The Tang dynasty was considered the first golden age of the classical and now iconic Chinese gardens. Emperor Xuanzong built the magnificent imperial Garden of the Majestic Clear Lake as an homage of life itself.
Tang Garden is a Zen-like game that will take you to the first golden age of China, where players will progressively build a garden by creating the landscape, placing the scenery and projecting their vision through vertical panoramas. During the construction, noblemen will visit the garden to admire the surroundings and the way the natural elements coexist in the most breathtaking scenery humankind has ever laid their eyes upon.
Tang Garden is played in a variable number of turns. In each of these turns, the player will be allowed to pick only one action between expanding the garden and decorating the garden: Both actions balance each other, putting the player in the position of making simple and profound choices simultaneously.
- Bringing Tang Garden to reality will only be possible with your support.
- Make the game better for everyone. Stretch goals will enhance the final quality and content of the game, the more we fund, the more we can upgrade. We will also offer a serie of Kickstarter Exclusive Stretch Goals.
- The Deluxe edition contains a Limited Edition numbered Expansion. It won't be possible to get it in distribution.
- Get more value of what you pledge and a competitive discounted and tracked shipping rate.
We have planned the size and weight of the game after the Stretch Goals are unlocked and the shipping box will weight around 4 to 5 Kg. We are partnering up with our loyal fulfillment centers: QuarterMaster Logistics for USA, VFI for Asia, Snakes & Lattes for Canada and DHL + GLS tracked and reliable shipping couriers for Europe.
After the campaign ends you will be able to choose your Base Game language from: English, French, German and Spanish.
The Deluxe Exclusive expansion: Ghost Stories, will include a multi language rulebook.
For the Italian version of the game, please pledge towards our partner, GateOnGames! Dungeon dice website: www.dungeondice.it
If you are the owner of a retailer store, we are planning a release event. By buying copies during the campaign, you will receive promotional material to use and give out to the participants. For more information request access in our form.
Risks and challenges
With any project, many variables need to be managed. It is a challenge to create a game, manufacture it and then ship to the warehouse, but the most important of all, fulfill our backers. After what we learnt from our first three projects, specially Tao Long, we feel confident and prepared to manage this project in the best way possible.
We have delivered three games and Spirits of the Forest is going into assembling the shipped by sea very soon.
To avoid any delays, we decided to prepare the game assets for Tang Garden before the campaign. All the files but the rulebook are already in hands of our manufacturer and we should receive a final pre-production copy a couple weeks after the end of the campaign.
Logistics is the most difficult part or running a campaign. From the lessons learned we are combining every time inside boxes as we did for Spirits of the Forest.
- Base Game backers will receive two boxes (Base Game + Stretch Goals)
- Deluxe backers will receive three boxes (Base Game + Stretch Goals, Tang Garden: Ghost Stories)
This time around we are also making sure all the add-ons have their own packing. For the decorations we are using booster packs, for the single characters as the Wayfarer tuck boxes and all the expansions and metal coin inside 2-pcs setup boxes.
These are our fulfillment partners for this campaign:
- VFI will deliver the games to most of our Asian backers while the rest will be sent by DHL from Europe.
- VR Distribution will deliver the games in Australia and New Zealand.
- Quarter Master Logistics will deliver the games to our backers in the US.
- ThunderGryph together with TCG & Happyshops will deliver the games to all our European Backers by using tracked DHL.
- Snakes & Lattes will deliver the games to our Canadian Backers.
- Any "rest of the world" backers will be fulfilled by ThunderGryph Games and HappyShops using DHL.
We are consistently monitoring the project and working hard to remove as much risk as we can from you and bear with it ourselves, If you have any questions about the project development please don't hesitate to ask. We are striving to be as transparent as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (22 days)