This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, May 20 2019 12:45 PM UTC +00:00.
We've done a lot of work to get to this stage, including developing new technologies, game play, and prototypes for physical activities. But your help is still needed for us to push through the final stages of the kit's design and manufacturing processes.
And by supporting us in this campaign, you'll be able to get one of the first copies of the Rubu Activity Kit ever made. You'll also play a part in building valuable momentum that will help our company develop more creativity inspiring experiences for kids everywhere.
We’re introducing three original Rubu Activity Kits for our awesome Kickstarter backers!
Each kit contains everything kids need to play and get creative. Adventure Kit #2 and #3 have unique features we’re prototyping, which makes them extra cool.
The Rubu Adventure Kit uses Augmented Reality to transform screen time into creative, hands-on play. Here's a more in-depth look!
- Helps guide kids through missions.
- Secret codes and hints will help during game play.
- Kids progress from more guided creative activities to more open ones.
- Game play features a variety of fun, physical interactions that are used to solve puzzles.
- Wordless game play encourages kids to form their own interpretations & retell their stories.
- Augmented reality technology allows kids to interact with their devices in ways that mimic toy play.
- We're finding this gesture based form of interaction in 3D space to be far more immersive than tapping on a screen.
- Kids refer to this physical map to orient themselves and locate their next missions.
- A fun and tactile way to navigate!
- These collectible cards utilize Computer Vision technology and allow kids to customize Rubu.
- Inspires curiosity as kids experiment with cards in different game play situations.
Kids are clearly attracted to devices like iPads and tablets, but digital content isn't as enriching as it could be. Which is why parents encourage physical play, like toys, drawing, and colouring. Our goal was to combine the engagement of digital devices with the meaningfulness of physical play to create a magical experience for kids.
We believe we did just that. By combining digital and physical play, we brought out the best of both mediums, and developed an experience for kids that encourages play and nurtures creativity.
Along the way we’ve secured funding from the Canada Media Fund and Ontario Creates who validated and supported our approach. With their support, we were able to assemble an eclectic team to realize our collective vision.
Fast forward to now. The Rubu Adventure Kit is ready to launch. We truly believe we’re introducing children to a new world of play.
So from the whole Gepeto team (and Rubu!) we thank you for your support, and we’re excited for you to join the adventure.
Risks and challenges
Our aim is to manufacture a high quality product that’s environmentally responsible and within budget. To achieve this, we are working with trusted advisors who have helped us estimate the realistic timeframe required for production; this valued partnership will assist in bringing the Rubu Adventure Kit to life. We don’t anticipate any major delays, but if any arise, we’ll contact our backers immediately and keep everyone in the loop.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter