Necroboomicon: the first expansion for Two Rooms and a Boom!
Necroboomicon is the first expansion to Two Rooms and a Boom, the party game that is always a blast. Think of it as Two Rooms and a Boom on HARD MODE!
We wanted to make our first expansion special so we focused on four things that we thought would make the game incredibly fun for old fans and new fans alike:
- Character cards inspired by the master of horror, H.P. Lovecraft (we're talking the Cthulhu Mythos, here).
- Enhanced tension and play for seasoned Boomers (peeps that enjoy playing Two Rooms).
- Introduces and encourages color sharing when playing with fewer than 11 players.
- Specifically designed to make Two Rooms just as fun with few players. Only have 6 players? NO PROBLEM!
The concept is super simple—add Necroboomicon to your base game of Two Rooms and a Boom to create an evening of a Lovecraftian Horror Mystery. Suspicion and tension abounds.
"Just nine cards?" you say? Yes. The most terrifying nine plastic character cards ever. If you're familiar with Two Rooms and a Boom, you're aware that just one character can change the entire game. Multiply that by nine, and your mortal mind will begin to comprehend the dire corruption these characters will inflict upon your feeble friends.
The player standing next to you, that player you think you can trust, could actually be an Elder God (like, say, Yog-Sothoth) with the power to end the game instantly. Everyone is free to share information with the players in the same room, but sharing too much just may complete the summoning ritual for YOUR DOOM!
If you are unfamiliar with the base game of Two Rooms and a Boom, or you don't trust us when we tell you the game is fun, here are some words some reviewers' mouths said. Click the images for links to the full reviews and/or videos.
$5 Gets you the foil pack expansion with 9 high quality plastic character cards. Just remember: this game requires a copy of Two Rooms and a Boom.
$25 Gets you the expansion and a copy of the base game Two Rooms and a Boom. Now that's a deal! Why? Because Two Rooms normally costs $25. Now you're getting a copy AND we are throwing in the Necroboomicon expansion for FREE. Shipping rates still apply.
$50 Gets you the expansion and a signed copy of the base game Two Rooms and a Boom. Alan and Sean will write you a personal message on your game. This is limited to just 100 copies to celebrate Kickstarter's Make/100 thingy that they're doing. What will the personal message be? Who knows?!?
We don't have any! "What the poop?!?" Yeah, sorry about that. The truth is that stretch goals are a great way to entice people into sharing this project with others. But this expansion pack is DONE as is. We're talking about a foil pack with 9 beautiful plastic cards. Yeah, plastic... just like in the original game. That means these babies are damage resistant and waterproof. That means that you can play in the pool! This also means that if one room is the shallow end, and the other is the deep end, the deep end gets some exercise while playing. Pledge in the name of fitness!
Legal Note: Tuesday Knight Games is not responsible for drowning or injuries received during play of our games.
Still bummed about no stretch goals? Sorry, but we may have a mysterious trick up our sleeves. As a "please share this project with your friends even though we don't have stretch goals" apology, we are also including a mystery bonus! Yeah! I'm not just making this up. You'll get your expansion and say, "Where is this mystery?" Then after fiddling around with your expansion pack for awhile, you realize..."WHOA! This is a most excellent mystery! This was way better than stretch goals."
Tuesday Knight Games will always do our best to keep you informed of the progress of your games. We will do this in several ways:
- Official updates here on Kickstarter. These updates will always be on a Tuesday and at least once a month.
- "Mini" updates on the comment section here on Kickstarter. Ask a question in the comment section, and Sean or I will do our best to answer it in a timely fashion.
- Private messages (PM) - Send me a message here through Kickstarter and I'll answer!
- Tuesday Knight Podcast - We do a weekly podcast in which we provide updates, insights into running a small independent game company, and other games we've been playing.
- Newsday Night Newsletter - Free games and updates straight to your inbox? Yep. With every issue we send a free game along with a big Tuesday Knight Games announcement.
- Facebook - Have you heard of Facebook? We have.
- Twitter - If you think we talk too much, Twitter is perfect for you.
- Board Game Geek - Play Two Rooms and a Boom online!
Risks and challenges
Tuesday Knight Games is a company run by two friends. Yeah, they get on one another's nerves due to trying to run a company, but they've learned a few things about publishing a game.
Delays are always a big challenge. But Sean McCoy and I (Alan Gerding) have learned from our previous mistakes publishing Two Rooms and a Boom. This time, we already have the art and design finished. We even had "pre-release" copies made to send to reviewers. This means we can GUARANTEE that you will get your copies of #Necroboomicon on schedule (pending some unforeseen tragedy...like pirates, murder, or Elder God damnation). So the biggest challenge for us will always be proving that we've learned our lessons by ensuring that our backers get their high quality games on schedule.
There is a chance that not all players will enjoy Two Rooms and a Boom, or especially this expansion of Necroboomicon. People are like snowflakes, each totally different. This is one of the reasons that we put so many dang character cards in the base game. Character cards greatly change the way the game is played, making Two Rooms more of a game system than a game itself. So while there is no character that every snowflake will love, there is a character for every snowflake to love. Necroboomicon is for those hardcore snowflakes that don't mind losing in an instant.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)