About this project
Glideware is a revolutionary kitchen organizing device that allows you to hang your pots and pans inside of your cabinet and display them only when YOU want to. This patent pending accessory improves accessibility, organizes your cabinets and extends your Ware.
It began with a problem that we all share. We were tired of digging around and unloading an entire cabinet of pans just to get to the one we needed. We were not satisfied with the options that were available; hanging them in the middle of our kitchen or stacking them in a pull out drawer. So we began working on the solution and came up with something that far exceeded our expectations. Not only did we solve the storage problem while keeping our cookware out of sight, we created an accessory that makes the cookware completely accessible to everyone, organizes the cabinet and extends the life of your cookware.
PERFECTING THE PROTOTYPE:
We have worked with some of the best professionals in the industry to incorporate our universal attachment mount, the 100lb rated glides, developing our custom hooks and completing our prototype.
The final prototype was produced using a CNC machine for all of the precision cuts and to ensure the highest quality fit of all of the components. Did we mention, this product is made and assembled right here IN THE USA!?
EXPERTLY ENGINEERED AND BUILT TO LAST:
- High-end, cabinet/furniture grade construction
- Solid, clear maple body
- Solid metal, custom-made hooks
- Gliding hardware designed with a 100lb load rating
- Slides built to smoothly fully extend – no bumps or skipping
- Size: 22-1/2” L (can be cut to 21-1/4”), 4-1/4” W, 3” H
- Install into new or existing cabinets
- Can be installed in under drawer cabinets
- Utilize small or single cabinets and get the most out of your space
- Allows you to easily add or remove hooks as needed
- Easily replaces your shelf or pull out drawer
RESPECTFUL OF THE ENVIRONMENT:
- Made with sustainable materials
- Body and hook support made from sustainable wood
- Currently working on a chain of custody to obtain FSC certification
- Hooks and glides are made from Zinc, a natural material
- A low VOC sealer is used on wood components
NOT JUST FOR COOKWARE...GLIDEWARE-EVERYWHERE!
- Great for your pantry storage—hang your broom, mop, dustpan, and aprons out of sight
- Neatly organize your closet by hanging ties, belts, scarves, and handbags
- Clean up your shop and garage by hanging oddly shaped tools, gardening items, and hardware
- Be creative and come up with your own solutions to your organizing challenges
Thank you so much for your support! We will not let you down.
Risks and challenges
Unexpected obstacles are possible with any project. We have worked very hard to ensure that we have created a product that is ready for manufacturing. The manufacturing methods used to prototype Glideware are the same that will be used in production. The manufacturing will be by preferred manufacturers here in the USA so that we can monitor quality and schedule. We have included a holiday contingency in our schedule to allow for extra time with shipping and delivery due to the completion of the manufacturing during the holiday season.
All backers will receive our production schedule and a weekly update on our progress (unless you opt out).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Yes, by simply removing your fixed or pull out shelving, Glideware easily can be installed into your existing cabinets in just minutes.
Yes, Glideware easily installs to the rail underneath the drawer on the front of the cabinet and to the back of the cabinet using Glideware's Patent Pending universal bracket. (Every Glideware unit comes with all of the mounting hardware that you need and easily installs in minutes)
Measure the distance between the bottom of the shelf and the bottom of the cabinet floor and subtract 5". This will give you the dimension of the largest pan/handle that Glideware will accommodate in the open space (be sure to measure your pan from the eyelet in the handle to the outside of the pan)
See photo above of green cabinet with Glideware installed with a drawer above.
We have received several questions about the lids so we decided to share how we personally store our lids. (we will be posting pictures to our project Update's soon)
There may be a solution coming soon from Glideware, hint, hint..... In the mean time, the lids can be stored beneath your cookware in the cabinet laying flat and easily accessible, without stacking them on top of each other.
Yes, Glideware is as easy to uninstall as it is to install. (only 4 screws)
Yes, just hang your cookware from smallest to largest and you will be surprised at how Glideware accommodates your cookware. You do not need a new set or a matching set with Glideware.
Yes, Glideware is rated to hold up to 100 pounds. As long as your cookware does not exceed 100 pounds, Glideware will work for you.
On the right hand column of our campaign page, just click the green pledge button near the top "Back this Project". It will take you to a page to confirm and then you can purchase securely online. Finally, IF our campaign reaches our $30k goal or above, you will be charged for your purchase, we will confirm through Kickstarter and keep you posted on its delivery.
Support this project
- (33 days)