Use them both... they have different purposes
The GrillGun: A 400,000+ BTU torch that looks really cool!
Everyone desires the great taste and health benefits of charcoal grilling, but they're are put off by how insufferably long it takes to start the grill. Don't settle for Gas Grilling... cook over charcoal and use the GrillGun to light it!
The Su-V Gun: A shorter barrel and more focused intense flame for searing meat.
The GrillGun also has multiple uses beyond just lighting charcoal grills and smokers, works great for anything you need high heat and fire: lighting chimineas, outdoor fireplaces, campfires, bonfires, etc. It may just become the most popular utility torch available.
Guga "Sous Vide Everything" Loves the GrillGun
"T-Roy Cooks" - Loves the GrillGun
"Fire and Water Cooking" - Competition: Lighting a Charcoal Grill
"Fire and Water Cooking" - Competition: Searing Meat w/ GrillGun
"Fire and Water Cooking" - Comparison: GrillGun vs Su-VGun
The BBQ Pit Boys use the GrillGun
Kickstarter works like this:
- YOU decide how much money you want to spend to back the project
- YOU decide which premiums you would like to receive in return for your support
- YOU back the project and select the premium(s) you want... it's that simple
Here are the "Rewards"
Look through them and decide what you are interested, then mash the "Back this project" button and then choose your level of support. You may choose any quantity and combination of rewards you might like to have!
If you are outside the USA have heart, you too can receive a GrillGun or Su-VGun, you'll just have to pay the shipping from the US. Once the campaign has ended, we will work to find the very best possible shipping, and duty rates to keep your costs down and bill you separately.
(GEEK speak... if you don't want to read a bunch of tech stuff, scroll on down.)
So I'm an engineer and I decided enough is enough. If I was ever going to have my Dream Torch, I was going to have to design it and build it myself, so I started with a list of design criteria.
So it had to:
- have a built in spark igniter, for safety and convenience. CHECK!
- be really hot to get the charcoal going super fast, 400,000+ BTU. CHECK!
- be more efficient than other high power torches. CHECK!
- run on small portable propane bottles for portability. CHECK!
- attach to economical 20lb propane tanks for stationary use. CHECK!
- completely consume its fuel and produce an entirely blue flame. CHECK!
- be made of high-quality materials and last a long time. CHECK!
- be easy and intuitive to operate. CHECK!
- be able to be used safely. CHECK! (See "Safety" section below)
- be fun and able to be used spontaneously when friends dropped by. CHECK!
- look really cool, so that friends would see it and want one too. CHECK!
This was a tall order, but the resulting GrillGun hits every one of these marks. Consequently is the only torch of its kind. Nothing else out there has all these design elements. It's an amazing tool that you'll want on your birthday list, Father's Day list, Graduation list, Christmas list.. It's truly a "Best in Class" torch.
Watch me light the grill, cook hamburgers and put out the charcoal in under 8 minutes. It's worth it just to hear it roar and see it in action and in real time. The next three videos step you through the process.
Video 1 - Setup the Charcoal to grill and explain the process - 53 seconds
Video 2 - Light the charcoal, heat up the grill, start cooking - 3 min 53 sec
Video 3 - Cook the Burgers, put out the fire - 2 min, 8 sec
Helpful tip: My wife doesn't tell me to start the grill until she has everything ready to go on it; otherwise I'm just wasting charcoal.
Fun, Time, Taste, Health and Happiness
Fun - It's hard to describe how fun it is to operate a GrillGun and use it to start all types of fires. It is lightweight, comfortable to hold and easy to use, plus it looks and sounds like a jet airplane.
Time - Now you can wait for your friends to arrive before you start the grill, because whenever you want dinner, you just start the grill and your cooking in minutes instead of half an hour or more.
Taste and Health - The output from the GrillGun is fully consumed propane gas, in other words, pure fire, pure heat, no hydrocarbon contamination from any petrochemicals poured onto your charcoal or emitted from your gas grill burners. This makes for the best tasting, most healthy, most beneficial hardwood charcoal grilling available.
Happiness - Happiness comes from true friendships. The GrillGun facilitates friendships on a multitude of levels -- visiting with friends on the porch while the grill is sizzling and the kids are playing, camping at the lake with your children and grand-children, tailgating with college friends before the big game, the romantic dinner for two under the moon-lit night sky, it just makes you feel good.
