Visit Grub Street Grackle's website and enjoy some sample content. You'll find a few of our favorite poems and short stories from the first four years.
Here's what you can expect to see in the Fall 2013 edition:
- Adventures of an accidental hobo
- Misinformation Dissemination #7: Some practical, everyday uses of advanced theoretical physics
- An exclusive interview with the mysterious and odd Rictor Jomes
- Poems by Amos Johannes Hunt, Monika Cooper, Ben Lavergne, Sarah Breisch, and Don Sumpey.
- A message in a bottle
- Awesome letterpress cover
- A new column by Rachel Shunk
To make this issue happen, we need:
- $1000 for printing costs, including a professional letterpress cover
- $250 for postage
- $300 to pay contributors
- $200 for processing equipment including a saddle stapler and a paper folder.
Any funds raised in excess of these publishing and delivery costs will be devoted to promoting the new issue, which (depending on the amount) may include improvements, to the website, print and online advertisements, and a small tour.
Follow us on twitter for updates and links to more content.
Risks and challenges
Most of the content is in, but there is still a chance the schedule will slip. It has before. My fantastic contributors are hard-pressed by the business of their lives and the process of revising can take a while. To mitigate this possibility I solicit more contributions than are needed and write more content myself. Worst case, the publication would be pushed back a month or two.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)