Help us get back to the USA for a massive headlining tour of North America this fall. We need funds for flights and sleeping bags..
G O L D F I E L D S
We are heading out on our first ever headlining tour of North America in support of our debut album, Black Sun, this September.
After touring the US earlier this year in support of some great bands, we we were lucky enough to showcase at SXSW and visit some cool towns. Despite how rugged life on the road can be at times - catching up on sleep wherever we could, squeezing into the van for hours on end, and dealing with tyre blow-outs in the middle of nowhere, we are committed to playing live and getting our music as far out there as possible.
We finally released our debut album 'Black Sun' in Australia and North America is March this year, after having spent some time recording it in Los Angeles, CA. It was a long time in the making, and we want to show our US fans how we can bring it to life on stage.
Kicking off in Vancouver in August, we will be heading to 30 cities over two months. We need your help in booking our flights to get over from Melbourne, Australia, as well as supplies for while we're on the road - drumsticks, guitar strings, food, accommodation, and of course, gas for the van.
In order to help get you involved, we've put a lot of thought into what our fans might love from us in reward for pledging to this campaign. You can leave as little as $1 donation for the satisfaction of knowing you've helped us a bunch, or up to $3,500 for our drummer, Ryan's own drumkit.
Some other incentives include signed vinyl's, a limited edition t-shirt, exclusive downloads, hang-out's with us at soundcheck before shows, or a personal DJ set at your own Gold Fields house party. We are even publishing a special Gold Fields coffee table art book, full of Mark's photos from his film camera, documenting the tour. This will only be for Kickstarter pledgers only, and there'll only be 10 available.
Below are the 4 exclusive handprinted A1 Black Sun art prints available in the $40, $150 and ultimate package options, as well as a listing of all the show dates and venues.
Hope to see you there!
- 8/31 Fortune Sound Club, Vancouver
- 9/03 Chop Suey, Seattle, WA
- 9/04 Mississipi Studios, Portland, OR
- 9/05 Mezzanine, San Francisco, CA
- 9/06 Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA
- 9/07 Launch Festival, Sacramento, CA
- 9/09 Constellation Room, Santa Ana, CA
- 9/10 El Dorado, San Diego, CA
- 9/11 Pub Rock Live, Scottsdale, AR
- 9/12 Low Brow Palace, El Paso
- 9/13 Club Dada, Dallas, TX
- 9/14 The Parish, Austin, TX
- 9/15 Limelight, San Antonio, TX
- 9/16 Fitzgerald's, Houston, TX
- 9/17 Howlin' Wolf, New Orleans, LA
- 9/19 Bardot, Miami, FL
- 9/20 Will's Pub, Orlando, FL
- 9/23 Smith's Olde Bar, Atlanta, GA
- 9/26 Mercy Lounge, Nashville, TN
- 9/27 Double Door, Chicago, IL
- 9/28 The Pike Room, Detroit, MI
- 10/2 Smiling Moose, Pittsburg, PA
- 10/3 Santos Party House, NYC, NY
- 10/4 Le Belmont, Montreal, QB
- 10/5 Wrong Bar, Toronto, ON
- 10/8 Middle East, Boston, MA
- 10/9 Mexicali Live, Teaneck, NJ
- 10/10 U Street Music Hall, Washington, DC
- 10/11 The Barbary, Philadelphia, PA
- 10/12 The Brooklyn Bowl, Brooklyn, NY
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
There are so many challenges that face young bands. Particularly Australian bands, as the distance to travel is so far! Along the way, we may come across troubles with the van, delays with getting to shows, and stolen gear.
We hope to get all promised merchandise and content to you as soon as possible - along the way we may have no internet or power in between destinations, but we aim to document everything to keep you in the loop. Poster artwork, instruments and books we hope will be ready for Christmas deliveries.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.