We’re GenerOZity, Australia’s largest independent charity livestream and variety show!
Our goal is to raise money for mental health (CheckPoint Charity) and Children's hospitals (Child's Play Charity) by stacking the decks with Australia’s top gaming influencers and content creators across one gigantic broadcast. So far we’ve raised over $66,000 for mental health and children in need, and we've never taken a single cent in operating costs.
This year we’ll be running alongside PAX Australia in October for a more community focused show to make a bigger difference.
What PAX AUS means to GenerOZity
The GenerOZity team came together at the very first PAX AUS, and we’ve grown enough since then that we want to invite ALL attendees to be a part of the show.
Being at Australia’s largest gaming convention, we’re closer to the content creators, and closer to the amazingly generous Aus gaming community. We want the opportunity to inspire, create and collaborate on a much larger scale, in front of a large rotating audience LIVE from the show.
We think that a live show in the middle of Australia's biggest gaming convention, filled with the biggest streamers, YouTubers, community groups, and eSports organisations in the country has so much potential to make a difference. We know that putting on a show of this size is something we can do, but we need help getting it there.
We've ran every GenerOZity so far on our own wallet, but a show with this kind of potential needs a couple of dollars to get off the ground.
We are thrifty: The team was recently quoted over $750 for a single paywave machine, and our technical lead built one for $80 in parts.
This Kickstarter covers operational costs for running the event at PAX in October:
- Room Hire / Venue Fees: The convention center is hard mode.
Set Dressing & Props: We're ramping up the shenanigans.
- Streamer Incentives: Hair shaving/coloring, cupcake fights, Nerf war, hot sauce challenges, Slime, etc...
- Internet Access and Bandwidth: We only stream the best artisanal packets.
- Equipment Hire: Gaming PCs, and Cameras, and mics, ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵃᵖᵗᵘʳᵉ ᶜᵃʳᵈˢ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃ ᵗᵉʳᵃᵈᵉᶜᵏ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃ ᵐᶦˣᵉʳ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵃᵇˡᵉˢ, ᵃⁿᵈ...
- Postage for Prizes: This logistical stuff is a nightmare.
- Promotional Material: Fancy shirts/Stickers/merch for our supporters/community.
- GenerOZity Pinata: for the closing ceremony. May or may not just be Joel.
- Research & Development: Our Technomancer is busy building futuristic robo-gateways, Twitch Extensions, hosting pages, and a bunch of other features to help other charity events in Australia. We'll be showing off a few this GenerOZity!
$5500 - Limited Edition Merch: We want to commission Australian artists and create a small run of limited edition merchandise - for this additional goal, we'll be able to hire an artist and get a limited run of clothing printed.
$6500 - Behind The Scenes Footage: see what it takes to make a GenerOZity, record individual interviews with our guests about mental health, and chronicle the amazing PAX Aus 2018.This will let us dedicate a team member to recording and editing.
- $10,000 - 'WHAT?!': Oh gosh. We'll throw out all the stops and do an entire professional Space themed setup, costuming, and do our best to put on the best gosh darn show you ever done seen. We'll definitely be running 84 hours non stop!
Please join our community!
Risks and challenges
We're running lean... The major risk is the unknown. Just remember you can't make a mistake, just happy little accidents.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)