Join us at...
- Download > Unzip > open PDF files > print (front & Back) > cutout > play. Includes Tiles, cards, rulebook, paper character standies.
You are a Kami Master. Trained in the art of channeling the spirit energy of the Kami, unrivaled in expertise of your chosen fighting style, you are sworn to uphold the honor of your House.
Yashima: Legend of the Kami Masters is a fast-paced combat game that combines the speed and complexity of card games with the tactical movement and terrain found in miniature games. With various styles of play, you can compete in a two-player duel, team-based combat, or a free-for-all showdown!
- A player's Battle Deck is their life force, used to generate Karma and unleash new abilities. Every card you play and lose matters in your hand, and in the future.
- Unique Tome cards with page-turning mechanics provide players with multiple tactical options to keep every turn exciting!
- The Action Pool and the ability to influence turn-order makes every round a distinctive experience.
- Facing, attack patterns, and “friendly fire” makes melee-combat simple, yet engaging.
- Multiplayer competition stays intense and engaging for all players with restoration mode. Instead of elimination, defeated players return more powerful and with a vengeance. Drive all your opponents to restoration and be the last one standing to claim victory for yourself or for your team.
Your custom Battle Deck is central to the game. Representing the martial arts skills of your Kami Master bound to the powers of your chosen Kami spirit, the Battle Deck is not only the source of your attack and defense techniques, but also your life force. As you play cards from your hand, place them back on the bottom of your deck. But when you lose life, you discard. Those techniques are now lost!
- Rosamu, the monk, uses chains to create powerful combinations of multiple attacks.
- Hikaru, the priestess, is a powerful healer who counters her foes with spiritual cleansing.
- Akiko, the fire sorceress, wields the power to burn all who stand in her way.
- Kenta, the ronin warrior, studies his enemy's weaknesses before he unleashes his fury.
- Click for more details and lore on each of these Masters!
Unlocked Expansion Characters:
- Dokubaba, the witch, uses her ability to cast plague on other Kami Masters and cough her poison at farther distances which is harmful to others, but also to herself.
- Toru, the druid, calls upon an unnatural power of nature. He casts seeds, then wills them to grow into different plants that can hurt or heal.
- Yuki, the spirit of the snow, a child of the snow topped mountain, has been gifted with its spirit. Her weapons are shards of ice used as throwing stars, and she can pull ice and snow as barriers to protect herself.
- Mitsuo & Saru, the traveling bard and his pet, a small man, and at first glance can be mistaken for frail. He is blind, so he plays up being the ancient-sage-type by having a long wispy beard and droopy robes. Wherever you find Mitsuo you will find Saru, his companion. Much like his master, Saru’s appearance covers his mischievous nature.
Click for more details and lore on each of these Masters!
- The Dragon Kami builds upon its attack power and evades attacks by flying or dodging. The Dragon Kami is low in health, but it is known for its luck (high karma).
- The Tiger can use mechanics to set up the perfect combination of deck, hand, and karma pool manipulation. When in the fray of battle, it has a powerful block defense.
- The Tortoise is slow and deliberate; its low karma makes it often the last one into battle. Like a shell Tortoise's blocks are some of the best and when it strikes they are very powerful blows.
- Like the mythical beast of legend, the Phoenix Kami is brilliant, daring, and willing to risk it all for glorious success or a spectacular fiery crash.
Be the last remaining player with cards in your Battle Deck, and prove your might as a Kami Master!
~ Marco Arnaudo “The game has a lot of possibilities, a lot of options, a lot of fun crazy facts that you can create. It just takes a turn or two, but when that happens oh boy that is really fun, a fun situation, a fun game!”
~ Forrest Bower "Once you get into the game, the gameplay is incredibly deep! ... There is an awful lot to like in this game! ... Gorgeous art work, really fun gameplay, tons of stuff to be paying attention to, tons of ways to sabotage your opponents."
David Kartzinel short P&P Review on the BGG forums, his Initial Impressions of the Print & Play.
~David Kartzinel “Simply put, there is a monster load of depth to this game. It's just going to get richer and more interesting as you play it and really get a feel for strategies.”
A stretch goal is a funding target set by the project creator beyond the original Kickstarter goal. We have three types of stretch goals in this campaign Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Bronze Stretch Goals enhance or add to the base game. Everyone who backs at the ($30) Bronze Master level will receive these stretch goals when they are met.
Silver Stretch Goals expand the game by adding new content past the base game. Everyone who backs at the ($100) Silver Backer will receive these stretch goals when they are met. Other backers not automatically receiving these can add-on to their pledge to get some of these items.
Gold Stretch Goals are limited items that will be unlocked for add-on only. They will NOT be included in any pledge levels (unless a special level is created specifically for it) as such anyone wanting one of these items will need to add-on to their pledge to get these items.
Currently we have Stretch Goals planned well over $200,000 if we happen to go that high. See below for more details on what each type of stretch goals is.
Types of Stretch Goals:
- Alternate Art Cards: These are special and often limited cards that will have alternate art from the original version of the base game. Though the gameplay mechanics will be the same.
- Foil Cards: These are special foil cards of the existing master cards. Aftert his Kickstarter you will only be able to obtain these during organized play or other special events but you can get them here before anyone else!
- Single Miniatures: A single miniature adds additional play options and increases potential Battle Deck combinations. This will include a single master, any necessary status tokens and a Master deck.
