After the successful Kickstarter funding of the Fifth Edition Grim and the Wicked campaign in August 2018, one of the most common questions sent to us has been, "will there be a players' guide?" During that campaign, we had always planned to release the guide as a stretch goal, however, we didn't reach the level of funding required to unlock it.
Now, we're asking for your help to bring the Grim and the Wicked Players' Guide to life!
About This Kickstarter
The full text of the Players' Guide is complete. The funds raised from this Kickstarter go towards additional artwork by our talented team of artists, editing by veteran designer Paul Jeffries, and layout by Rick Hershey of Fat Goblin Games. This book will also include original internal artwork by RM Shaffer (PassionFourDrawing) and Dean Spencer. Here's an example of Dean's art:
The Players' Guide
For nearly three years, we've worked on putting together and testing the Players' Guide. For those that watch the GeoQuester Gaming Twitch streams, many of the things you'll find in the Players' Guide have only been available to those players, until now. Here's a break down of what's in the 256-page full-color book:
- Additional standard race subraces.
- 7 new character races (including: the giantkin, as played by Tebo in Return of the Wraithborne and Mint in Blood of the Crown; the soulforged, as played by Lo4Life in Beast Pits of Ravenna; and the pactborn, as played by EraserTX in Beast Pits of Ravenna and HawkEye in Blood of the Crown)
- 6 new archetypes per character class (including: Circle of the Twilight Grove druid archetype, as played by Rob2e in Return of the Wraithborne)
- 2 new base character classes: the gunslinger and the witch, includes additional archetypes, witch hexes, and gunslinger exploits
- Dozens of feats, proficiencies, and character options.
- 4 new styles of magic usable by players: blood magic, ritual magic, rune magic, and tattoo magic (as played by SusieQ in Return of the Wraithborne)
- Hundreds of new spells!
- New magic item attunement options (as seen on Delvers' Society, Season 2).
- Hundreds of new items, including gear, magic items, and cursed items.
Preview #1: Oath of the Crusader paladin archetype: here.
Preview #2: Table of Contents: here.
As stretch goals are unlocked, we'll reveal previews here.
FUNDED ($2,500 - UNLOCKED!!!). Table of Contents preview revealed.
Internal Artwork I ($5,000 - LOCKED). We'll commission more internal color art. Race preview revealed.
Class Act ($7,500 - LOCKED). We'll add 1 more archetype to each character class (that's 14 new archetypes). Class preview revealed.
Internal Artwork II ($10,000 - LOCKED). Even more internal color art. Spell list preview revealed.
Early Bird Specials
From launch (October 24, 2018) to midnight Eastern US time on Halloween (October 31, 2018), you can take advantage of the Early Bird pledge levels. Get in on them quickly, before time runs out!
All PDF files will be sent via DriveThruRPG.
All Fantasy Grounds modules will be sent via SmiteWorks USA Fantasy Grounds store.
Risks and challenges
The full text of the book is already complete. The editor, Paul Jeffries, is already hard at work on making sure everything is perfect.
There's always a chance that a personal tragedy may occur, but overall risk on this project is incredibly low.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)