Humanity is in its infancy living in scattered tribes in forest, tundra and desert. Hope is blowing in the wind, and the tribes have now left their ancestral homelands to explore the vast uncharted regions, encountering other fellow tribes and exchanging knowledge, culture and wisdom. The earth will breath again, on a journey of discovery.
Iwari is an abstract-like euro game where players represent different tribes who endeavor to define their identity by traveling and expanding settlements into five different types of regions in a strategy game of majorities.
- Bringing Iwari to reality will only be possible with your support.
- Make the game better for everyone. Stretch goals will enhance the final quality and content of the game, the more we fund, the more we can upgrade.
- We will unlock Deluxe Exclusive Stretch Goals that won't be available later in distribution.
- Get more value of what you pledge and a competitive discounted and tracked shipping rate.
We have planned the size and weight of the game after the Stretch Goals are unlocked and the shipping box will weight around 3 to 4 Kg. We are partnering up with our loyal fulfillment centers: QuarterMaster Logistics for USA, VFI for most of Asia, Snakes & Lattes for Canada and Surfin Meeple in Europe, other regions will be fulfilled from Germany with HappyShops and Deutsche Post DHL.
While shipping costs organically increase each year, we've done our best to keep the costs the same as last year within this weight range.
Retailers Update: We will be sending the invitation on Match 14th. We are still adding the last touches to the store. Thank you!
From our last campaign, we learned how important is to have a correct setup before dealing with retailers. We launched our Online Shop in October and we have been preparing an Online Shop section dedicated to retailer stores. That will make everything more organized in terms on what to buy, what's in stock and how we manage things from our end.
We want to connect better with the retailer owners. We will be sharing a new dedicated contact reference that will be available by messaging or voice at any time to answer your questions and help you out understanding our games better.
About Group Pledges. We really admire your organization and love towards our titles, but we feel that we need to focus our efforts on improving one thing at a time. Considering how structurally difficult is to manage bigger groups, we are not receiving group pledges requests for Iwari. If you are interested in organizing a group pledge, please reach out to your FLGS after March 11th and they will have instructions on how they can help you organizing your pledge. Thank you very much once again for your support.
Risks and challenges
ThunderGryph Games will be three years old during the campaign! Thanks to your support, the team that started as five is now ten. We successfully delivered 4 Kickstarter campaigns, 2 different retail titles and we are manufacturing our latest Kickstarter that ended 8 months ago: Tang Garden.
With any project, many variables need to be managed. It is a challenge to create a new game, produce it, send it to different warehouses around the world, and as you know the most important of all, fulfil our backers.
The learning curve with Tang Garden has been very steep. We understood how beautiful is dreaming with our eyes open and how difficult is to bring new concepts to life.
Our delay on Tang Garden is a combination of two elements: we took way more time than expected to refine all the gameplay from the stretch goals, and some of the elements of the game (like the Pavilion) took us by surprise with 14 different iterations before finding a good balance between a structure that doesn’t fall apart and how it looks. After spending almost 2 years developing the base game, we were very committed to creating a good method that will help us develop this game more in the future.
We are confident that our backers will really enjoy the experience and the care we put into making it.
For Iwari the situation is definitely more manageable. We have built a game around all elements we have used in different shapes and form in the past. Almost all pre-production files are ready and in hands of our manufacturer. This year we want to show what we have learned in the past thanks to your patience and support. January 2020 is a conservative date, but we will do our absolute best to deliver before that time.
We really strive to improve with each campaign and we are very open to sharing how things are going in all our updates. We sincerely thank you for all your trust and we are so excited about the possibility to make Iwari a reality.
Basic information about the structure of the campaign:
- Base Game and Deluxe backers will receive ONE single box with all the items and unlocked stretch goals.
- Add-ons will be sent in the same shipping box but not inside the game box. We will make space inside the box to accommodate all the add-ons we have on our campaign page.
Fulfilment partners for this campaign:
- Quarter Master Logistics will deliver the games to our backers in the US.
- ThunderGryph and Surfin Meeple will deliver the games to all our European Backers VAT Free by using tracked couriers.
- Depending on the outcome of the campaign Snakes & Lattes or QML will deliver the games to our Canadian Backers.
- VFI will deliver the games to most of our Asian backers while the rest will be sent by DHL from Europe.
- VR Distribution will deliver the games in Australia and New Zealand.
- Any "rest of the world" backers will be fulfilled by ThunderGryph Games and HappyShops using DHL.
If you had any issues with any of our shipping partners, please let us know to investigate further.
We are consistently monitoring the project and working hard to remove as much risk as we can from you and bear with it ourselves, If you have any questions about the project development please don't hesitate to ask. We are striving to be as transparent as possible.
The best way to reach us is by sending an email to our support center: firstname.lastname@example.org.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)