- 1 Player Location Expansion: An expansion to the game with new tiles. This includes at least 2 new Master miniatures, 2 new Master decks, 2 new terrain tiles and 1 new Kami deck to further expand the Battle Deck combination possibilities!
- Level up pack: A small pack of new cards for the Masters of Yashima. These cards can be added to the 10 master character cards to provide additional game options and provide more player choices.
- Kami Mega Expansion: A new expansion to the game which includes a mega sized miniature version of a Kami and associated battle cards. These expansions add new 2v1 mechanics and more!
- Unique goals: We have some other special things planned for later goals that you will just have to stay tuned for as we continue our funding!
$1 - WATCHER
- Kickstarter Updates
- Upgrade to a different level at any time
$30 - BRONZE MASTER
- Base game of Yashima
- Unlocked Bronze stretch goals
$45 - MASTER VS NINJA
- Base game of Yashima
- Base game of Ninja Dice
- Unlocked Bronze stretch goals
$100/105 - SILVER MASTER I/II/III
- Base game of Yashima
- Unlocked Bronze & Silver stretch goals
$120 - BRONZE BUDDY
- Base game of Yashima x4
- Unlocked Bronze stretch goals x4
- Free worldwide shipping
$300/310 - SILVER BUDDY I/II/III
- Base game of Yashima x4
- Unlocked Bronze & Silver stretch goals x4
- Free worldwide shipping
Yashima is designed to be expanded on with new characters, new Kami and more. While the base game only comes with 4 characters, having more copies, more miniatures or expansions will support more players. There are benefits to having two base games! The major reason is:
- You can play the same Kami as your opponent, resulting in additional possible versus combinations (with only one core set, you'll never be able to play Akiko+Dragon against Rosamu+Dragon etc.)
Other benefits are:
- You can paint the figures in different styles/color schemes
- You are guaranteed to be able to play your Master, no matter what (guarantee only exists if you have your own copy)
- Mirror matches are possible (TEST your skills against an opponent to see who is truly better with a given Master/Kami combination)
With the 4 successful Kickstarters we have run in the past we have learned a lot from each. One of the biggest things is how variable shipping can be. As such we are switching things up this time and will be charging shipping after the Kickstarter concludes according to the actual costs incurred to ship to your area. We will do this through our own Pledge Manager system after the campaign concludes.
There are two reasons we are doing this. First, it allows us to provide a lower rate on the actual pledge levels and structure a much tighter budget for the campaign and stretch goals since we do not have to estimate for shipping costs. Second, the funds raised for the project are 100% for the actual project itself rather than being partially inflated by shipping costs that may not be accurate.
We will be shipping through our various distribution areas. Depending on where you live, we will ship to you through our USA, Europe, Canada, or Australian centers.
Though the pricing may vary due to any add-ons you pledge for by the end of the campaign, we're anticipating an average shipping fee to be about: $10-$15 to ship in the USA, about $20-$25 in the EU (due to VAT), and $15 - $25 Australia and New Zealand.
Please note these are estimates and they may increase or decrease based on the quantity of stretch goals we unlock, final box size and weight and also the current postal prices at the time of shipping.
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you decide you don’t like Yashima within 1 month of receiving it, you can return it for a refund (see FAQ for details).
- Early-Adopter Discount: Every copy of Yashima ($30) comes at a 25% discount off MSRP ($40) as an appreciation of your early support.
- Limited Availability: While we don't have Kickstarter exclusives, we'll only print a limited number of certain rewards based on the final pledge totals or some rewards will only be available for purchase through this Kickstarter or at conventions.
- We Listen: We treat backers as collaborators—we really value your input, and we promptly and transparently address all questions and concerns. Have an idea for a cool stretch goal or an awesome mechanic that would be perfect for the game? Tell us and it might get added!
- Because We Need You: We’ve covered the cost of graphic design and most of the art for Yashima, but we can’t manufacture and ship the game without your support.
Show your support for Yashima by downloading one of our avatars to use here or anywhere else. Click the image below for the individual images.
Risks and challenges
This is our fifth Kickstarter project. Our first project started with cardboard and ended up with custom miniatures, cards, dice and expansion packs and we've learned the ins and outs of nearly every facet of the board game manufacturing world. We've learned (painfully!) how to set realistic goals for both ourselves and our backers, hopefully making the process rewarding for everyone involved.
As with any project produced overseas, there can be unforeseen production delays, shipping delays, and customs delays. So we've learned (again painfully!) all about delays and ways to manage or avoid them. We’ve also learned there are some delays you can never foresee, but you always have a Plan B through….X to keep the work and the project moving forward.
Over 60% of the artwork has been completed for the base game including pre-modeling all the core miniatures. We just need to finish the card art and put in the final touches. Plus any new art or modelling for stretch goals we unlock. We've also learned to be realistic in the extra time needed for any extra content that may be added with our stretch goals.
There are potential delays in a complex manufacturing project like Yashima but with the experience from our last four successful projects and our close relationship with our manufacturer we are confident that we will meet (or beat) our projected delivery date. Our last project, Heavy Steam, is right on schedule to be delivered as projected. We expect the same for Yashima.
Thank you so much for your help making our dreams a reality!
~ The Greenbrier Games TeamLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)