What is it?
As a student, I use my pencil on a daily basis, and i find myself constantly dealing with two major headaches:
The first problem is I have to often resharpen my pencil because the lead breaks in my pencil bag. This is a very frustrating problem for me, and I've had way to many close calls on test days due to broken pencils.
The second problem I face is that sometimes I want to carry my pencil with my notebook, but I can't find a way to attach my pencil to my notebook.
I designed CapNClip to solve those two issues. The cap provides protection to your lead, and the clip makes it easy to carry your pencil.
Production & Shipping
Each CapNClip will be 3D printed on my own 3D printer with silver/grey PLA plastic, and I will be shipping them out as soon as they are printed.
Each pack of CapNClip will be shipped as a USPS First Class Package, you will receive tracking information.
CapNClip is a Quickstarter, a creative prompt aimed at inspiring small projects. A Quickstarter should follow the following rules:
1. The development process—from sketching an idea to launching it on Kickstarter—should take no more than three months.
2. Keep the campaign under 20 days.
3. The funding goal should be below $1,000 (or thereabouts in your local currency).
4. The main reward should be under $50.
5. The video should be shot over one day with whatever camera you have (smartphone highly recommended).
6. Don’t do any PR and media outreach (unless you get contacted).
7. Don’t run any paid ads on social media.
8. No stretch goals.
9. Include “Quickstarter” in your campaign name.
Risks and challenges
As this is my first kickstarter campaign, I try to be caution and avoid as many setbacks as possible.
I had a lot of experience with 3D printing, but this is my first time making a 3D printed product. However, I am confident in my ability to deliver this product since I'm already familiar with my 3D printer as well as the production process.
Since I'm a student, there is also a chance that school might delay production or shipping, but I will try my very best to deliver each product on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)