfortable and secure attachment to your belt, pocket, purse strap or waistband.
Designed out of necessity...
iPhones have become a part of our everyday lives and we depend on them for phone calls, text messaging, emailing, web surfing, gaming, photographs, videos, and more. We at GearLeash believe that these devices should be easily accessible while we move through our everyday life.
The iPhone accessory market may be saturated with good protective cases, but many of the high-quality hybrid cases are expensive. Existing holsters are difficult to use, uncomfortable and bulky, so many people wind up storing their iPhones in their pocket, purse or just hold onto them.
For a pledge of just:
- $45: GearLeash for iPhone 4/4S: Receive one GSi-4 in jet black/black. Includes: quick access holster in black, bumper case and two custom leather backplates.
- $50: KICKSTARTER GREEN GearLeash for iPhone 4/4S: Receive one GSi-4 in KICKSTARTER GREEN/black. Includes: quick access holster in black, bumper case and two custom leather backplates.
- $55: GearLeash for iPhone 5: Receive one GSi-5 in jet black/black. Includes: quick access holster in black, bumper case and two custom leather backplates.
- $60: KICKSTARTER GREEN GearLeash for iPhone 5: Receive one GSi-5 in KICKSTARTER GREEN/black. Includes: quick access holster in black, bumper case and two custom leather backplates.
Each GSi comes with custom accessories:
Q: I know that some magnets can affect or damage solid slate electronic devices - will GearLeash affect my iPhone?
A: These magnets will not damage solid state electronic devices, such as your iPhone. The Holster is precisely engineered to limit magnetic field strength from affecting items such as credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, pacemakers or similar devices.
Q: How much does the GSi weigh?
A: Despite the bumper case having a steel segment, the refined machine process has made the GSi light, yet extremely durable; The GSi-4 bumper case weighs 35 g, and the GSi-5 weighs 32 g.
Risks and challenges
The risks and mitigations:
1. Large volume production - We have done two low rate production runs of the GSi-4, but there may be some issues we'll need to work through if a large production order is placed. On the plus side, our manufacturing relationship is well established and is understood to be critical in keeping our project a priority and on schedule.
2. Completing the GSi-5 mold segment - Prototypes are done and the molds are now being machined for the bumper case's polycarbonate section, also a minor tweak to the GSi-4 holster mold is needed to make it's cavity slightly thinner for the GSi-5.
We will keep you informed along the way and share with you our progress and challenges to bring the GSi to your door!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (35 days)