YMSF USA LLC presents the first ever and fully licensed Gfantis 8 inch vinyl figure made in Japan. This project is managed by Tony Preto of Tempting Toys. Tony has been in the collectible business for over 20 years. Other collaborators include Y-MSF Japan, comic artist Matt Frank (IDW Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Transformers, Power Rangers/G-Fest contributor), modeler/painter extraordinaire Steve Ceragioli, graphic/logo designer Steve Forde (and owner of Gohero) and Daikaiju Enterprises (aka JD Lees publisher G-FAN magazine/promoter of G-FEST). As you will see below, a finished prototype by Hideyuki Nohara and Y-MSF Japan has already been created. This figure is all set to go to production in JAPAN once funded.
Y-MSF Japan has been making cool kaiju 6 & 7 inch licensed figures in Japan (and recently in China) for almost 17 years. Y-MSF focuses primarily on characters in the 6/7 inch scale which other companies often overlook and never produce. Their exceptional sculpting process sets their figures apart from figures of the same character produced by other companies. With 27 figures (in a slew of color variations) and counting we are please to be working with them to bring this long overdue awesome 8 inch Gfantis figure to you.
Daikaiju Enterprises (DKE) is the publisher of G-FAN magazine, the world’s only journal devoted to giant movie monsters, especially those hailing from Japan. DKE also hosts the annual collectors convention known as G-FEST, attracting over 2500 monster fans for a weekend celebration of the genre. In 1999 they commissioned the creation of their own Kaiju, Gfanti
- $25 Art Print drawn by Matt Frank 11" x 17" (28cm x 43cm)
- $25 GFANTIS Figure Project T-shirt (S, M, L, & XL)
- $30 GFANTIS Figure Project T-shirt (XXL & XXXL)
- $85 GFANTIS 1.0 7 inch GRAY sample figure based on our unreleased first figure
- $85 GFANTIS 1.0 7 inch BLACK sample figure based on our unreleased first figure
- $90 GFANTIS 2.0 8 inch figure unpainted MADE IN JAPAN.
- $95 GFANTIS 2.0 8 inch figure painted and MADE IN JAPAN.
- $125 GFANTIS 2.0 8 inch Translucent figure with metallic paint apps. (Kickstarter Exclusive)
- $350 ALL IN. Includes the art print, t-shirt (any size), GFANTIS 2.0 8 inch figure, the unpainted GFANTIS 2.0 8 inch figure, and the translucent Kickstarter Exclusive GFANTIS 2.0 figure. Due to their limited nature items NOT INCLUDED are the 1.0 Black & Gray 7 inch figure samples and the 1.0 7 inch figure painted by Steve Ceragioli.
- $1,000 Y-MSF Japan vault figure gift pack which includes 5 previously produced Y-MSF figures. 2 t-shirts, 2 GFANTIS 2.0 figurs, 2 unpainted GFANTIS 2.0 figures,
- $1,250 Resin copy of Gfantis 2.0 prototype MADE IN JAPAN
- $1,500 Resin copy of Gfantis 2.0 prototype MADE IN JAPAN painted by Steve Ceragioli
GFANTIS PRINT - While our prototype is done and available for you to see below, our Gfantis art print by Matt Frank is still a work in progress. This allows us to have updates during the campaign. Please check back to see the progress! Prints are available for $25.
HAZMAT GFANTIS T-SHIRT - So many people told us at Gfest how awesome our Gfantis shirts were. Now if you chance to own them again! Sizes Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large at $25. Sizes Doubles XL and Triple XL T-shirts are $30. If you select a pledge reward for a figure you can add in the proper amount in order to get a shirt. Sometime after the end of the campaign you will have a chance to tell us what size shirt you want.
GFANTIS 1.0 6" FIGURE SAMPLES GRAY & BLACK - Before this Kickstarter, we previously created a 7" version of Gfantis. We've saved several samples of that 7" figure and are offering them here. These are the best samples we've managed to put together (and while they are not perfect they are indeed unique). 10 are available in grey and 10 are available in black. If you select this reward and would like to add other items such as t-shirts or 8" Gfantis figures please add in the proper funds at the time of your pledge. Sometime after the end of the campaign you will have a chance to tell us what size shirt you want.
GFANTIS 2.0 - 8 INCH FIGURE
There are several versions of the 2.0 8 inch Gfantis figure available:
1. An unpainted version of the figure is available for $90 - This is our ISOTOPE option.
2. A fully painted version of the figure is available for $95 - This is our URANIUM option.
3. A Kickstarter Exclusive version produced in translucent orange with metallic paint apps. is also available for $125 - This is our PLUTONIUM option.
ADDING ADDITIONAL REWARDS TO YOUR PLEDGE
Often times during a Kickstarter campaign, people want to purchase more than what is available in any given pledge level. You will also be able to do this here for many of our items. For example, if you pledge for a 1 fully painted Gfantis figure, but would also like to purchase a t-shirt, simply add in the proper amount of funds (either $25 or $30 depending on size) to your pledge amount. Sometime after the Kickstarter is over, we will contact you and give you a chance to allocate any extra funds you may have added in for t-shirts, prints or additional figures. IF you ARE one of the lucky people who for example selected a 1.0 6 inch figure sample or the hand painted sample you can add additional funds to your rewards to obtain 2.0 8 inch figures. Once again, after the campaign ends you will be given an opportunity to tell us which 8 inch figures you wanted (either unpainted, painted or an exclusive - or perhaps all 3) just be sure to add in the proper amount for each item once you make your pledge.
EXCEPTIONS - If you were not one of the lucky people who were able to select either of our 1.0 7 inch figure samples or any item limited to just 1 backer, you will not be able to add those on later. Those are limited due to available quantities.
KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE FIGURE - We are also offering the chance to own a figure which will only be made available during this Kickstarter campaign. This is the 8 inch Gfantis figure produced in translucent/clear orange vinyl and will have metallic paint applications. These figures are available at a cost of $125 each. All color renders by Sean McGuiness.
STRETCH GOAL - If we are able to reach the $12,000 mark on this campaign we will be able to produce our glow in the dark "aka NUCLEAR GLOW" 8 inch Gfantis figure. Once this figure if unlocked you will be able to add additional funds to your pledge to gain access to this reward. Remember, you can change you pledge amount at any time during the campaign.
Daikaiju Enterprises LTD., copyright 1999 - 2019. GFANTIS name and likeness used with permission.
Risks and challenges
We are only asking a fraction of the cost of production and our partner in Japan (Y-MSF Japan) has a 16 year track record of following through once a figure has been green lit for production. As you can see the prototype is finished and we are all lined up to go to production in JAPAN. Your only risk is time and that's why the turn around is 12 months. However, release time might be earlier, but we need buffer just in case of unanticipated delays, etc. We will continuously keep our backers updated on our progress with updates, etc.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)