What’s that over there? It- it looks like some houses. Zpocalypse is finally getting out of the city with Zpocalypse 2: Defend the ‘Burbs. A stand alone expansion for Zpocalypse with new features and game enhancements. We know, about time right?
Zpocalypse 2: The ‘Burbs, is a new standalone expansion for Zpocalypse. You are all probably masters at Zpocalypse so let’s look at some of the changes and new things in Zpocalypse 2: Defend the ‘Burbs:
- Increased number of players from 4 to 5 now with new squad boards with individual survivor hit point tracking.
- The same tower defense you know and love now with base upgrades and crafting elements.
- Enhanced phases where you will strategically use resources and survivors via the daily planning board. Each player assigns daily tasks to the survivors they control.
- Deeper story driven scavenging with a choose-your-own-adventure feel. (Adds skill challenges, bartering while scavenging and a more dynamic story tree.)
- A new skill system introducing first aid, mechanics, stealth, and talk to the existing firearms and melee skills. All six skills are tracked via your survivors and using cards. These skills can be used in both the daily planning board, and combat.
- Detailed scenarios have been moved from cards to the rulebook allowing for more information and the ability to chain multiple scenarios together to make a survival story over multiple games. Also allowing us to more easily release new scenarios more often.
- Updated Something’s Happening cards where the fate of the players is determined not only by luck but by how you have played the game and the choices you have made. Combat is no longer a foregone conclusion. However, other challenges can still be sent your way such as raiders in the night!
- Upgraded card decks including new weapons, new foods, and new items!
Returning to the Zpocalypse universe we are coming back to our roots as a company. As such, we want this campaign to be not just a pre-order. Instead, we want our backers (you), who have supported us in our endeavors, to be a part of the crowdfunding experience once again and have a say on parts of the game. Just like in Zpocalypse we will have aspects of the game where you can have a say how it turns out with polls and open community feedback!
Best part of all most previous components are compatible with the new version of the game. Check out the Kickstarter to learn more!