About this project
THANK YOU KICKSTARTERS!!
Come join us on our Facebook page for more updates, fun and news!
RETAILERS: Want to sell Mimic Miniatures at your store and be the coolest shop in your city? Email us at email@example.com
PLEASE SHARE: We'd love your help to make Mimic Miniatures (MM) successful. Please help us spread the word by sharing MM on your favorite websites and social media pages.
FAQs: Please see our FAQ section below for additional answers.
SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN to see all available classes. We've endeavored to make Mimic Miniatures as affordable as possible. As such, we have little room to give away "free stuff". That said, we do have some fantastic stretch rewards that will unlock new classes and options!
What is Mimic Miniatures?
We'll create a personalized miniature of YOU to use in ANY RPG, table top or board game! We've also got options for our backers to get just personalized heads that they can use to customize any miniature they own.
What can I use my Miniatures for?
1. Customize your mini: Imagine your head being on your favorite space marine captain, a horde of zombies, a fantasy hero, or any other miniature you choose! Perfect for RPGs, table top minis and more.
2. YOU'RE the HERO!: Imagine coming to your gaming group with YOU as the hero - total personalization of your games.
3. Board Games: Replace "stock" gaming pieces with minis of you or put your head on your favorite board game piece (i.e. as a zombie, survivor etc).
4. Great Gift: Get your entire family as an adventuring party or get Mimic Miniatures for your friends - Christmas is just around the corner! Have a loved one? How cool would that be to him or her a mini of themselves or as a couple on a nice base with your names on it?
5. Be Creative: How about a chess set of you/your family/friends! Mimic Miniatures can be used for anything your imagination dreams of!
How it Works:
1. Choose a character class that has been unlocked (see below). After the Kickstarter campaign, send us a few photos of yourself. Using some pretty awesome technology, we'll use those photos to digitize your face/head onto the character class you choose. We then create a personalized miniature of YOU!
2. You can also select personalized heads. We'll send you your head(s) so you can customize your favorite miniatures to be you!
Mimic Miniatures are 28mm heroic scale (i.e. Warhammer size) that fits on the standard 20mm square base or 25mm round base. Se this link for a great comparison. Upon your request, we can make your mini/head smaller to fit non-heroic scale games at no charge. Each mini is carefully crafted to accurately replicate your head/face with details as small as 0.2mm (i.e. to show small bolts, eyes, etc.).
Mimic Minis are created using a high-quality hard gray resin that can be primed, painted, and customized to your liking. The resin is similar to what's found in top quality games such as Warhammer, Warmachine, Hordes etc.
Check out these author's Mimic Miniatures:
Choose a "Class Template" and/or "Head" option then the pledge level that suits your fancy. You can swap out any of the classes you ordered with any stretch goal options once they have been unlocked. Remember: the Class Templates below will have your head/face on them!
More classes will be unlocked via stretch goals including minis for kids (princess/squire/fairy/etc)!
If you'd like more minis past 4 (see pledge level: Adventuring Party) add +$20 for each additional class or get Army of Me for the most savings.
To order an Add-on, simply Pledge at a level and include the extra cost of the Add-on(s) at the time of ordering. You can include Add-ons at any time during the Kickstarter campaign by adjusting your pledge amount.
We've got a host of world famous authors backing Mimic Miniatures including Brandon Sanderson, Dave Farland/Wolverton, Tracy Hickman, Carter Reird, Laura Hickman, L.E. Modesitt, Jr., Larry Coreia, Howard Tayler, Rob Wells, Tom Carr and game designer Robert Defendi. Each have been given their own Mimic Miniature.
We've partnered with the premier miniature paint studio, Blue Table Painting (BTP), to offer an exclusive discount 10% discount to our Kickstarter backers who pledge to receive a mini (heads, one of the classes etc). After the project is completed, we'll send our backers a link to a custom order page on bluetablepainting.com. BTP will paint your mini based on what quality level you prefer and then ship your order. Learn more about BTP here.
We'll also be providing a painting guide for our backers in a future update post-kickstarter.
How we'll ship: We actually got some great advice from Blue Table regarding shipping minis. Each mini will be carefully packed for transit.
International Shipping Costs: Costs will vary based on destination. Please see below for shipping prices to be added to your pledge.
ADD $2: If you're in: Russia, Latvia, or any country in Eastern Europe.
Ordering lots of miniatures? We can fit about 5 miniatures in our shipping box. If you're ordering quite a bit of minis there may be an additional shipping charge to cover those costs.
Want to sell Mimic Miniatures at your store? Shoot us a message and we'll discuss details.
We're available for interviews. Shoot us a message!
Disclaimer: Warhammer, Warmachine, Infinity, Hordes, Malifaux, Zombicide, and all other brand names have their own respective trademarks and/or copyrights. They are used for information and comparison purposes only. Wedding pictures by Drew Olds of Garden Ninja Studio. Other Mimic Miniatures pictures by Blue Table Painting and Mimic Miniatures. Thanks to all our models!
Kick it forward!http://kickingitforward.org
Risks and challenges
1. We have previous experience with KS projects but with any project, unforseen challenges may occur, which could result in delays. We'll keep our backers informed of any changes. The delivery date shown is for the first wave of backers.We anticipate we can fulfill 1000 miniatures on or before December 21st.The date will be pushed back for second, third wave deliveries as we increase in backers.
2. Printing minis to ensure the highest detail takes time. Our commitment is to quality, though we will fulfill orders as quickly as possible.
3. Our resin is hard gray but there is a slight possibility of it being printed in another color, i.e. lighter gray, etc. This will not impact the quality of the paint job, etc.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
If I get more than one miniature class can I get different heads on there (i.e. one of me one of my wife)?
Yes. This is a free service as a special thank you to our backers.
Unfortunately no as the work process to do this makes it not feasible.
Yes, we can change the MM size to fit different games. We cannot increase a miniature's size at this time due to a substantial increase in costs.
Yes as stretch rewards and add-ons.
Unfortunately not at this time to keep costs down.
We were able to get costs down and share those with our backers and to offer more options.
No. But we have partnered with Blue Table Painting to provide painting services at a discount. Post the KS project, we'll provide information on how you can get your mini professionally painted. We highly recommend this paint studio as they've done a phenomenal job with our mins. BTP does not have a min quantity order for our KS backers. So if you just have 1 mini, they'll paint it!
We're looking at a possible stretch reward for this.
No. This is another project under the Mimic Miniatures brand which is separate from G3.
No. We already own top of the line 3d printer and have other production capabilities we'll be using.
Right now with our process the picture you send us we'll scan your facial details. We have several options for hair that you'll be able to choose from but we are working on custom hair.
Heck no! We were a hit at a recent convention we attended and will continue MM by selling personalized minis online. We haven't set the final price for that yet though. We also have plans on selling MM via retailers (i.e. you go to your favorite store and they place an order). We're working on details for that.
Right now we can grab your face from photos you'll send. At this point we'll have a selection of hair you can choose from post KS. We're working on "your" hair as a feature. Glasses we're having trouble with. We're also looking at a goggle option that may work.
Support this project
- (30 days)