Nearly 4 years...
Did you know its been almost 4 years since our original Kickstarter campaign ended? Wow! We've been working on this game for that long?!
We have to start with a huge huge huge thank you. Thank you for believing in us. Thank you for putting your money into a game project from a first time game developer, thank you for believing that we could make this happen, and thank you for entrusting us. A lot has happened in those 4 years!
We also want to apologize for the lack of communication and poor timeline execution -- we had to learn the hard way about a lot of the pitfalls of making your own game and we greatly overestimated our skill to amount of time ratio, and ended up falling short of a lot of our projections for release dates. This is something we can only promise to work hard on improving for the future, and we hope you'll continue to support us through our growing pains.
We have a lot of news announcements to make so, buckle up.
1) We will be announcing the release date for 2064: Read Only Memories [JP] in the next 2 weeks.
The game will be released on PS4 and PC before the end of November in Japan with full localization (but English voices!). We have spent a very long time working with PLAYISM in Japan to make sure our localization got things right. We also got to go to TGS to show it off a month ago, and we had a lot of fun showing folks our near completed version of 2064:ROM JP. :)
We're really glad to have found a partner who understands the vision we had for the game and was committed to making sure it represented the cyberpunk and queer spirit we intended for the world. If you're in Japan or have friends who speak Japanese, please stay tuned. We believe the localization is a true extension of our vision :)
2) We will be releasing 2064: Read Only Memories soon on Limited Run Games for PS4. There will be 3 different covers, each with only 2,064 copies of those covers being made. Once they're out, they're out, so you better act fast!
3) Future Ports: Unfortunately, we have tried and tried and tried to get the game to run on PSVita, but the way we built the original engine was just not made for the amount of memory the system has. As huge fans of Danganronpa and the 999 series, we really understand the value and potential of PSVita and hoped and spent a lot of money and time trying to get this to work, but it just is not meant to be. We are pretty crushed over here too ... In the future, we'll make sure the build our games knowing the limitations of the platforms we're aiming for before making any assumptions if we'll actually be able to execute.
However, the Xbox One port is at 95%, and should be ready to go in the next month. Additionally, the Switch port is about 85% done, and we're looking at a February launch date for that.
The Switch version will be called "2064: Read Only Memories Integral" and will contain a bunch of fun extras like trailers, art, music and more in a special bonus "zome", and will be priced at $20.64 - we also will be looking to do a physical release with Limited Run as well, so please stay tuned.
3B) We also are hoping to have a mobile version of the game finally ported to iOS and Android for a discounted price around summer, with a few changes to make the game mobile friendly. We know that mobile backers have been extremely patient with us, and we hope we can deliver on this soon. Since most mobile phones actually have far more memory than a PSvita (only 512MB for games!) we feel confident we won't run into the same issues as we did with the Vita.
4) There will be an update that will be FREE before the end of the year, that includes new voice acting for Dekker, Turing, Lexi, Crow and Gordon, as well as the police ROMs, the hospital ROM and more! Please stay tuned for that - it'll basically complete all of 2064's voice acting and fills in a few of the unvoiced gaps.
Wow, so much to recap, and there's actually more!! OK so:
- 2064: ROM release date in Japan to be announced in 2 weeks. Release before end of year.
-2064: ROM physical release on Limited Run before end of year. 3 Versions/Covers - only 2,064 copies of each will be made!
- 2064: ROM will be out on Xbox One before the end of the year. We will unfortunately not be able to make the port for the PSVita. We know. :(
- 2064: ROM Integral will be on Nintendo Switch in Feb/March for $20.69
- We are still working on 2064: ROM Type:M for iOS and Android and hope to have a version out by summer.
- All versions of the game will get new voice acting scenes and a few additional bug fixes and content tweaks as a free update before the end of the year.
After all of that... we will be done updating and releasing 2064: Read Only Memories.
However, we have begun work on a new Read Only Memories story, and we believe that those of you who have been with us since the beginning will really appreciate what's next for the world we've created and we really hope you'll stick with us to see what's next.
Please hit us up anytime at @rom2064 or @wearemidboss or email us at email@example.com at anytime!! We want to talk to you!