Pledge via PayPal
Click here to pledge via PayPal 🙂
PayPal pledges (02-08): ➕3235€
Three stretch goals funded! 😄
Become a better game developer with Godot
After two successful Kickstarters, we're back to create even better game development courses for the Free 2d and 3d game engine Godot! 🤖
Godot is a Free, modern, and multiplatform game engine built by hundreds of developers from all around the world. It's the fastest growing Free game technology on GitHub right now. 📈
We are here to create polished game creation tutorials that will help beginners and seasoned users alike.
But for that we need your support! 🌱
Learn 2d and 3d Game Creation 🎮
For the course, we're going to create two complementary Godot projects:
- A 2d platform-adventure demo inspired by Metroidvanias
- And its 3d counterpart, an exciting platform game demo with combat mechanics. It will have simple yet polished art, and we will make great tutorials to help you get your feet wet with 3d game development.
With your pledge, we will create:
- Free and accessible video series for the official Godot manual
- A premium course to learn more advanced techniques that you will get as a Kickstarter reward
We will produce a minimum of 60 high-quality video tutorials, on top of the Free game demos.
The premium tutorials will come out on Gumroad, DRM-free.
The Free series will be available on our YouTube channel, on our website, and in the official Godot manual. Free to download, to use however you would like, and to redistribute.
Open Source from the start 🌟
We are building all the projects from this Kickstarter on GitHub from day one. This way you'll be able to see our progress, get involved if you want to sharpen your skills, and to give us feedback anytime! 😄
New tutorial every day
We're making Free Game Creation Tutorials every day on our Youtube channel during the campaign!
You can find them all here: GDquest 2019 Kickstarter playlist
Why you should support us
In 2018, we:
- Created dozens of free game creation tutorials on YouTube
- Released all our Godot projects as Free Software on GDquest's GitHub
- Made a Free Godot presentation, translated in 14 languages
- Organized events to bring Godot's official reference from 25% to 70% complete and wrote tutorials for the official manual
And more! All that thanks to your support in our previous Kickstarter.
We're the only team who's both teaching and contributing to Godot the way we do. And we're dedicated to making excellent free and premium tutorials.
More than tutorials about specific games, we share general game creation knowledge to help you become an independent game developer.
The First 3 Stretch Goals
Thank you kindly for funding the project! On top everything below, we will create:
- Two detailed, curated learning paths to smoothly learn Godot, respectively for beginners and developers coming from another engine. (€20,000)
- A professionally-built 3d prototyping kit, with an animated character, and modular level design assets. (€24,000)
- An official New Features in Godot 3.1 video tutorial series. (€28,000)
Each reward level builds on top of the last!
Who we are
Hi! I'm Nathan, GDquest's founder.
I've been working in the game industry for a few years before starting Game Design Quest. We're working with Guilherme, a young engineer, Henrique aka Pigdev, a game designer and Free Software advocate, and Razvan, an experienced developer.
Our mission is to bring people together to become the game creators that we want to be.
We use and contribute to professional-grade Free and Open Source Software and produce as much content as we can to help everyone.
Your pledges will go to the team
The money from this Kickstarter will allow us to hire Guilherme full-time for 3 months and produce content together.
I will work full-time alongside them using the revenue from our past projects.
Thank you 🙇
We got here thanks to all our backers, all our students, all our followers, and all the dedicated developers who build our favorite Free Software.
Thank you all. 🙂
Risks and challenges
We released hundreds of free tutorials and we've ran two successful Kickstarters before. We will complete the project and deliver no matter what.
The biggest challenge here is the 3d course: we don't have as much experience compared to 2d.
I started my career as a 3d artist though, so it's not completely new either. As we are open sourcing our work from the start though, experienced 3d game developers will be able to review and to help us improve our code!
We also always keep in touch with our backers on Discord, Twitter, Youtube... you can get in touch with fellow students and with us easily if you have any concerns with the project's progress, or if you have an issue.
Lastly, if you think the final course isn't good, we will gladly refund your copy! This goes for the first 4 rewards.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)