Miner's Lagoon is a Worker Placement & Resource Management board game for 2-4 Players, with highly strategic and competitive gameplay, a great theme, and beautiful illustrations.
As the CEO of a mining corporation, you are attempting to become the most successful one in the Lagoon. To this end, you will navigate the Lagoon to build a team of miners and merchants, open up galleries, mine and process ores, make shipments, buy equipment, buy artifacts and close deals to score the most Victory Points.
- Worker Placement: With 2 different types of workers - Miners and Merchants - you will have to plan your recruitment. More workers mean more actions but you will also have to pay salaries to your workers every 3 rounds!
- Resource Management: 4 types of resources - Gold, Iron, Copper, Silver - and their Enriched versions along with money management is the key to victory.
- Engine Building: Equipment cards offer various advantages. Some of them make it possible to perform some actions without having to go to the related islands, while other cards provide opportunities that are not available on the board.
- Enrichment: Enrichment Center adds a lot of Strategy and player interaction to the game. You can buy your opponents' enriched resources to complete your deals. This will cost you money but will also undermine your opponents' plans.
- No Blocking: Unlike most of the Worker Placement Games, there is no action-blocking in Miner's Lagoon. You can only make things harder for your opponents as it will require an additional Merchant to perform an action that is already performed by another player within the same round.
- Different Paths to Victory: Objective cards provide different opportunities and different paths to Victory Points. With 2 hidden Objectives, all players will try to achieve different objectives to score extra Victory Points at the end of the game.
- Replay Value: Each game will be different with all-unique Objectives, Equipment, Corporations and Deals.
More details about phases and actions can be found in the rulebook.
For this project, we are not able to ship to Brazil and Russia due to lost parcels and delivery problems.
We will be using different fulfillment centers all over the world to minimize the shipping costs. Backers in US, EU, Canada and Australia will not pay VAT for their games.
Risks and challenges
Miner's Lagoon is Gizco International's fourth Kickstarter project. GG and Undermine were funded successfully and shipped to backers within the promised timeframe.
Miner's Lagoon is well-tested and well-balanced. For the past 2 years, we kept testing the game with different player groups. The graphic design is complete and the art is final. Box and instructions are near final and we plan to finalize them right after the Kickstarter.
We have manufactured over 6000 copies of GG and 2000 copies of Undermine for our previous Kickstarter projects and we are constantly in touch with our manufacturers. We have made all the necessary arrangements for this Kickstarter as well. We assure you that we will do our best to deliver this game until August 2019!
Most importantly, if something does go wrong, we will keep everyone in the loop as the project moves forward and comes to market. This game will exist because you all will have made it happen.
Thank you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)