Eight Bit Strange: Final Bit is a short animated film by Greg Kaperski.
About a year ago I created a little web-series called “Eight Bit Strange” with the personal goal of improving myself as an artist. Because I have always feared pantomime animation, I decided to limit myself only to that art form. The ability to communicate with the viewer without using speech was challenging but also very educational. Since I was very new to character rigging, I choose to go with a simple yet appealing style. To compensate for the somewhat cuteness of the characters I geared the content toward a more adult audience.
With the release of each new episode, I was constantly encouraged by the viewers to make them longer. This was great because I’ve always dreamed of making a short film and the timing felt just right. So here I am now, asking for your help with the production of Final Bit.
Below you will find one of my personal favorite episodes from season one of Eight Bit Strange so that you can get an idea of whats in store.
You can catch all the past web episodes >> here.
You’ve met me in the project video but I have a few good friends who are helping me bring this project to life.
Below you will find all of our ugly mugs and specialties.
- Greg Kaperski: Writing, Directing, Editing, Lighting, Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Animating, Special FX, Sound FX.
- Nubian Greene: Writing, Modeling, Animating, Special FX ,Compositing
- Greg Amato: Writing, Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Special FX
- Scott Stoked: Voice Acting, Autio Editing
- Cory Richards: Music composition, Audio Score, Audio Editing
- Yasha Peiros: 3D Animator
- Mandy Mok: 3D Animator
- Aurorah Yarberry: 2D Animator
- Dieter Wagner: 3D Animator
- Danny Garnett: 3D Animator
- Santiago Solarte: 3D Animator
- Andrew Innes: 3D Animator
We are wasting no time and are already hard at work on the Final Bit. Some scenes are already blocked out while others are still in the forms of storyboards. We’ll do what we can with the current hardware he have, till we see the results the kickstart. If we reach our fund goal ahead of time, we’ll get the tools we need to put the production into full speed.
The episode is set to launch on July 4th, 2011 a day after Kickstarter concludes.
The Money: (Where is it going)
The initial goal of $7000 will fund the most crucial areas of production: rendering, compositing, post-production and data backup.
- Multi Core Renderfarm/Workstation
- 1TB Backup Drive
- Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium
- The team went into the project without any expectations, but it would be great to be able to reward their hard work and dedication.
If the initial pledge goal is reached the additional contributions will fund the other much needed areas.
- Drop Box Pro Accounts for team members
- Final Cut Pro, New Animation Software
- Dual Monitor Setup
- Additional artists/animators
If you are unable to help the project financially please like our facebook page and follow us on twitter. Most importantly , tell your friends about us!!!
Thank you so much for you pledges and support of the Final Bit.
Support this project
- (60 days)