AEGIS: Combining Robot Strategy Game (Canceled)
AEGIS: Combining Robot Strategy Game (Canceled)
Command your robots. Unite their power. Blitz your opponents in fast-paced, strategic combat. 2 to 4 players. 25 to 45 minutes.
Command your robots. Unite their power. Blitz your opponents in fast-paced, strategic combat. 2 to 4 players. 25 to 45 minutes. Read more
Greenbrier Games and Zephyr Workshop are proud to bring you A.E.G.I.S., the premier tabletop game of strategic combining robot combat! It's Pokemon meets Voltron, and captures all the feel of Super Robot combat without complex rule system!
A.E.G.I.S. is a fast-paced, team building strategy game, where your squad of five giant combining robots fight as one united front. Sharing energy with each other, they are also able to combine into bigger, more powerful forms to change the tide of battle.
**For Shipping Details please see the Shipping Section below.
- Fast-paced action-strategy game for up to 4 players!
- Speedy game time! Plays in 25-45 minutes!
- Great replayability! Team building with 5 different classes across 80 robots allows for thousands and thousands of team combinations!
- Robots can combine into larger, more powerful forms, just like in your favorite anime and sentai series!
- Multiple game modes! Territory control, Drafting, Tag Team, Tournament rules and more!
- Unique shared-energy system is simple, intuitive, and adds strategic depth to game-play and team building!
- Hotblooded combat! Over 120 uniquely named attacks! The game delivers the feel of Rocket Punching your opponent in the face!
- 40 unique robots in each box! Why pay $40 for 2 units and a single card? Unlike other skirmish and war games, A.E.G.I.S. gets you 40 completely unique and awesome playable characters in each box for a fraction of the price!
Red and humanoid, A-Class robots focus on short range and melee attack weapons, engaging single opponents and increasing the offensive power of nearby allies.
Blue and compact, E-Class robots have high mobility and evasion, allowing them to ignore and disrupt opponent’s formations, and are armed with weapons that can hit wide areas and multiple enemies!
Green and huge, G-Class robots plod along and can take lots of hits and deal lots of damage. They fire heavy weapons, smash opponents around the battlefield, and protect the robots around them.
Purple and insectile, I-Class robots are tricky and have specialized weaponry for disrupting your opponent's tactics, burning away their energy, stunning, and disarming them.
Yellow and brimming with energy, S-Class robots keep the rest of your team going. Hanging back from the fray, these robots repair and attack with long-range weaponry, along with increasing the effectiveness of allies’ abilities.
When Single-Class Basic Bots won’t cut it, it’s time to combine into a bigger robot! Combining robots together will change up your strategy and can change the tide of battle!
Combine robots of different Classes to get more power!
Each robot has an ability that triggers when they come into play, so knowing when and where to unleash that power is the key to victory!
A.E.G.I.S. is launching with two $40 boxes:
- ARC BUSTER: Sporting offensive, defensive, control and bombing strategies!
- SKY GUARD: Sporting evasive, energy draining, sniping and combo strategies!
- Each box is a stand-alone game for 2-4 players!
- By combining both starter sets with over 80 different robots, players can create a near endless variety of team combinations. In a highly expandable universe, new robots can continue to be introduced, giving you more strategies and more power!
And a rulebook!
In A.E.G.I.S., you build a team of five robots to destroy your opponent’s team of five. When building your teams there are important key features to build around and consider.
- BUILD YOUR TEAM - Assemble a team of five robots out of the five different Classes! Build around the strategy you want to use! Each Class of robots has unique powers and strategic options. An aggressive team could be built from Assault and Evasive robots, but a more long-range and defensive team could be made of Guard and Support types. Which Classes you use defines the way you play, and there are infinite possibilities!
- YOUR ROBOTS SHARE ENERGY - Each robot on your team produces and shares Energy with the others. Energy is used for moving and attacking, where each space moved costs 1 Energy, and each die rolled costs 1 Energy. Different Classes of robots consume and produce Energy differently! Assault robots consume a lot, but Guards don’t! Evasive robots don’t provide a lot of Energy, but Supports can! Build teams that manage energy effectively to be the best!
- GATTAI YOUR ROBOTS TOGETHER - The most important aspect of team building is how your robots Combine with one another. Combining your robots is your main way to change strategies in mid-combat. If you have an A-Class and an S-Class, they can combine into an AS-Class, allowing for more power and versatility. Add an I Class to that and you have an AIS Class, a robot that's even more independently powerful and doesn't require its allies as much. If your whole team is compatible, combine them all together into an AEGIS Class robot!
