Gringo-Gaijin's: Dawn of the Aerogirls
Gringo-Gaijin's: Dawn of the Aerogirls
Aerogirls (DotAG) is a brand-new trading card game immersing you in the treacherous landscapes of a land reminiscent of World War I.
Aerogirls (DotAG) is a brand-new trading card game immersing you in the treacherous landscapes of a land reminiscent of World War I. Read more
About this project
The world of AeroGirls is that of a world devastated by a prolonged World War I. Most of the men who went off to fight in the war were tragically lost, creating a power gap in societies around the world. Because of this the different women had to begin taking charge of their countries and armies. Among these women are special survivors of the war who were somehow injected with nanites. Where these nanites came from is still a mystery, but these certain women were found able to fuse with different machinery. Most of these women who were first discovered were often merged with airplane machinery - wings, engines, sometimes mounted weaponry. Thus, these women were dubbed AeroGirls.
Samuel Shelton, our company’s fine president, has had the idea for an approachable military experience in a card game for quite a chunk of time now. AeroGirls originated as a WWII era card game, but through research of history Sam decided to go with an alternate reality WWI era instead. After gathering a group of like-minded individuals, Sam began leading Gringo-Gaijin in creating AeroGirls. Through the different iterations of the game, we’ve always kept these major pillars in mind to help us stand out from the crowd.
1. Most fun and memorable games allow for all levels of play - not just card games but video games as well. From the word “go” we knew AeroGirls had to be a game that would be appealing to a wide variety of players - not just tournament goers and hardcore fans. After all, unofficial matches between two friends can be just as fun and memorable as a high level tournament match.
2. Instead of fulfilling a power fantasy for men, we sought to shake things up by creating a world where stronger female protagonists not only make sense but are necessary. While there are certainly those who may not like AeroGirls because of this, we are confident not just in the game itself but the world surrounding the game.
3. We desired to craft an approachable military experience. The two world wars shaped history in such a vast way, yet they both seem more like fantasy than reality. When the game started taking more shape as a WWI era game, we decided to inject as much history as possible while creating an alternate, fictional world that allows for uber-powerful women to exist. This allows for players to get invested not only in the game’s fictional history but in the real history that inspired AeroGirls.
What’s in it for You:
If you haven’t gathered from this KickStarter already, then allow me to say it plainly - this card game is not just for us here at Gringo-Gaijin. While we certainly think AeroGirls is a wonderful game, we don’t just want the game to be for us - we want it to be for you guys and gals as well! So, when you ask “what’s in it for me if I fund you guys,” one of the immediate answers is that you guys get to play our card game. However, that’s more of a reward for you guys as a whole as opposed to what you all as individuals can gain.
As far as individual benefits for backing us we have a list to the right of different perks of funding the game. Do note that some of these have limited quantities, so you may not have all the time in the world to obtain those perks.
Now we get to the fun section - what are we going to do if we get more than we ask for? Well, we certainly have some awesome plans for the game down the road - and the more you guys and gals donate, the faster we can make our future a reality! That in mind here’s our stretch goals for the game!
• $50,000 -- We’ll mix in foil cards into the different packs/decks! For those who do not know what that means, foil cards include holographic, full art holographic, and reverse holographic cards. That way you can show off to your best bud your special girl card that has a pretty wicked graphic - only for him to one up you with a full art version of that same card. (I won’t tell if you steal your bud’s card).
• $75,000 -- All cards will be made with a plastic material instead of paper! With our minimum goal AeroGirls will launch with carboard cards. While these will serve their functions, we are definitely looking to upgrade to a higher quality material for our cards. We hit this stretch goal, and at launch all cards will have quality comparable to that of poker cards.
• $100,000 -- Not only will we have full production of Season 1 with the previous stretch goals, AeroGirls will immediately begin production on Season 2! This means more nations, more cards, more insane possibilities, and of course - more AeroGirls - faster. Also, more rare cards to shove in your friend’s face.
• $150,000 -- Our very own convention and tournament! We here at Gringo Gaijin love the idea of mixing and blending cultures - and that awesome cultural exchange happens best in person! If we hit our goal we’ll not only have our very own con but host the first tournament in 2017 as well. Trust us - Connor has some crazy ideas for the tournament. Be ready for anything!
• $200,000 -- AeroGirls online battle game! Here’s where it gets nifty - we hit this stretch goal, and we’ll launch our online battle game. Every physical booster pack/deck gives you a code which allows you to receive another pack/deck in the online game - as well as sick gear for your profile. These online cards are distributed randomly - that way you can test out new cards online and try hunting that sweet card down in real life (just…don’t spend 20K for it on eBay). The best part? You can battle with anyone from around the world 24/7!
• $500,000 -- If we actually hit this much we will create an anime mini-series for AeroGirls. Ridiculous, I know; however, we are deadly serious about making this the best card game we can. No wasting resources, no half-assing the lore. If you guys genuinely make this happen, we will create the best anime possible that helps expand upon the AeroGirls universe vastly.
Risks and challenges
Ah, yes. The part none of us desire to discuss but yet need to anyway.
Obviously, one of the larger challenges of a project like this is that we do not in fact obtain enough funds to make our game. Should this be the case then all payments and pledges made by backers will in fact not process, meaning those kind enough to donate will not end up giving any money to us. This is one of the primary reasons we decided to use KickStarter as a platform to launch our company - nobody wants to deal with a group that takes someone’s funding on honest faith and runs off with it when everything falls apart. That is certainly not fair to you guys.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (42 days)