New to Ninja Dice? No problem! Here’s a quick intro with everything you need to know.
- 2-5 players, 15-35 minutes to play, ages 8 and up.
- Easy to learn, fast-paced, and fun for all ages!
- Push-your-luck game with elements of strategy.
- The position and the direction dice face when they land matters!
- Roll dice on every players’ turn- it’s not just a multiplayer game of solitaire!
- Everything fits in an adorably cool, small and portable ninja plush case, so you can take Ninja Dice on the go!
- Ninja Dice is proud to be a product originally backed on Kickstarter. Many thanks to all our loyal fans who made this game possible!
Or check out a review by Tom Vasel:
and this just in!
Bower's Game Corner: review of Kage Masters (prototype copy)
In Ninja Dice: Kage Masters, you can play Ninja Dice as one of 5 new unique characters known as kage masters! A kage (pronounced “COG-AY”, not “cage”!) is an elite ninja, the leader of his or her village, and master of the clan’s hidden techniques. Each kage has their own kage die and character card, complete with special abilities unique to that kage. The kage dice are a seamless addition to the original game rules, yet they add many layers of engaging fun to the gameplay!
But that’s not all- get ready for some new location cards! Like the originals, these special location cards add extra challenge and flavor to the base game, but now they offer a bonus reward for beating them: extra elite training! Read on to find more about what kinds of new abilities the kage masters bring to Ninja Dice.
At the beginning of the game, you choose which kage you want to play as, taking their character card and kage die. Every time you would normally roll, roll your kage die as well. That means when it’s your turn, roll it with the skill dice. On other players’ turns, roll it as a special threat die. Your character card describes what abilities you have, including what happens when you roll your kage die’s unique icons. Depending on whether or not it’s your turn, your kage’s abilities can change, so each turn is different and engaging!
There are 5 kage to choose from, each with their own different abilities and strategies for playing the game. There’s one for every kind of player!
Here’s an overview of what you’ll get in the Ninja Dice: Kage Masters expansion:
- 5 new kage dice, each with a custom design and colored icons
- 5 kage character cards, sized to fit within the original ninja dice box
- 12 all-new location cards (plus 6 unlocked cards for a total of 18)
- 1 rules sheet
- Fire and Posion tokens (added with Stretch Goal #2)
All of this enhances the original Ninja Dice game (sold separately). You can even fit the new dice in the original dice bag of the base game! But keep checking back, we’re ready to include more if we have enough backers! See the stretch goals section below for additional details
What does exclusive mean? Items marked as exclusive will only be available via this Kickstrater or from Greenbrier Games directly. You will not find these in retail. These are also limited items that will only have a small initial print run and may not be printed again.
With 5 successful Kickstarters under our belt, we have learned a lot about what it takes to get our games into your hands. One of the biggest things is how variable shipping can be. As such, we will be charging shipping after the Kickstarter concludes, according to the actual costs incurred to ship to your area. We will do this through our own Pledge Manager system after the campaign concludes.
There are two reasons we are doing this. First, it allows us to provide a lower rate on the actual pledge levels and structure a much tighter budget for the campaign and stretch goals since we do not have to estimate for shipping costs. Second, the funds raised for the project are 100% for the actual project itself rather than being partially inflated by shipping costs that may not be accurate.
We will be shipping through our various distribution areas. Depending on where you live, we will ship to you through our USA, Europe, Canada, or Australian centers.
Though the pricing may vary due to any add-ons you pledge for by the end of the campaign, we're anticipating an average shipping fee to be about:
- $5 to ship in the USA
- $5-10 in Canada
- $8-12 in the EU and Australia / New Zealand
- $15-20 to ship everywhere else
Please note these are estimates and they may increase or decrease based on the quantity of stretch goals we unlock, final box size and weight and also the current postal prices at the time of shipping.
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you decide you don’t like Ninja Dice Kage Masters within 1 month of receiving it, you can return it for a refund (see FAQ for details).
- Early-Adopter Discount: Every copy of Ninja Dice Kage Masters ($10) comes at more than a 20% discount off planned MSRP ($12.99) as an appreciation of your early support.
- Limited and Exclusive Content: We'll only print a limited number of certain rewards based on the final pledge totals. Some rewards will only be available for purchase through this Kickstarter or at conventions. This is your chance to get them at a discount while they last!
- We Listen: We treat backers as collaborators—we really value your input, and we promptly and transparently address all questions and concerns. Have an idea for a cool stretch goal or an awesome mechanic that would be perfect for the game? Tell us and it might get added!
- Because We Need You: We’ve covered the cost of graphic design and game design for Ninja Dice Kage Masters, but we can’t manufacture and ship the game without your support. You, the backers, are the people who make our games possible.
We are all lifelong gamers in one form or another who have been leading dual lives. By day working normal jobs, by night (and on weekends) building games whether physical or digital. In our spare time, we have formed a successful board game development and publishing company. We are so excited to be returning to Ninja Dice with this expansion!
Find out More
Risks and challenges
This is our sixth tabletop game Kickstarter project. Our first project started with cardboard and ended up with custom miniatures, cards, dice and expansion packs. From our past projects we've learned the ins and outs of nearly every facet of the board game manufacturing world. We've learned (painfully!) how to set realistic goals for both ourselves and our backers, hopefully making the process rewarding for everyone involved.
As with any project produced overseas, there can be unforeseen production delays, shipping delays, and customs delays. So we've learned (again painfully!) all about delays and ways to manage or avoid them. We know that some delays can’t be predicted or avoided, so we plan extra room in our schedule. This way we can give you the best estimate for the day we can get our game into your hands- because we want to ship our games as much as you want to receive them!
The dice and initial game mechanics have been completed. We just need to finish card art and put in the final touches- plus any new additions for the awesome stretch goals we might unlock! Of course, we've also learned to be realistic in the extra time needed for any extra content that may be added with our stretch goals. Any extra time we spend will be devoted to putting on the polish to make our game the best product it can be!
So, though there are potential delays in a manufacturing project like Ninja Dice, we are confident, with the experience from our last five successful projects and our close relationship with our manufacturer, that we will meet (or beat) our projected delivery date.
Thank you so much for your help making our dreams a reality!
~ The Greenbrier Games Team
- (30 days)