GROOVER worlds best electric kick scooter
GROOVER worlds best electric kick scooter
You want to charge anywhere? Remove the carbon handel bar, lock the board in your car or somwhere and carry just 2kg/4lbs.
You want to charge anywhere? Remove the carbon handel bar, lock the board in your car or somwhere and carry just 2kg/4lbs. Read more
High Tech & Quality from Austria
Charge where you like: The world's first electric kick-scooter with removable just-2-kg-4-lbs steering column including all batteries and electronics. You can lock the polyamide board in your car or somewhere and take with you the battery column for safety and charging.
Thieves will be annoyed: Without the steering column the board alone cannot be used. Lock the board and take the 2kg 4lbs column with you.
Charge smartphone: The battery steering column has a USP port.
Board better then in carbon or aluminium: The board is made out of one piece of high elastic and unbreakable glass-fibre-reinforced polyamide. Thanks to the aerodynamic shape you can slip over curbs and you cannot hurt yourself, because there are no sharp edges.
- Carbon steering column: You can easy disconnect the steering column with one turn. The connector is in aluminium and works like a camera bayonet locker. The vertical tube of the steering column is in carbon. Inside this tube are the engine controller, batteries, battery management system, wiring and the head unit controller. We're using 18 high quality 18650 lithium ion cells with a total of 24 V an 9 amp-hours. The cells are imbedded in a plastic case inside the carbon tube.
- Handlebar: On the waterproofed handlebar there are switches for electric breaking and speed controller, buttons to select the driving mode, cruising control, electric horn and front light. Further an USB port for charging your smartphone, an LED ring for indication of speed and battery status and a very strong LED spotlight.
- Head unit: The GROOVER doesn't need any display you'll scarcely be able to read while riding. We've built into the central steering unit a bright ring of coloured LEDs. These show you the speed and the battery condition. We will build you a smartphone app to change the design and function of the LED ring.
- Shopping bag: The detachable bag is attached to the steering column and the back of the panel. The bag provides enough space for your notebook and other items. We can print on the bag your advertisement design.
- Smartphone app: Connect the GROOVER with your smartphone. With the iOS or Android app you can define details of your driving mode (acceleration, max. speed) and set the configuration of the handle bar LED ring.
- Driving modes: Choose your driving mode with your smartphone or with a button on the handlebar. A special driving mode gives you a range of more than 30 km / 20 mi. Make a kick with your feet and the electronic is adding additional power.
The video shows how we connect the smartphone with the LED ring.
- Electric motor: A powerful maintenance-free electric motor of 8 inches / 20 cm diameter is completely integrated into the front wheel. The climbing ability is up to 12% and the maximal speed of 25 km/h / 15,6 mph. While breaking the motor gives energy back to the batteries (recuperation). The range is up to 30 km / 19 mi depending on your chosen driving mode, weight and topography.
- Board: The board is made of high-strength, indestructible, glass-fiber-reinforced polyamide. The board is very close to the ground, which means that you can push the scooter very easy. The shape of the board allows you to slip over stairs and curbs and you cannot hurt yourself, because there are no sharp edges. The board itself has the characteristic of an entire spring. Thus, we do not need any mechanical springs.
We build the GROOVER in accordance to the regulations for electric bicycles and kick-scooters. We integrated a strong LED headlight and red LED taillight and front and side reflectors. The front wheel motor brakes electrically with energy recuperation and the rear brake has strong aluminum brake shoes to guarantee maximum safety. The batteries and the entire steering column comply with UN 38.3 and UN 3481 regulations.
Since we meet the requirements of UN38.3 and UN3481 for lithium ion batteries, we can ship GROOVER worldwide with air cargo.
Brakes: Thanks to regenerative braking with the electric motor you can drive downhill endless roads without braking mechanical. Additional there is a mechanic brake for the back wheel.
Board: The GROOVER board is designed in such a way that you can slide without risk as well as taking herbs up or down without damage. The board has no sharp edges where you can hurt yourself.
Big wheels: The eight-inch (20 cm) front and rear wheels give extreme safety in case of obstacles and result in a very quiet ride.
- Track accuracy: The polyamide fibre-glass board works like an entire spring and damper. You can hold your line absolutely precisely.
- Handlebar: The handlebar does not have any protruding switches, indicators, levers that could hurt you.
- Cruise control: The maximum speed can be defined with your smartphone or button. This allows you to choose you personal safe speed.