We've collected numerous Google reviews and video testimonials. We've shown it to strangers, friends, and family. asking them all to give us online reviews. You can find all of them or at GrillBlazer.com, some of which I've linked to this campaign for your enjoyment, as they tell you what people think, directly from their hearts... Happy watching!
The GrillGun is a very powerful torch. For safe operation, follow these simple rules:
- The Grill Gun can potentially burn anything up to 5 feet from its fire bell (flame end) when it is lit and fully operating. Always be responsible to allow plenty of space around you and the GrillGun when using it.
- Always use the GrillGun outdoors in a well-ventilated area. The Su-V Gun can be used indoors, but with careful attention to ensuring the gas is shut off completely when not in use searing meat, and that you're not using it on or near any flammable surfaces.
- The fire bell will get very hot within moments of use. Allow plenty of time for the fire bell to cool down before touching it or laying it down on a melt-able or flammable surface. The GrillGun is sold with a stand and a hanging ring so it can either be stood up or hung in an upright position to cool.
- If children are present when the GrillGun is cooling after use, disconnect the propane and hang the GrillGun out of reach to prevent accidental burns or mishandling by the curious.
- Always teach someone how to properly operate a GrillGun before allowing them to handle it. Only allow someone to use it, if they respect its power and will operate it safely.
- As with any powerful tool, keep the GrillGun and its propane bottles safely stored out of reach of children and other untrained, unwise people.
- When the GrillGun is not in use, it is always safest to separate the GrillGun from the propane.
GrillBlazer is a company focused on giving you top quality outdoor grilling accessories, the GrillGun and the Su-VGun being the first of many to come. Our company is dedicated to giving you the best and most well-designed products possible. Beyond justs making cool products, our company is dedicated to fostering healthy human interactions that build community.
Over the past 12 months we studied the market, human interaction, and the competition, in order to rise to the level of excellence, that you would expect from a company that intends make 40 million charcoal grillers happy over the next several years.
You can tell we did our homework right if you watch the reviews on this site, as well as many more at GrillBlazer.com. The amount of product research and market research that we did will pay dividends in the future for both our backers and for us.
Our manufacturing companies are is ready to go. All we need is your support. So how soon can we deliver the "Ultimate Grill Torch... The GrillGun" to you or to someone(s) in your life?
For my whole life, I've been an entrepreneur bottled up as a businessman and an engineer, working for other successful companies and start-ups. Now I'm taking my years of practical experience and applying everything I've learned to this new venture.
My career has been focused on bringing high quality products to market. From fish-finders to wind turbines and solar panels, from Non-Profits startups to cattle ranching, my range of product development experience and business development is far reaching. I have successfully coordinated new product development all over the world - across the US, China, India, Australia, and the UK. Now it's time to build a really fun business that serves an under-served and very-deserving population: the Charcoal Griller!
Our manufacturing companies need a minimum financial commitment from us to get started on a large manufacturing run.
Manufacturing and administrative costs for starting a company capable of producing and delivering products like the GrillGun require an enormous amount of capital. Traditional investment firms, Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors have no frame of reference for funding a project like this since are no similar products out there.
The crowdfunding platform offers many backers, "risk free", the ability to support new and innovative ideas like this one. As long as we entrepreneurs are honest with you, then you have no risk, and I am honest through and through.
We have to start somewhere and Kickstarter seems like a perfect match. Please back us and spread the word.
Risks and challenges
The only real risk associated with this campaign is that we might not get enough backers in the allotted time to make it happen. Really that's it. As hard as that is to imagine, if people don't get the word out and the campaign doesn't make its minimum, then the GrillGun will have to find another way to the market which will likely be much slower and more expensive.
Backers are at no risk in this campaign. As you well know, if the campaign minimum is not met, then all the backers get their money back, and no one gets a GrillGun. If it does reach the required threshold, then we are off and running, and if you've opted for a premium in which you receive a GrillGun, then you receive what you wanted.
This isn't wishful thinking here. The GrillGun works, and the manufacturer is ready to work out production kinks and then produce in them in high volume. We have geared up for very high volume manufacturing so everyone will be happy. All we need now is financial support to "get-r-done". That's not to say that we're naive about start-up delays and we fully expect to have our fair share of them, but we've baked that into the calendar in our delivery estimates, so we don't anticipate coming back to you asking for forgiveness and patience.
As the founder of GrillBlazer, I can tell you with great confidence that I've been doing this sort of new product development for decades for other companies that I've worked for, so I know the pitfalls and how to avoid them, this is not my first rodeo.
BobLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)