About this project
Prepare for an adventure of high piracy in Dead Man’s Doubloons, a new action-packed board game for 2 to 5 unscrupulous scalawags, playable in 30-45 minutes.
As the game begins, each player assumes control of a unique pirate captain, their ship, and a rapacious crew. The first task is to gather treasure map fragments scattered in the waters surrounding a mysterious Island, while fending off rivals and navigating the reefs.
With a mostly assembled map, the captains then lead a small landing party along the obstacle-strewn paths to the summit of Zotètmon Mountain. There a legendary treasure trove is buried, one that only the savviest of Captains will find.
The final phase brings the ships back to sea in an epic battle royale. Sunken vessels become ghost ships, with their treasure cursed. Yet even a phantom ship may prevail, if they play their cards right. When the smoke clears, the game ends and the richest pirate is crowned the winner!
- Make the game better for everyone; stretch goals will enhance the final quality and content of the game, the more we fund, the more we can upgrade.
- Get exclusive Kickstarter components like the metal token and receive special items for free that will also be available after the campaign ends for an additional cost.
- During the campaign your opinion and constructive feedback will help to shape and improve the game.
- We subsidize 5€ per pledge on shipping to offer you the best tracked shipping rate possible for a game of this weight and size.
If you are interested in having Dead Man's Doubloons in other languages we have the following languages available:
Spanish: By backing on Kickstarter you can chose the spanish edition of the game later on in our pledge manager.
French, German: By backing on Kickstarter you will be able to decide later on in our pledge manager which copy of the rulebook you want in your game (english will be included as well)
Portuguese: You can head over to MandalaJogos website to back the game directly in Portuguese.
Italian: You can head over to DungeonDice website to back the game directly in Italian.
By backing in the respective websites you will help unlock side stretch goals which are upgrades that are not possible to be unlocked by normal funding.
We will reveal the amount of backers every week to see if we have reached any Stretch Goals.
We are looking for partners to bring the game in other languages around the globe! If you are interested in join our first print run contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to spread the word of our campaign on social media, why not doing it with our special avatars? so you can be a pirate earlier than everyone else!
Risks and challenges
With any project there are a variety of variables that need to be managed. It is a challenge to create a game, manufacture it and then ship to the warehouse, but the most important of all, fulfill our backers. After what we learnt from our first two projects, Overseers and Tao Long, we feel confident and prepared to manage this project in the best way possible.
The game design and art has been completed for the project and we already have the blank samples in our hands for some material quality control.
For this project we will be sending out the rewards in different waves so every backer will receive the game at the same time regardless of where they are. We will also make sure that our fulfillment centers pack it up the games accordingly to prevent any kind of damage to the box.
- VFI will deliver the games to all our Asian backers
- VR Distribution will deliver the games in Australia and New Zealand.
- FunAgain will deliver the games to our backers in the US.
- TCG Factory will deliver the games to all our European Backers.
- Snakes & Lattes will deliver the games to our Canadian Backers.
- Any "rest of the world" backers will be fulfilled by VFI and ThunderGryph Games.
We are consistently monitoring the project and working hard to remove as much risk as we can from you and bear with it ourselves, If you have any questions about the project development please don't hesitate to ask. We are striving to be as transparent as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)