(Assets Pictured are Prototype Assets)
1. Intro and Robot Types
2. Reading the Cards
3. Energy and Movement
4. Attacks and Passives
5. Combining and Winning
The Five Nations of Sigaea are deadlocked in a bitter war. A special few across the world have unlocked the ability to synchronize with powerful, long-forgotten robots, and now the Five Nations are in an arms race to see who will be the first to combine into an all-powerful AEGIS-Class robot and shift the balance of power!!
- Hailing from each Nation and lands abroad and in-between, these heroes are known as Commanders -- They each have their own unique robots, and their own robot teams they bring into battle. Each Starter Set comes with four commanders and 10 of their associated robots!
- Each Commander Robot has an ability that affects the whole team, giving you numerous strategies to build around!
- The Arc Buster Starter Set features the ragtag army hero Ainer, the eccentric general Gamound, the brutal and mysterious Ixa and the wildly destructive Poppet!
- The Sky Guard Starter Set features the undefeated sky warrior Etwal, the justice and order-minded Stell, the renegade vigilante Diane and the mighty mercenary Ryos!
Both Starter Sets offer different play styles and strategies! If you have both, the options are limitless!
SOCIAL MEDIA STRETCH GOALS
A.E.G.I.S. has been in development for a while now, and all the art was not done at the same time. So some of our awesome Commander robots actually have the oldest art! Let's upgrade them by getting the word out!
Our Facebook page has 670 likes! If we can get that number to 700, we'll unlock new art for Commander Ainer's ARK-150 in every Arc Buster box!
"Combat in A.E.G.I.S. is easy to learn and based on a simple energy allocation system, but its tactics are rich and difficult to master, just as any good combat strategy game should be."
-Carmen Bellaire, Designer - RoboTech RPG Tactics. Read the full review here!
"The first impression that A.E.G.I.S leaves is very excellent. The artwork is very well-realized, with each Class having a detailed, distinctive feel, which is carried over into the higher-level combined robots. A.E.G.I.S‘s second impression is just as solid, with intriguing game play…"
-Brandon Bobal, TechRaptr. Read the full review here!
"Looking to offer a unique wargaming experience without the hassle of lugging around miniatures or putting up giant 4×4 tables. A.E.G.I.S. is a wargame in which players control groups of small robots that can combine into bigger, more powerful robots as they crash across the battlefield in attempts to destroy all of your opponent’s ‘bots."
- Raine, Initiative: Tabletop Read the full review here!
"A.E.G.I.S. is a refreshing change from what we’re used to in tabletop tactics. Without dumbing down the gameplay, A.E.G.I.S. provides a simple to pick up battle system that’s fast to play through. Our first game with it took about 30-40 minutes start to finish, including pauses for explanations of the rules."
- James, Pioneer Valley Nerd Watch Read the full review here!
We've got a pre-set up demo of Ainer vs Gamound in Tabletop Simulator, available to anyone who has Steam and Tabletop Simulator installed. Follow the instructions below to load up the tts AEGIS demo and start blowing up robots today!
- Click this link to head over to the dropbox folder where the preloaded game is located. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n4ac3l3qyrkvrp/TS_Save_12.json?dl=0)
- Download the file to your computer. Don’t change the name of the file! In order for it to work properly with tabletop simulator, the file name must remain the same.
- Open your start menu and go to “This PC.”
- Double click “Documents.”
- Double click the “My Games” folder.
- Double click the “Tabletop Simulator” folder.
- Double click the “Saves” folder.
- Move your new saved file into the saves folder.
Now all you have to do is start playing tabletop simulator, and click “load game” - the new save "Ainer vs Gamound" should appear! You and one other player should have everything you need to blow each other up!
Some quick notes:
- This is still a WIP version of the game. Some assets are liable to change. In addition not all robots’ stats and abilities are finalized.
- The production version of this game will come with tokens to track damage and status buffs/debuffs. For the tabletop simulator, we’ll be using extra dice to track this information. (Those dice are located off to the side of the board).
- There are quick reference rules located in the games "notebook" (in the bar at the top of your tts screen) but don’t forget to check out the rules as you’re playing!
- Playing requires you have both Steam and a copy of Tabletop Simulator installed. You can learn more about Tabletop Simulator here.
Let us know if you have any questions!
We're Zephyr Workshop, and we created this awesome robot smashing game. A.E.G.I.S. has been developed by us mostly independently of Greenbrier Games' internal design teams, and was created before/in-parallel with their other on-going projects.
When we made this game, we set out with these clear goals:
- Make a wargame/strategy game with simple rules, affordability and fast playtime.
