After a friend had his bike light stolen and got hit by a car, MIT bike geeks built a Theft-Resistant Bike Light. Read more
This project was successfully funded on April 14, 2012.
Electronics Upgrade Photos and Thwarted Thefts
Ask Us Anything: Reddit AMA tomorrow, $150K Stretch Goal Passed
We are not Steve Jobs
[PHOTOS] New-released design updates, Upgrades for all, Tattoo Tramp Stamp Stretch goals
Thanks to you, we hit our goal in 15 hours (and climbing
If you didn't pre-order invincible bike lights yet, you have 39 hours left on Kickstarter.
1. $158K and 40 hours left. You helped us blow past the $150K stretch goal (THANK YOU!) meaning we upgraded the bike light clamping mechanism. You will never suffer from Lumen Dysfunction. Warning: for bike rides lasting longer than 4 hours, contact a doctor.
2. Reddit Ask Me Anything Tomorrow 4pm: Why are you laughing like lunatics in this picture? What's Boost vs. Standard bike light battery life? What if a thief get's the security screw? You guys have been asking awesome questions, and we want to answer them in a live interview. Tomorrow (Wed), 4pm EDT we will do an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit. We'll send the link tmrw.
3. We pushed up our Stretch Goals: $165K and everyone gets an upgraded low battery indicator. Sorry, Bike Light Tramp Stamps will still cost $200K.
Tivan, Slava & Team Fortified
STATUS: 6 days left and we're rapidly approaching $150K! This will mean an upgraded clamping mechanism. $180K = battery indicator upgrade. $200K = Bicycle Tramp Stamps for Tivan/Slava. Yuck. If you haven't already, share the campaign with your biking buddies.
WE ARE NOT STEVE JOBS: "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses," Steve Jobs used to say, quoting Henry Ford. Jobs, the greatest product developer of our time, had a crystal ball that the rest of us mortals don't have.
Yesterday we wrote an article for Fast Company magazine why we are not Steve Jobs and...
- How 1,000 cyclists designed the Aviator/Afterburner
- Why we follow cyclists on rainy night-time commutes
- Why market research is a full contact sport.
DESIGN: Brian Hack, our new brilliant MIT MechE is getting the Aviator and Afterburner ready for manufacturing. Making 1 prototype is hard. Making 5,000 production ready bike lights that last a lifetime is very, very harder. Yesterday, he gave us 6 design upgrades to choose from. Each is so subtle and detailed, most people wouldn't even see the difference.
Thanks for believing in us.
Slava, Tivan, Brian, and Team Fortified
Madness. $136K! THANK YOU! If you haven't bought the Afterburner/Aviator yet, you have about a week to check it out.
1. Stretch Goals: Thanks to you, we broke the 600 backer, 1,000 backer, and $100K stretch goals. Many of you have asked for more so here goes.
- $150K and we improve the clamping mechanism. Can't release the design yet (it's patentable), but trust us you'll lights will never droop. It's like Viagra for your headlight.
- $180K and we upgrade the low battery indicator to warn you several times when it gets low.
- $200K and Tivan/Slava will get bike-related tattoos. We're not kidding. You will vote on the tattoo design, and it's placement. Matching I (heart) Bikes tramp stamps? OK! Share with friends and get us to $200K and we'll do it.
- $1M, $10M, and $1B Wifi. Time travel. Higgs Bosons. See below.
2. New Reward: $299 and you get the Limited Edition Afterburner/Aviator Boost, a dry-fit performance T-Shirt, and Tivan will write and perform a song for you. Tivan used to be a professional wakeup call guitarist/singer. He's good. Think about birthday songs, Valentines Day Serenades, wake up calls, etc. Click here to back the $299 Reward.
3. We've done some major design upgrades as we go to manufacturing. Check out the photos below
Check out the photos below. Love, Slava + Tivan + Team
We hit our $24K funding goal in 15 hours and at the time I'm writing this, we're at $33K and 290 backers. Amazing! Thank you.
We also got great press from FastCompany, BikeRumor, Gizmag, and BostInno. More links to come.
We know most of you know us from The Defender and we want to thank you for sharing and supporting. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the video that almost got Slava arrested: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gotham/fortified-bike-lights-that-last-forever-we-promise Please back us and spread the love on Facebook/Twitter.