GeoThings: Built-in GPS and mobile,solar, Arduino compatible
GeoThings: Built-in GPS and mobile,solar, Arduino compatible
GeoThings: built-in GPS and mobile connection, solar powered, cloud-powered, ultra low consumption and Arduino compatible IoT board
GeoThings: built-in GPS and mobile connection, solar powered, cloud-powered, ultra low consumption and Arduino compatible IoT board Read more
WHAT IS IT GEOTHINGS?
GeoThings is a powerful platform for creating outdoor internet-connected sensors and hardware. It comes with a GPS, arduino-compatibility, solar power, and internet cloud connection. It takes your DIY projects to the next level and it’s a powerful tool for education and creativity. This little and lightweight board, ultra-low power consumption, solar powered contains a board microprocessor and a mobile microprocessor. It is fully arduino compatible and there are more than 200 compatible sensors.
You can integrate your device or app with our GeoThings Cloud Platform API and develop your own Mobile App using our libraries. Or just use GeoApp, our mobile App.
It’s easy to use and with a few steps you can start using it and obtaining data on your mobile from any sensor with minimum knowledge.
Each Geothings device comes preloaded with a GeoThings Global SIM card and 3 months of our basic data plan (1MB/month ).
If you need more data, that's fine too; we have brilliant carrier partners in place to provide affordable connectivity.
ENERGY INDEPENDENT DEVICE
GeoThings is powered by very efficient solar energy cells and is an ultra-low power consumption board. You can run sensors comfortably without worrying about charging or batteries. Advanced low level software provides an autonomous & energy efficient platform.
GeoThings makes it easy to connect the outdoor things in your physical world to the Internet. You can monitor, control, automate, and have a lot of fun with them from anywhere - at home, office, or on the go.
Our open source apps library gets you playing with the GeoThings quickly. The apps link Geothings to services online and other devices. Thousands of projects can be built quickly, providing fun and interesting geo data, pictures and videos.
GEOTHINGS CLOUD PLATFORM
Our Geothings Cloud Platform is our online tool that allows you to work with our API rest and mobile apps, interact with IFTTT etc.. It enables you to see your realtime Geodata using the web, and the data can be private or public.
Our Cloud platform is available for FREE in a basic account, for all those who will help us with this project they'll get a Premium account as long as our SIM card is used to collect the data or if not with a small annual payment. See our demo.
We love Arduino world, and Geothings is built to the same standard. Your Arduino sketches and development will operate on your Geothings too.
GEOAPP POTENTIAL IS LIMITLESS
GeoThings is a platform IoT mashups. If you want to mash up outdoor sensors plus online cloud services, Geothings is the best in class platform. Existing apps are:
- Tracks your cat, dog or pet; sends you a message if the pet strays outside your garden boundaries
- Cloud interface with full control of the Geothings board Monitor your garden soil; turn on warning message for dry soil, “time to water” conditions, or just opening irrigation valve automatically or remotely
- Monitor your swimming pool water; turn on water filter warning to your smartphone
- Monitor UV rays, turn on high UV warning from your Geothings weather station outside Configure Geothings as you meteorological station, and contribute your weather station readings to crowdsourced meteorology online
- Monitor your boat, car, truck or other mobile property. Setup Remote Security by configuring warnings on movement or location, …
IT WORKS WITH A LOT OF THINGS
Geothings works with all Outdoor Things. Small, almost invisible, solar powered, GPS powered, and mobile chip linked. It easily attaches to cars, trucks, gardens, boats, pets, wildlife, helium balloons, floating devices, waterproof. Remote travel projects is thrilling and easy. Mountains, wind, pollution, stratosphere, birds, trees, trips, sea, travel, … project kits are easy to assemble and launch.
Size and Weight
- Weight: 19.1 grams (0.67 oz.)
