Hooligans is an action-comedy in the vein of Reservoir Dogs, Stand By Me, and Goodfellas. The story follows three boys looking to rob a local drug dealer's house. However, when the dealer wakes up and shoots one of the boys, their world is flipped upside down. After refusing to take their friend to the hospital, they continue to make bad decision after bad decision, culminating in true Shakespearean-esque tragedy.
What's My Money Going Towards?
- Equipment Rentals: To make any movie look beautiful we need to have the right equipment, especially when their is so little time to shoot.
- Vehicle Rentals: A lot of this film is in a car. We need the money for the car and a trailer to shoot it on.
- Permits & Insurance: Location Permits, Contracts, Insurance. We want to keep our production nice and legal!
- Production Design: We need to pay for all of our props, makeup, set dressing etc. We are trying to do all of our effects practically which adds up!
- Travel Expenses: One of our lead actors lives far away along with some key crew, they are perfect for the project and we want to make sure we can pay to get them down here!
- Meals & Craft Service: A film is only as good as the attitude on set. The truth is that the best way to keep people happy is some scrumptious grub.
- Post Production: Sound design and editing are all important to a great movie! We don't want to ruin an awesome film in the edit.
- Marketing: What is a film without its audience? This money will go to everything from festival submissions to telling that guy I met downtown to watch our film.
Cast and Crew
Grey Ingrassia is a 17 year old filmmaker and the Director of Hooligans. He made his first film when he was 4 years old and has been making them ever since. Some of his more recent projects include Sunset Dynasty, Crowd in the Crosshairs, and Disconnected Dispatch, which can all be seen on his website: greyingrassia.com.
Ali Flynn is a 16 year old filmmaker and the Director of Photography on Hooligans. She has been making films since she was a little girl. Some of her more recent projects have been Redmon, This is Me - A Music Video Tribute to the Greatest Showman, Crowd in the Crosshairs, and Disconnected Dispatch.
Eric David is a 16 year old actor and the lead in Hooligans. After battling with stage fright for much of his early life, he decided to join theater which took him out of his shell and put him in the spot light. He has performed in Sunset Dynasty, A Christmas Carol, Dracula, and Rumors (Neil Simon).
Alec Tujian is a 17 year old actor and stars along side Eric in Hooligans. He is a stand up comic and probably one of the funniest people you could ever meet. He has performed in Arsenic and Old Lace as well as Twelfth Night (William Shakespeare).
Michael Zapesotsky is a 15 year old actor and acts with Eric and Alec in Hooligans. He began acting as a young child and is known for his work in Yellow Peppers, House Warming, and just finished filming as the lead in Boulevard Misfits (Post-Production).
Carly Witteman is a 17 year old actress and model who has been working since she was a little girl. She is the main supporting character in Hooligans and has worked with company's such as Champion as well as performed in A Christmas Carol, Dracula, Arsenic and Old Lace, and Rumors.
Emilie Risha is a 17 year old actress who became interested in performing around the age of 10. She acts in Hooligans along side Eric, Alec, Michael, and Carly. She has been in shows such as Grease, Anything Goes, In The Heights, The Hunchback of Notre Damme, Hamlet, and Fidler on the Roof.
Not only is Hooligans a fun, exciting, roller coaster of a movie, but it is a passion project for these young filmmakers trying to get their start in the industry. Everybody, from our director, to our producers, to our D.P., A.D., production designer, and actors want to make movies for the rest of their lives. This is your investment in the next generation of filmmakers.
Risks and challenges
What if we don't reach our Goal?
If we don't reach our goal, Hooligans will still get produced, but compromises will need to be made. The truth is that we are too passionate about this project to let it go. We are asking for the 7,750 because we understand that is what we need to make Hooligans the best it can be.
Aren't you guys too young to make a movie?
We are in fact young. There are only two people on our crew who are older than 20. We, however, don't see this as a problem at all. We would like to steal a quote from Quentin Tarantino. "If you truly love cinema with all your heart, you can't help but make a good movie." The truth is that we love movies with all our hearts; you are never too young to make a film.
- (26 days)