What are you doing with the extra money?
Whoa! It looks like we're beating the goal by more than just a little bit! I must confess I didn't actually plan out ahead of time how extra money would be used, but what a great problem to have! Here are some ideas of what could end up happening with the money:
- Lose less money - The $4000 amount was originally planned to cover the costs with little to spare! So now if making making t-shirts is more expensive than expected or something, we have some breathing room and/or can give out slightly nicer rewards!
- Glorious Trainwrecks business cards at the booth for people to take
- Setting up a webcam to livestream people playing at the kiosk!
- Hardware - depending on whether I can borrow a PC from someone in the area, I may need to ship a PC to San Francisco or buy one!
- Buy dinner at a Glorious Trainwrecks meetup/game jam?
- swag to give out. like little pirate flags or DVDs or something.
- A BIG PIRATE FLAG
- Do you have a cool idea? Leave a comment!
Here are some things the extra money WON'T be going towards:
- Buying GDC passes
- Paying GDC travel/lodging expenses
- Reimbursing Mike for costs related to the IGF Pirate Kart (if you are interested in that, the t-shirts and donation still work over at http://www.piratekart.com/igfpiratekart.html)
The Pirate Kart is well-enough funded that it's going to GDC for sure and can even afford some extras! So if I may presume to suggest how potential backers give out their money, maybe you could instead donate to OAK-U-TRON 201X! They are setting up a Winnitron-style arcade cabinet for the Oakland Rise Up Festival and making games for the event! I think that's a really freaking cool idea and they could use your help more than the Pirate Kart at this point! They only have a couple days left!