by Go on Board
Very confusing for me :-( -
For a Deer (purple) Clan bonus, the player treats
Warriors from their partner’s team as if they were on their own team. The player grants a Warrior bonus from The Wild Clan (yellow) if the clan indicated on the card appears on their opponent's team, or on their opponent’s partner’s team.
Are you still taking comments on the rulebook?
+ 1 for animal icons :) I believe you can do it!
Thank you all for the corrections and suggestions. We are going through all of them and working on polishing the rulebook!
+1 to animal & colour Clans
And +1 to make more intuitive actions symbols
Is it really always plural in those cases? Otherwise "die" is correct. (Singular: die; plural: dice)
- Check all spots where word "dice" is, cuz a lot of them are wroted as "die".
- I like the easy and intuitive symbols. THERE ARE A LOT 0 intuitive looking at them, and you have to check explanation. For that cases I prefer so far the short text as in older versions.
Why making less dependence of language if we are OK with english or buying the good-priced translation pack? In my opinion, with symbols the game is losing quality and smooth. Please reconsider to return to the short texts.
And... why 4 "colour" clan if they correspond to an animal? When i saw new left-top iconography, I expected to see the 4 animals drow, not only the colours. It's a great difference talking about the green or the yellow clan, with talking about the bear or the deer clan. Colours sounds quite child. Do you can rework that icons, as u have done with the ice giants, the battle&tactis card, etc?
Short addendum to Ken's rewording proposal: It would be 'remainder', not 'reminder'. I like the rewording though.
Page 24, "Push back" explanation is confusing. I don't understand if a die can be rerolled twice or once via this card.
"Separate the leader" typo - "Special powers (primary and secondary) of the Jarl belonging to the defender is disabled for the rest of that battle." should read "Special powers (primary and secondary) of the Jarl belonging to the defender are disabled for the rest of that battle."
Suggest rewording the Ice Giant power: "When an attacking player activates an Ice Giant, the defender loses 1 die for the reminder of the battle. The power may by used
only once per battle. All other activated Ice Giants only add their strength in battle."
Also on first page, "Ragnarӧk" is rendered as "Ragnark" by both Edge and Acrobat for me.
First page, "reserved for the gods, great Jarl and kings" should be Jarls (plural)?
Few things I've noticed:
- On the example Jarl card at the beginning of the rulebook, in the second skill prerequisites the phase is called "A phase" instead of "phase A".
- Page 6/7 in the phase descriptions you have the drawing of cards first as point 4 of phase A, then again as phase B.
- On page 9, a note is still in Polish.
- Page 10, calculating points for shields, you write in parenthesis "(in 3-6 player game)", where it should be "(in a 2-6 player game)". You then give the rules for 2 to 6 player games in the paragraphs below, after all. You should also either keep the "each shield can be used in only 1 set" either as general rule at the beginning or place it in the respective paragraphs (5 and 6 player game), but not both.
- Page 13, the last paragraph of the Dwarves expansion is still in Polish.
- Another note in Polish on page 17
- Page 21, rule about bonus points for warriors of the same colour I would change the last sentence to "These points are awarded only once, regardless of how many warriors of the specific clan go to Valhalla."
That's what I found on a quick read-through. I didn't really do a detailed one, there might be more.
Merci et bonne année.
chiaramente aspetto il regolamento in italiano,ma direi che così è perfetto!!! ciao e buon lavoro!!!!