Dragon Island RPG for iPhone\iPad\iPod
Dragon Island RPG for iPhone\iPad\iPod
Dragon Island for IOS has a vast world with 200+ different monsters to build an army with. Discover the many unique RPG gameplay ideas.
Dragon Island for IOS has a vast world with 200+ different monsters to build an army with. Discover the many unique RPG gameplay ideas. Read more
About this project
“it's almost a cross between Pokemon and Shining Force. If you don't like the sound of that cross over you aren't a human.” – Kotaku
“thought of Roguelike dungeons in a monster-collecting rpg has me salivating something fierce.” – 148Apps
Hundreds of different monsters cover the world. Catch them to build the ultimate army!
Dragon Island is a deep RPG that borrows elements from old favorites like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Pokemon and blends them with brand new gameplay ideas to create a unique iPhone\iPad\iPod touch gaming experience. Enjoy the thrill of hunting and catching hundreds of different monsters, and figuring out how to combine them or grow them into the most fierce fighting force available.
Combine, Capture, Conquer!
What Makes This Game Different?
- Time instead of Mana. All actions use time as their resource. Stronger attacks can quickly dispatch enemies but leave your character waiting for a long time. Fast abilities have a much higher time to damage ratio.
- Batting Order. To use a baseball analogy, your monster army can consist of more then 3 monsters (the limit that you can have in battle at one time). Once a monster dies it is replaced by the next monster in your batting order. Batting order size is determined by various factors. Plan an effective battle strategy that matches the enemies you expect to meet.
- Strength In Numbers. The measure of your army's strength is its lasting power. Better monster armies will make it farther into a dungeon before having to run back to town. Towns completely heal your army but also reset all battles. There are many way-points so you can pick up where you last found one.
The World Map
- The world map uses a "Points Of Interest" based exploration system. Each flag in the world is a town, tower, battle, forest etc that can be explored. You can find treasures, new monsters and more by being diligent.
- Towns are laid out on the world map and there is a seem-less zoom in to let you visit the various buildings including shops, inns, the arena, and helpful villagers.
- Randomly generated. No two visits are the same
- Full of treasures and special monster battles
- Our dynamic engine allows anything to be in a dungeon including other dungeons, towns, and more.
<Hero will be an animated guy walking around>
- Combine monsters together to build new creature types.
- Gain experience by increase the level of each monster type you have.
- Equip items that increase the effectiveness of your monsters
- Unlock larger batting orders by earning more powerful licenses in the arena
So Much To Do
- Explore across a 3840x2560 world map that takes 16 iPhone screens to display
- More then a dozen dungeons including an infinite dungeon that can challenge anyone and serves as an online leader board
- Hundreds of creatures each with its own abilities
- Both randomly created items and unique items
Why we need your support
Dragon Island is an indie made game. Everything to this point has been funded out of pocket and the game is about 75% complete. We made this game because we love RPGs and we like having them on our mobile device to play wherever we want.
We want to have as many monsters, dungeons, and items as we can at launch, and complement that with great artwork to seal the deal. With your help we can achieve that goal! Kickstarter funding is all or nothing. If we do not reach our goal, the project gets none of the funds raised.
Monsters From Rewards
Exclusive Kickstarter Monsters
Nonexclusive Kickstarter Monsters
Depending on how much money is raised beyond the target goal, we will have funding to do the following:
- Add new monsters, dungeons and items
- Add more kickstart exclusives
- Android Version
- Continue to add new content as free updates after launch
- Open up our xml based world\dungeon\monster\item data to community use to create either new titles, additions to the current game or possibly a "game builder" app. This is a stretch goal which would require significant success in either the funding or the app revenue itself.
Poster And T-Shirt design
This is our idea of what the T-Shirts and posters could look like. We are also open to input from the community. We are looking into the cost difference between full color t-shirts and regular ones.
Community Supported Project
We have tons of ideas that we have already put into the game, but we welcome fresh ideas from the kickstarter community. If you think you have something that you would like to contribute to the game design, speak up. We can't promise we will use it but we would still love to hear about it.
The FAQ comes after this next section. Now for a whole bunch of art from the game!
An Android port is listed as a possible goal in the funding section. It depends on how well the funding goes and or how well the launch goes. A strong showing in either will likely lead to an Android port.
Support this project
- (30 days)