VC100 and Amazon Echo Auto is similar product, they both require you to connect to your smart phone, but there are couple things that is different:
1. VC100 does not require you to install any app, while Amazon Echo Auto needs you to install Amazon app in order to use.
2. VC100 and Amazon Echo Auto both need to connect to your phone via Bluetooth, you will also need to sign in and setup Amazon echo auto in Amazon APP before you can use it, while VC100 does not require any APP setup.
3. VC100 directly plug in to your car’s power outlet and provide 2 USB charger port for you to use, on the other hand, Amazon Echo Auto comes with a USB power outlet charger but will take out one slot and you need to connect it with a USB cable which might get in the way of your car stereo or dashboard.
4. Amazon Echo Auto requires your phone to connect to your car stereo by Bluetooth, or by an Aux cable if your stereo lack Bluetooth connection, which means more cable will be hanging there. VC100 transmit FM radio frequency, so as long as your car has radio you can receive audio from VC100 and your phone without any problem.
5. Most car use application is similar on both device, but one critical problem of Amazon Echo Auto is navigation. After you speak out the destination, you will need to click on your phone screen to start the navigation. While VC100 is totally hands free, you do not need to touch your phone or VC100 to do navigation.
6. VC100 has some offline command for basic control, you are able to play/pause local music, receive/reject phone calls. But Amazon Echo Auto does not work offline, it needs internet connection to work properly.