Files Are Uploaded and The Schedule Moving Forward
Hello my Intrepid Backers!
I wanted to let everyone know that files were uploaded to the manufacturer last night! This is a great milestone in the production process but there is still a LOT ahead. Below you will find a list of items that are still ahead.
In the meantime, here is the final box design! I LOVE IT!
Completed and In Progress Items
- Box artwork, Cards, Tiles and Rules files finalized - COMPLETED
- Upload files to the servers for the manufacturer to review - COMPLETED
- Manufacturer reviews and sends back corrections - IN PROGRESS
Here's What's Ahead
According to Panda Game Manufacturing, it can take up to 8 weeks to finalize the preproduction process. Here’s a breakdown of those 8 weeks.
- We fix the issues and return the files to Manufacturer – Mid December
- Panda is on Holiday from Dec 24 to Jan 1st.
- Manufacturer approves the files and sends them to their production facility – Early Jan
- Production Facility snail-mails us “Proofs” to review for accuracy – Mid Jan
- We review those “proofs” and send Manufacturer corrected files or approve those files as is. If we approved we start Full Production – Early Feb * Note, if more corrections are needed, this whole timeline gets pushed back.
According to Panda Game Manufacturing Mass Production can take up to 8 weeks. Also, the Chinese New Year runs right in the middle of Mass Production, which means this will add roughly 3 weeks to the overall production schedule.
- Panda is on the Chinese Holiday from Feb 9th to Feb 27th.
- Completion of Full production – Late March
According to Panda shipping from China to the US can take up to 6 weeks.
- Once printing is complete, games are split into shipments to our fulfillment centers – Late March
- Pallets pass through the port in China – Early April
- Pallets pass through US and EU customs – Early May
- Pallets arrive at the warehouse in EU and US – Mid May
- Orders are fulfilled! – Estimated to ship to you in Late May
Well that's about it! Hopefully everything goes over smoothly and we can stick to this plan!
Thanks again for trusting me and I can't wait for everyone to get their copy of Covalence and hear how you all like the game!
Overflowing with appreciation!