The gro2 breathe planter is a brand new integrated two-piece plant pot which is designed to enhance the natural air purification power of your plants.
Your planter is available in 9 different colours - pink, yellow, red, black, white, midnight, sky, duckegg and cookie. More colours, more choice, more opportunity to customise.
You can buy one, three, all nine colours or more. This will enable you to mix and match the inner and outer pot colours so you can add a whole new visual dimension to your plants. If you buy all 9 pots you can experiment with 81 different colour combinations.
Buy them for the kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom or office - we challenge you to find a space which cannot be enhanced with a gro2 planter.
unique design, beauty and performance
Your breathe planter is inspired by NASA and designed to make indoor plant maintenance a breath of fresh air.
- air mesh design maximises air flow to the roots of your plant and enhances the ability of your plant to breathe in 3 dimensions. By creating ventilation holes in the walls of both the inner and outer of the planter, the ability of air to reach the roots is increased exponentially.
- customise colour - your breathe planter provides a quick and simple way to swap your plants around so you can customise your colour combinations to create a style unique to you and your space.
- water reservoir - our two piece design has an inbuilt reservoir in the outer shell to collect excess water. This prevents soil from becoming waterlogged which a common cause of root rot and a major reason plants die.
- switch and swap - your breathe planter has ergonomic thumb and finger notches which means you no longer have to tug on the plant to remove it from its outer pot. You can mix and match your pots to suit your mood. Quick and easy.
- size - your breathe planter is available in the perfect size to sit on a table, desktop, kitchen counter or floorspace - not too big and not too small. Size does matter.
- quality and durability - we want you to experience the quality of good design for life, that is a why all our planters come with a lifetime guarantee against defective materials and manufacturing.
- sustainability - our planters are designed to last a lifetime and beyond so we need the very best materials to achieve this level of durability. When our planters do reach the end of their life, the high quality plastic is ideal for recycling.
- manufacturer - we have a manufacturer on standby and ready to produce our first order. We want you to get your breathe planter as fast as possible once our kickstarter campaign completes.
- Why Plastic? - the plastic debate is complex and very serious and we have invested considerable time to understanding the issue before choosing this material. The simple reason for choosing a high quality thermoplastic is because across the entire lifecycle of the product we believe it provides the best solution for our planter. These factors include the energy required to make, transport and dispose of the product as well as the requirements to create a product which is durable, water resistant and valuable to you for many years to come. If you need more information on why we have chosen plastic then please drop us a message and we will provide you with the detailed explanation.
We have created a revolutionary container for plants that challenges the status quo. We have placed the natural function of your plant at the centre of our design philosophy.
should I be concerned about indoor air pollution?
In a word, yes.
The average adult breathes 7 to 8 litres (2 gallons) of air per minute which is approximately 11,000 litres (2,900 gallons) of air per day!
If the quality of air you are breathing is poor, then it is going to absorbed into your body very quickly, and both the immediate and long term consequences can be profound. This is particularly relevant when you consider that a typical person now spends over 90% of their lives indoors.
The home and workplace is typically full of synthetic materials and processes which 'off gas' a range of highly toxic chemicals. Glues and resins which are used in furniture and building materials, synthetic fibres in carpets and upholstery, or decorative paints and many common cleaning products can be a significant sources of these pollutants.
Dirty air also contains fine particulate matter which can become permanently lodged in your lungs - sources include dust, smoke from gas cookers or scented candles, or smoke from vehicle engines which can be drawn through open windows or ventilation systems. Tobacco smoke is also a major source where people smoke indoors.
For more detail on air pollution visit our website by clicking on one of the images below.
what are the consequences for my health?
The common toxins found in indoor air come from numerous sources and they can cause irritation of the eyes and sensitive tissues in the nose, throat and lungs as well as a range of illnesses from sick building syndrome, fatigue and a number of serious breathing conditions.
Children, the elderly and people with existing breathing conditions such as asthma are particularly vulnerable.
Plants are not just good at cleaning the air, they are also very good at balancing moisture content. This is very useful for people who suffer from dry skin particularly during cold months where indoor heating creates very dry air or, in hot summer months where air conditioning creates a very dry indoor environment.
The food you eat, the water you drink, the air you breathe. These are the 3 fundamental inputs to how happy and healthy you are on a daily basis. We believe that the air you breathe is not taken seriously enough so that is why we created gro2 breathe.
gro2 is about so much more than planters. We want to inspire you to create a healthier and more natural indoor environment.
why are plants so good?
Most people know that plants absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen - plants have been cleaning our air for thousands of years. They are the reason that planet earth became habitable for humans thousands of years ago - without plants we can't breathe.
In the most simple terms plants do the following indoors:-
- remove air pollutants and harmful gasses
- increase oxygen supply
- balance humidity (particularly important in places with heating or air conditioning systems)
- remove harmful allergens, bacteria and mould
- provide a calming and re-energising aesthetic
- stimulate airflow
What many people don't know is that a plants ability to remove pollutants from the air is actually the result of activity of microbes around the root zone. Microbes that work in synergy with the plant to digest pollutants.
Did you know that a teaspoon of good quality soil contains more microbes than there are people on the earth! That's over 7 billion!
Your breathe planter will maximise the natural capacity of plants to remove toxins from the air improving your indoor environment and you health.
what is gro2?
gro2 is a start-up collaboration of people (based predominantly in London, UK) with a collective passion for delivering natural solutions to human problems. We want to grow a better home, office and city by connecting people directly to nature.
Our philosophy is rooted in our desire to bring people in urban environments closer to nature by inspiring them to become growers. We believe people in cities are losing their innate desire to be with nature and we want to reconnect them in the most simple way possible.
This kickstarter campaign represents months of research, development and exploration of plants and their impact on the indoor environment.
We have a pipeline of incredible products which we want to share with people around the world and this is just the start...you are not just buying one of our planters, you are seed funding a movement to grow our way to a better future.
Above all else, we want you to enjoy it.
Mick - an instigator, innovator and plant enthusiast. Father of 3 young daughters (all with exceptionally green fingers), Mick has been instrumental in the creation of gro2 and there are very few problems he can't solve. Very good at free hand drawing. He needs to burn lots of midnight oil to get all his work done - it's a good job he has all our prototypes in his house to clean the air.
Rich - he lives in a city but he belongs in a field. Investigating, experimenting and creative collaboration get him fired up. An Environmental Scientist by education but a very amateur plant grower by qualification. Rich likes to play with words, plants and people. If he can't travel by bike he gets upset.
Ade - a graphic artist by trade. We hope you love his images as much as we do. Ade is the beating heart of the gro2 aesthetic and brand. Ade has recently discovered the beauty of plants and he can't stop filling his house with them. If you feed him regularly, water him generously and occasionally expose him to direct sunlight he will blossom beautifully.
Aetha Design - we spent a long time looking for the right design partner to help us deliver our breathe planter. From the first moment we made contact Tom, Josh and the team at Aetha were 100% on the mark. Aetha have sustainable design ingrained in everything they do. Their professional design expertise has allowed us to create, prototype and prepare for mass production without compromise.
Why should I buy a gro2 breathe planter?
- because you want a planter that will make you and your plants breathe better.
- because you need more plants in your life.
- because your friends and loved ones need more plants in their lives.
- because you want a colourful life.
- because you want to gift a present that will continue to bring happiness and health for a lifetime and possibly beyond...
- because you believe in what gro2 want to achieve...
plants + people = happier healthier environments
Risks and challenges
Whilst we have been conservative on our timings i have seen a lot of Kickstarter projects over run with supplier issues, we have attempted to realistic with our timings.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)