Hasty Baker is a highly interactive 30-60 minute card game for 2-6 players. Players hastily try to complete their recipes before someone STEALS or SPOILS their ingredients, or worse yet, BURNS it! Double Batch or Blue Ribbon cards give you EXTRA points, and the first to 5 points WINS! BUT, no one's going to make it THAT easy for you!! Players will do whatever it takes to finish their recipes before you! "You heard me. Your flour has worms..." is a phrase you just might hear during a game of HASTY BAKER!
Picture this, you’re sitting around the table with your family and friends, cell phones on the opposite side of the room. What are you doing? Playing HASTY BAKER! This is a game that EVERYONE can play! Adults, teens and kids! Hasty Baker will allow you to CONNECT with those you love and have a great time doing it! So put your cell phones away and go get yourself a copy of Hasty Baker!
When you back this project, you get to own one of the first copies of Hasty Baker. You get to have it in YOUR home, to play with friends and family on game night, rainy days, and other family gatherings! Don't forget to tell your friends about this Kickstarter, Like our FACEBOOK Page, and FOLLOW us on Instagram!! Let's get the word out about this incredible new game!!
Our backers will be the FIRST to get Hasty Baker. We are making every effort we can to get this game in your hands before Christmas. So if you're looking for a unique gift that no one else has, be sure to get EXTRA copies!!
- Best case scenario – you get it in November.
- Most probable scenario – we get you the game in early December.
- Worst case scenario – a zombie apocalypse happens and we can’t ship it out until early 2020.
A game for everyone!
- We knew the game we created needed to be positive, uplifting, and who doesn’t love baking?! The ingredients all have very positive expressions and baking has a way of bringing people together, awakening the senses, and is often associated with fond memories.
- We also made sure all the recipes followed some of the rules of baking, i.e. the ingredients listed on the cards are actually found in the desserts. And, just like the perfect chocolate chip cookie, you probably won't be able to stop at one round! This game can be a bit addicting, but then who doesn’t want more QUALITY time around the table?!? Games are a great way to connect face to face.
- To make sure the game was easily accessible, it needed to be compact and portable. That way we could throw it in a bag when we went on a trip, camping, or over to a friend's house for a game night. Its size means we can keep it out on the table, and always have a non-screen solution when someone complains about "being bored!"
- Since we play games with a wide range of ages, it had to be easy to learn, but still have enough complexity to keep the attention of adults and teens. The icons on the corners of the cards make it easy for non-readers. We have found that the more you play, the better you get at using the strategy cards and the more fun the game becomes.
Don't forget to get EXTRA COPIES to giveaway as gifts during the holidays!
Risks and challenges
When deciding our goal, we used almost-worst-case-scenario numbers to be sure we can deliver. We understand there are always other costs that come up and although we have read up on a lot of other Kickstarter and game developer's advice, we don’t have a crystal ball.
As is the case with most Kickstarter projects, there’s a chance there will be a problem with the manufacturer. We've decided on a manufacturer that creates other games with impressive quality. We’re going to have the games inspected early on and get samples so we can be confident that the game is ready for you prior to shipping.
- (28 days)