We need YOUR help! We launched this campaign to help finish the development of Glo Bible and to invite you into an amazing new future for Bible applications.
How many times have you had this experience? You're reading through Scripture and all of a sudden a passage grabs your attention - you want to read a commentary to have some questions answered or maybe hear what your favorite pastor has to say. After an online search, you're immediately overwhelmed by the hundreds of commentaries, videos, and resources available to you and you're not sure which ones to explore.
Glo Bible gathers study content from contributing ministries, churches, publishers, and pastors and puts it just a tap away for you. Linked to each verse are HD videos, pictures, sermons, commentaries, maps, virtual tours, and more. No more spending valuable time searching across multiple sources to find what you’re looking for. Just tap the verse and explore these powerful resources in app!
- Explore each verse - Thousands of multimedia resources behind every piece of Scripture.
- Premium Content - Resources from Zondervan, Intervarsity Press, Crossway, Francis Chan, and more!
- Open Source for Content Creation - You or your ministry/church can publish sermons, videos, reading plans, etc.
- Commentaries - Dive deep into each passage through a library of commentaries.
- Video - From sermons to virtual tours, we’ve got you covered.
- Fast Search - Search by theme, phrase, verse, or book to quickly find what you are looking for.
- Audio Bible - Sometimes listening to the Bible brings to light new insight.
- Share - Encourage your community by sharing verses or media.
- Reading Plans - Our reading plans help you stay on top of your daily reading.
- More to come!
Behind these incredible features is our desire to propel people’s understanding of Scripture through technology. We live in a time where technology is responsible for influencing culture and world-views in profound ways. By creating a more immersive Bible reading experience, our hope is to equip anyone to easily approach the Bible so its truths can be discovered and encountered more fully.
We need your help! Here’s where your funds will go:
- Development: Glo Bible is a very detailed app with thousands of features and content. We’ve got an amazing team of developers working on building this out but development isn’t cheap!
- Marketing: Some of the funds raised also go toward marketing the app so that it gets in the hands of users like you all over the world.
- Content: In order to provide you the richest experience possible, a portion of our funds raised will go towards acquiring and licensing more content.
We will be ready to launch Glo Bible for iOS early 2016 and for Android and Web by Easter 2016 (to be clear, initially we'll be launching on 3 platforms, web, iOS and android). More platforms may be announced in the future as we get feedback from you and the funding allows.
We know there are a ton of amazing causes and companies to support these days. Given that Glo is an app, these incentives are a simple way for us to say thank you for partnering with us to help get this project done now! First 500 people to back us get early access to the new Glo Bible.
Detailed reward shots
- Back the project - We would be forever grateful for any contribution to make this happen!
- Spread the word - If you are as excited about this project as we are, tell your community! We've made it easy for you here!
- Become a Content Partner - We are always looking for more people to partner with to provide the best content we can get our hands on.
Risks and challenges
While Glo Bible already has thousands of resources built in, much of its power lies in what is created by content partners - churches, pastors, ministries, artists, and publishers. Our heart is to see fresh, incredible content pouring in from all over the world. That said, there are a fair share of obstacles in the way of getting the greater Church body to collaborate. The fact alone that there are tens of thousands of denominations overwhelms us sometimes.
Along with that, there is a notion that younger generations lack Bible literacy or interest. Content providers can be reluctant to pour resources into technologies that younger generations may be more inclined. Yet, that is why this app is so important. We feel that Glo Bible is the exact outlet to provide everything needed to enhance the Bible reading experience for people of all ages.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)