- Make a game that appeals to those who don't normally play tabletop games, but enjoy titles like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars and X-Com
- Make a turn-based strategy tabletop game that evoked the feeling of explosive combining robot combat
- And have it be visually unique from all other games - build an aesthetic from scratch and not just recolorize existing popular things
We believe we have succeeded!
A.E.G.I.S. has been in development since 2013 -- Initially as a senior capstone project at Becker College and then as a self-published title which was in print through 2014 and early 2015. The game has been played with hundreds and hundreds of people at events across the country, and it has evolved over time to be more streamlined, accessible and content-robust.
Fans have seen the game at PAX East, Gen Con, BoardGameGeek.CON, Templecon, Game Developer's Conference and the Boston Festival of Indie Games, North East Comic Con, among many others over the last couple of years and watched A.E.G.I.S. evolve into what it is today.
In early 2015, the game was signed on with Greenbrier Games, and from there on the game started to become the strong retail/tournament/event-oriented product we wanted it to be. What once was originally in hand-crafted paper boxes, the game now has high quality assets, a total visual overhaul and much more refined, expansive game-play to meet the needs of several different types of fans.
It can't be understated that A.E.G.I.S. has been a pure passion project. We didn't set out to build a game, we set out to build an IP - a world with a distinct style all its own, but still be familiar enough to pull at the heart strings of everyone everywhere who loves fighting Super Robots. From Power Rangers to GaoGaiGar to Gurren Lagann to Voltron to Medabots to Evangelion to G Gundam to Getter Robo - this is it. This is the definitive tabletop game about explosive combining robot combat - and we put everything we had into it.
Greenbrier Games, an independent game company based out of Marlborough, MA, is a small team of tabletop games designers and publishers headed up by Jeff Gracia. Their inaugural game, Zpocalypse, was the highest backed Kickstarter boardgame at the time of its funding. It has gone on to win awards and allowed the company to expand to game publishing, miniatures design and taking on games in a variety of tabletop styles that all have one common factor; they’re fun to play.
Zephyr Workshop, an independent game company based out of Worcester, MA, is comprised of alumni from the Becker College and MassDiGI Interactive Media Design program. It is the only two-year winner of Start-Up Worcester, and strives to build distinct IPs with unique worlds and characters across several mediums, along with contracting design and art services to clients.
With several successful Kickstarters under our belt, we have learned a lot about what it takes to get our games into your hands. One of the biggest things is how variable shipping can be. As such, we will be charging shipping after the Kickstarter concludes, according to the actual costs incurred to ship to your area. We will do this through our own Pledge Manager system after the campaign concludes.
There are two reasons we are doing this. First, it allows us to provide a lower rate on the actual pledge levels and structure a much tighter budget for the campaign and stretch goals since we do not have to estimate for shipping costs. Second, the funds raised for the project are 100% for the actual project itself rather than being partially inflated by shipping costs that may not be accurate.
We will be shipping through our various distribution areas. Depending on where you live, we will ship to you through our USA, Europe, Canada, or Australian centers.
Though the pricing may vary due to any add-ons you pledge for by the end of the campaign, we're anticipating an average shipping fee to be about:
- $12.63 to ship in the USA
- $14.24 in Canada
- $20.71 - $23.88 in the EU and Australia / New Zealand
- $45.00 - $52.86 to ship everywhere else using a small or medium flat rate USPS box.
Please note these are estimates and they may increase or decrease based on the quantity of stretch goals we unlock, final box size and weight and also the current postal prices at the time of shipping.
Risks and challenges
A.E.G.I.S. has been in development for three years and we’re ready for Kickstarter! With Zephyr Workshop’s enthusiasm and Greenbrier Games’ experience with many successful Kickstarter campaigns, we’re ready to combine into complete awesomeness! The game design is fully complete, so when the campaign ends we can begin the production process. There is the possibility of circumstances beyond our control going wrong, shipping could be delayed from production, or something could get lost in the mail. We’ll keep you updated with any major milestones of the project, production and delivery. If you have any questions you can always contact us via this Kickstarter page, email or in person.
Why we need you, from Zephyr Workshop:
A.E.G.I.S. exists because there is a huge lack of combining robots in board games. Everything started as a group of friends who realized this tragedy and decided to combine and create a game around a medium we love. We’ve been pouring our souls, sparks, oil, and parts into the game for over three years because we know there are more fans out there who want what we do-- more robots! Lend us your power to help us get the game in retail stores! Help us spread the awesomeness of combining robots!
- (23 days)