- Size: 40x45x9mm (1.5×1.7×0.4″)
- ATmega328P processor @16MHz 5V
- Pre-loaded standard Arduino Duemilanove bootloader, no custom firmware needed
- 100% Arduino compatible Arduino IDE support (any IDE version on OSX/Windows/Linux)
Peripherals and I/Os
- At least 4 Digital & 5 Analog arduino pins, 5V and 3.3V regulated power outputs for sensors
- Free GeoApp API access and free mobile monitoring APP
- Free GeoApp development kit (for mobile and tablets)
- Built-in GPS and 2G/3G chips
- Built-in antennas (GPS and 2G/3G), no need for external antennas
- Battery protection circuit, no need for external solar battery board
- Rainproof case and solar panel included in all packages
- 1000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery included
Free GeoApp API access and free mobile monitoring APP Free GeoApp development kit
Power Management System
- Charging via micro USB from computer system or power adapter (Solar power)
- Autonomy in communication: several years
- Autonomy in sleep mode: up to 10 years 1000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery Built-in lithium-ion battery charger
- Charging via solar panel 5V@100ma, USB from computer system
- Battery protection circuit (Over Current, Over Charge, Over Discharge, Cutoff security)
- 5V/500mA and 3.3V/200mA regulated power outputs for prototyping board
VERY EASY SET-UP PROCESS
1. Create your account at GeoThings.io
2. Upload your Arduino sketch to the device and plug any sensor
3. Download GeoThings App from App Store
It is done!
After a few minutes you will be receiving information on your mobile.
Free M2M Mobile plan included
Mobile access is free the first 3 months for early adopters. Don’t worry with expensive Mobile plan contracts, GeoThings comes with a free mobile M2M SIM with a 3 months 1 MB/month plan included this is enough for getting tens of thousands reports from sensors in a year. The GeoThings SIM will work on both 2G and 3G networks. All plans are month-to-month and can be canceled at any time. You get 3-months of data free when you back us. After that, our plans start at $1.99 per month and work in over more than 100 countries.
The possibilities are, basically, infinite. There are more than 200 GeoThings compatible sensors:
- Accelerometer, Position, Gyro & IMU Sensors
- Arduino Switches & Physical Input/buttons
- Cameras & Vision
- Joystick sensors
- Medical, pulse, pressure, oxygen sensors
- Distance/Range Sensors & Object Detection
- Environmental Sensors
- Motion, detection Sensors
- Light, UV, Color Sensors
- Voltage & Current Sensors
- Contamination sensors
- Gas sensors
- Water sensors
- Position sensors
- Agricultural sensors
With integrated GPS and mobile connectivity, you can measure anything anywhere! You can also track any animal or moving object, interact with the GeoThings, open/close valves remotely, having fun!
- Spider type holder
- Suction glass
- Rectangle - Double sided suction
- Bike mount (bike, car, animal, toy, …)
Geothings would not have been a reality without the support of the employees of HispaVista America Inc and HispaVista SL.
Elosegui brothers Paul, Unai and Jon are engineers. Paul, who has lived and worked in London for 25 years now, holds a PhD in robotics from the University of Oxford and worked at AEA Technology. He has written extensively about robotics for multiple publications. Jon has UK citizenship and is an electrical engineer. Unai is the CEO of the company HispaVista Labs with offices around the world. The three of them add up to several decades of combined expertise in the hardware and internet industries.
- ARDUINO, SIGFOX, Atmel, ATMega, Android, Apple and Wi-Fi are registered trademarks. The above trademarks and all other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Video: Biok Studio
- Scenario: Aia Pagoeta, Diputación Foral de Guipuzcoa
- 3D printing: Domotek
- Support: Spri, Diputación Foral de Guipuzcoa
Risks and challenges
We have put a high limit of 190.000 $ in order to be able to achieve enough amount of units, to have an attractive price for a DIY kit, with educational and experimental purposes.
We think that pricing is an important feature as our devise is not meant for professional purposes (it can be used as such) therefore it has to be very affordable.
This means that to have enough buying capacity of some components and to invest in the box mouldings, circuit production we need a minimum amount of devices backed up.
The risks and challenges involved are getting everything done by April, technological challenges are always there, although we have done a lot of prototypes, all sorts of tests and already selected a very big amount of the essential components, we hope to overcome succesfully contingencies that may arise. Also all the software involved in the cloud has and is a challenge in order to get everything working nice and smooth.
But our mane concern is getting things simple in order to open IoT to all sorts of people and projects, and letting this community focus in the benefits they can achieve and utilities they can figure out with our device, more than fiddling around with electronics.
This is also a challenge for our team as we have been in the internet business since 1995, but are focussing on IoT since 2010.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)