2.0 Add-ons & 1 Week left!
If you missed our previous update and Kickstarter live you may not be aware of the new add-ons available. Also, we’ve received a number of questions that we’d like to address regarding these add-ons and a 20-second survey to collect popular opinion on a few topics.
The add-ons are an exciting addition to the 2.0 product experience giving CF, CFast, XQD and UHS-II users the ability to transfer at top speeds in an integrated system. The Dual Battery Charger will allow users to charge two batteries simultaneously at 1-hour a piece all while providing a safe way to travel with the batteries.
Thank you all for helping us reach $750,000 (1000% funded) to make these possible. Now we need your help to help us reach unit volume to fund the tooling (100 units of each reader, 300 battery chargers).
Thank you for your support!
How to add on to your pledge
1. Will I get a confirmation e-mail about my add-on when I increase my pledge? No; 2-3 weeks after the campaign ends we will begin the surveying process with Backerkit where you will be able to select your add-ons.
Battery Charger FAQ
2. Will it be able to charge off of a battery pack? Yes; the Dual Battery Charger is powered off of a simple USB plug and therefore can work off the provided power adapter or any USB power bank. We recommend finding 2 amp adapters for faster recharge rates.
3. How fast will it charge? It will charge a single battery in 1-hour when powered with the GNARBOX 2.0 Power Adapter (30W) and both batteries in 2-hours.
4. Will I be able to charge off of the GNARBOX? Currently you can charge a single battery at a time while in the GNARBOX and plugged into the wall.
5. Why do I need a Dual Battery Charger? All pledges come with an extra battery. That means you have two batteries, but currently you can only charge one at a time using the GNARBOX. Furthermore, if you were to own three total batteries you now have a 'home' for each battery.
6. Why is the price so high? We have designed a proprietary connector with a custom board, pin and enclosure design that is built to provide an optimized charging experience for your GNARBOX 2.0 batteries. It is common for aftermarket providers to develop and sell lower priced battery chargers for your various device’s rechargeable batteries though it comes with a risk of lower performance and safety for your battery charging.
7. What is the IP Rating? We’re currently still in discovery on how rugged we are able to make the battery charger though we are open to your feedback. Please take this 5 question survey to let us know what you think! [survey]
8. Will the CFast reader read CF cards and visa versa? No; the physical connectors for CF and CFast are different. CFast have a 17+7pin connector while CF cards have a 50 pin connector.
9. Will the cable be detachable? No; at this time the cables are not detachable. Let us know what you think in the comments.
Power Adapter FAQ
10. Which power adapter will I receive? We will be shipping the appropriate power adapter and tines per your shipping destination selection.
11. Will I have the option to add-on an additional power adapter? Please take the survey to let us know if this is an option you are interested in! [survey]
12. Will I be able to choose a power adapter different from my shipping destination? As of today you will be shipped US/CAN or INTERNATIONAL wall power adapters based on your shipping location. We will investigate if this should be an option. Let us know.