I have started writing this book twenty different times. I would always get several chapters in before realizing, "this is not the direction I wanted this to go." I had a feeling that someday the right book would just come pouring out of me.
All previous drafts prepared me to complete this book at this time in my life. With great pride, I have culminated six years of experiences and lessons that finally clicked into a cohesive story. I then worked with a talented team of proofreaders, including a professional editor from NYC, who tirelessly combed through the material many times to bring you the final product.
This book has been simmering in my mind for years, with portions of it that I started working on as early as 2013. I love the final product and am eager to share it with you.
What's The Book About?
"If The Poor Were Next Door" is a short but compelling read. In about one hour, you will know my most intense life experiences and how they culminated in DonorSee.
These are the experiences that shaped who I am, what I believe and why I have devoted my life to serving the poorest half of the planet.
I do not hold back in this book. I don't sugarcoat any of the stories and I don't shy away from sharing my opinion. This is a redemptive book about some of the darkest moments of my life. Moments that have made me who I am.
When you are finished, you will put it down with a brand new, refreshed, inspired and open-minded perspective.
Why Do I Need Your Help?
There are two major things left to do and I need your help to accomplish them:
1. The book needs a cover. I want to hire a professional designer who can help us make this book as beautiful as possible. The more intriguing the cover design, the more appealing it will be to new readers.
2. The book needs a prominent voice to write the foreword. The person who writes the foreword for this book will help us signal to potential readers the legitimacy behind this project.
I appreciate anyone who is able to get involved at any amount. The more people who support this book, the more resources we can pour into the cover and the better chance we'll have at attracting a great person to write our foreword.
Who Are "The First 100" And What Do They Get?
The First 100 are the 100 people who join at the $79 level and up. There are only 100 spots available for this reward tier. Join at this level and you will get:
- Name listed. On every edition ever printed of the book, the first page will say, "This Book Was Made Possible By" and then will list all 100 of your names below. You will forever be a part of helping me tell my story.
- Exclusive "First 100" Edition. The first 100 copies ever printed will be different than all the others. It will include a private letter from me printed exclusively in this edition. You will get 1 of the only 100 copies in existence.
- Extra Signed copies. You will get at least 2 extra regular edition copies to share. Both your "First 100" and your other copies will be signed by me.
- eBook. Just in case you prefer reading via eBook, you'll get a version of this as well.
- Extras. There are 10 spots available to join at a higher reward tier than $79. Each comes with unique prizes listed in the rewards section.
Join me at this level and you will play a crucial role in making this book happen. I can't do this without you.
You have a special place in my heart and I am grateful that you believe in me and the work I am doing. I just want to say in advance: thank you.
Gret Glyer is the CEO of DonorSee, and has raised more than a million dollars for those in extreme poverty. From 2013 to 2016, Gret lived with the world’s poorest people in Malawi, Africa where he built more than 100 houses for the homeless and crowdfunded $100,000 to build a girls’ school in rural Malawi. Gret has been featured in USA Today, National Review, HuffPo, Acton Institute and is a TEDx Speaker. He gives regular talks on charity, poverty and perspective.
Risks and challenges
We should be able to launch the book for the minimum funding value of $1,000. However, the book will be in the best position to spread far and wide if all of the "First 100" editions are redeemed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)