- Maximum speed: 25 km/h / 15,5 mph
- Range: 20 km / 12,4 mi up to 30 km / 20 mi
- Batteries: 18 x 18650 Lithium-Ion cells 24 V 9 Ah 180 Wh
- Weight handlebar: 2 kg / 4,4 lbs
- Weight board: 6 kg / 13,2 lbs
- Total weight 8 kg / 17,6 lbs
- Maximum load: 114 kg / 251,3 lbs
- Electric motor: brushless DC 24 V 200 W 15 Nm
- Front break: electric with recuperation
- Rear break: mechanic
- Charger: 2 A 110/220 V
- Charging cycles: > 1.000 or > 20.000 km distance
- Board material: high-strength reinforced glass-fibre polyamide
- Fender material: high-strength reinforced glass-fibre polyamide
- Steering column material: carbon and aluminium
- Bayonet lock material: aluminium
GROOVER IN THE BOX
The GROOVER comes in a box with measuring of 80x40x30 cm including:
- GROOVER (ready to ride)
- Instruction manual
- GROOVER sticker
- App to download in Google Play Store or Apple Store
According to the European Community regulations you will get the GROOVER with a two years warranty.
- since 2015 : prototype development
- since August 2017 : serial product development
- November 2017 : Kick Starter take off
- November 2017 : hopefully successful with your great support
- November 2017 : ordering tools and components
- Dezember 2017 : start testing until Januar 2018
- Januar 2018 : order material serial production
- March 2018 : start of production
- April 2018 : shipping GROOVER
Peter graduated in mechanical design and studied economic, low marketing and information technologies. He is a successful entrepreneur in consulting services, a inventor, successful painter and professor for art with one secret love: electro micro scooter. Because he could not found the scooter of his dreams he invented the GROOVER.
Christof Kotauczek: sales (without picture)
Michael is a graduate in automotive engineering and environmental constructions, skier, biker and sailor. His passion is movement on the street, in the mountains, sea, everywhere. Michael has more then twenty years experience in automotive engineering, business development has worked in Vienna, Paris, Sydney, Rome, Munich and Graz.
Gernot founded sucessfully companies in the information technologies, consulting, engineering, electrical vehicles and renewable energy. Moving thousend of kilometers every year, he define one big thing what was missing in his live for the last mile: the GROOVER.
Wolfgang is a graduate in industrial engineering. He is an passionated motorcyclist and fitness enthusiast. In his almost twenty years experience in automotive and industrial engineering he did projects in Munich, Affalterbach, Maranello, Graz and Stainz. Thus, Wolfgang became the creater of the GROOVER concept, innovations and patents.
Gerhard is working for almost twenty years in automotive and industrial engineering environment. With plenty of experience he has outstanding skills in handcrafted prototyping. In his spare time Gerhard put his heart, blood and soul in his own motorcycle creations.
Mario has years of experience in automotive electronics and test bench design. His passion for old and young cars and model sport he brought with to realize the GROOVER prototype.
Thomas got his degree in hardware design. In the last years he developed several electronics like smart phones, remote devices, yacht and automotive electronics and now the GROOVER.
This is the guy on the pictures and video. He is studding electronic with other guys from the GROOVER team. His passion is electric skateboards, motor boats, fun an since the GROOVER video as well modeling.
Sebastian studied automotive engineering before he changed to electrical engineering. His passion for electrical vehicles, motorsports, biking, electronics and motorcycles combined with his studies brings a high knowledge in mechatronics and vehicle dynamics to the team. Since more than three years he is part of the university racing team.
Daniel is a firmware developer and studying electrical engineering at FH Joanneum Graz. His passion and fascination with electronics and tinkering already began in his youth and he has taken the chance to work in his favorite field.
Michael Korat: app design and development (without picture)
Michael is the master in smartphone app design and development and specializes in machine to mobile device communication. Photography in the mountains is one of his hobbies.
Christian has more then twenty-five years experience in media and communication business. He worked in germany at SAT1, was business director in one of the largest newspapers in Austria and founded 2000 his own communication agency with main focus on public relations and communications. Christian loves good food, wine and is an excelent chef and he loves to groove.
Beni studied in the 80s in Vienna graphic and design and worked since that as independent graphic designer and photographer for international clients from various sectors.
NOTE OF THANKS
We would like to thank the following companies, who accompany us on our way to success.
Risks and challenges
Already 400 pcs. are pre-ordered by dealer. We will bring the GROOVER in serial production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)