Grabble is a fun, fast paced, 3D social app word game that combines a new twist on classic favorites. Read more
Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on December 25, 2012.
About this project
Grabble is a social, 3D word game for mobile platforms with a unique twist on classic favorites. In the game, a 3 dimensional cube can be rotated to select a side. The Sides have letters as well as double and triple letter groups. Players use their finger to selet the letters of their choice then navigate the cube to a desired location at the bottom of the screen. As letters accumulate at the bottom, players tap or swipe their finger over letter combinations to spell words. Players can clear out used cubes after their words have been completed. Any cubes above the cleared cubes fall and settle to the bottom of the screen. Game play continues until a three minute timer runs out or the cubes fill the entire screen.
There are a lot of layers to Grabble featuring unlockable advantages for the word game enthusiast. Grabble offers several fantastic features that make it more exciting to play such as:
- Cubes: As well as single letters, each cube features a unique letter group. The letter groups make it easier for players to spell larger words fast. When a 2 letter word group is used a X2 multiplyer is added to that word's score. Where as a three letter group acts as a X3 multiplyer.
- “Grabble Me This”: Once a week a clue will be given for a mystery word from MoxieArts' secret word list. Posts on Facebook and Twitter will allow players to submit answers to the clues and win tokens and / or prizes. If a player spells the mystery word before or after the answer is revealed the player will be awarded tokens. This mystery list of words can be spelled at any given time regardless if a clue has been given.
- Multiplayer: Two players compete over three rounds for a combined score. The game will support the social networks, Facebook and Twitter to connect with friends.
- Power-Ups: Before each round, players are able to stock-up with special Power-Ups.
- Freeze: Freezes time and doesn't disperse cubes for 15 seconds.
- Time: Adds 30 seconds of time to the clock
- Bomb: When The player taps the Bomb power up the cube that is falling stops. Time stops and the player has 10 seconds to tap up to 10 cubes that they want to be flagged for demolition. At the end of the ten seconds the cubes selected for demolition explode and/or disappear.
- Tokens: Players start each match with tokens that are replenished over a period of 20 minutes. Each player can choose to spend tokens for additional Power-Ups and Unlockables, adding a layer of strategy for how the game is played. Additional tokens are available through In-App purchase.
Unlockables: Players can use token to purchase the unlockable features listed below.
- Color Packs: include alternate backgrounds and colored letters.
- Hold: Reserve a cube in a designated “Hold” window to allow a new cube to fall from the cue.
- Advantage Cubes: Additional letters and letter groups that are added into cue's rotation, creating an advantage over other players.
View our rewards!
Risks and challenges
When MoxieArts contracted ARB Studios to develop Grabble, it was based on the success of multiple mobile apps they had previously developed. The game is currently at 80% completion, but our current funding will leave no room for a marketing budget. MoxieArts' challenge will be to stimulate a brand awareness without more funding. Our backers on KickStarter will help us maintain the momentum we currently have and ensure the success of Grabble.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)